[Tournament] Codex Asynchronous suMmer Swiss (CAMS) 2022

I’ll play.

1 Like

I’m in as well, not sure about deck yet.

1 Like

I’m in, [Feral]/Growth/Truth

Necro/Blood/Truth

2 Likes

Yepp, all that black nerfs, especially the one to det is going to make truth strong, so Crashbarrow.Dec is what I expect to profit a lot from that. Really great to see this deck in the tournament!

1 Like

Modified the OP but now have a final list of changes for the tourney, after much debate in the Balance 2.0 thread.

“Forum Standard” Rules Addenda v 2.1 (CAMS22 Edition)

Nerfs
Vandy Remove resist 1 at midband
Garth Reduce midband stats to 2/3
MoLaC If you have no units in play, remove all runes from this
Lich’s Bargain Base damage increased from 4 to 6
Pirate Gunship Remove obliterate 2
Deteriorate Increase cost to 1
Dark Pact Increase cost to 1
Bird’s Nest Change Upkeep to “Resummon one lost bird (max: 2)”
Battle Suits Change to apply to “Purple Soldiers and Mystics”
Buffs
Troq Swap midband and maxband
Mid at 4 and max at 7
Let maxband target any building
The Boot Modify text to “Destroy a tech 0 unit, a tech 1 unit, or an upgrade”, change card type from “Spell - Debuff” to “Spell”

One week remaining to sign up and get me those deck choices! I gotta decide still myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll be in, not sure what with.

1 Like

Still plenty of strong combat heroes to overwhelm the weak heroes of my deck.

Just submitted my deck choice via PM. It’s amazing how many seemingly good spec combinations have not been tested in PbF tournaments yet, so I’m again going to create a new extra data point for @charnel_mouse 's awesome model :wink:

I’m counting the rebalanced specs as fresh specs, so I’ll need it!

2 Likes

I think that’s wise.

I want to be a “control group” player for the changes, anyone have preferences if I do Nightmare, Miracle Grow, or Purple Peace for the tourney?

Also do folks care if we call this a CAMS or change it to XCAMS in light of the semi-tested balance changes?

I would be interested to see, if in nightmare the strongest first tech with dp and fencer (leading to maestro and garth fetch guide) still is overpowered vs most of the decks. I don’t think so, which makes new ways to play nightmare more interesting. There are still plenty of strategies just for nightmare.

@Bryce_The_Rice @Dreamfire @charnel_mouse @Penatronic reminder to y’all we need deck submissions by Monday! I am planning to play Nightmare again

2 Likes

Time for [Balance]/Blood/Strength again.

If no one is testing out the new Bashing I’ll play [Bashing]/Balance/Demonology instead.

3 Likes

Let’s play with my experimental deck,
[Finesse]/Anarchy/Strength

Seems we still don’t have a Purple/Peace deck, so I’ll try my new variant [Present]/Peace/Discipline.

@Bryce_The_Rice you mean the “experimental” deck you took to the CAWS20 finals? :laughing:

1 Like

I experimented it all the way to second place. Needs more tweaking

2 Likes

Just waiting on @Penatronic for a deck choice now and then I’ll be able to post matchups!

Is it too late for me to enter with mono purple? would like to see how it fairs against the new changes to black/nightmare, because that was a rough matchup before.

5 Likes