Post Here if you're looking for a Play by Forum Opponent

Perfect thanks :slight_smile: I think i’ve got the template figured out for posting the moves so i hope that goes fairly smoothly. I might need some help along the way but hopefully not. Can you start the thread for us? Haven’t started a match on here yet

1 Like

I’m looking to play some games to try out a deck. I only want to play on weekends though.

Sounds good to me. I’ll play [Growth]/Truth/Strength at first. Start us off whenever you’re ready.

1 Like

Oh, that’s funny, since I’m playing [Feral]/Growth/Truth. Pretty similar decks, maybe? Only one way to find out!

Hi everyone, I’ve played quite a few games and seem to be getting a good hang of this awesome game! The strategy part is slowly coming along. I am having surgery on Friday and will be out of commision for quite a long time, which means i will have lots of time to myself. If anyone wants to get some games in, let me know

3 Likes

@TurboTurboBoost I currently have a bit time and would like to play a few games. I want to test a strategy, with which I am not familiar at all, so maybe it fits. I would prefer playing with the current tournament rules:

Link to all relevant rule changes

Just one exception if that is OK with you. We don’t switch Troqs midband and maxband abilities, because that makes him even worse, but we keep his level changes at 4 and 7 like the rule changes propose.

I would go with Bashing, Fire, Blood. If you are interested just open a game when you are ready. Otherwise someone else interested?

1 Like

@Moby_Dick Still on? Fair warning i will be slow posting but need a codex fix!
I’ll accept your requested version of troq on the condition that we also play a game with the full set of changes. I dont agree your version is stronger so would like to investigate, plus i feel cherry-picking the changes, especially when about to use a relevant spec, is a dangerous game…
I’ll be mono blue regardless, if u like this post or reply I’m happy to start the thread

Hey! I didnt see your post before and always feel this find a player forum ends up going in slightly too much of a stack-order! are you still wanting to play? Like i said above I’ll be posting slowly but happy to have a few casual games

Hey, sounds good to me. I will be [Disease]Blood/Fire

@dwarddd : Cherry-picking for by far the weakest spec, which no one wants to play, ehh :wink: The rule changes are neither finished yet nor sufficiently playtestet. Especially the Troq ones, since still no one wants to play him. If you think he is already balanced, feel free to show it on the next tourney :slight_smile:

I had testet him with Turbo and I don’t see any sense of playing him. If I want a hero with his stats, I would choose, Cala, Grave or Vandy. The mono colour bonus will be compensated with the first midband afterwards they are cheaper. On top their skills, their spells and their tech 1-3 units are better.

The only way for me to choose him would be mid and maxband at 3/5. But I don’t think you could deal with that with mono blue. I could exchange Troq with another hero, but that would probably lead to the same issue.

I can think of something else, I want to test, which could be a bit more balanced if you want to stick with mono blue.

Sorry @Moby_Dick ! I somehow missed your game against turbo despite looking for it

Having read through I do see why you argued for troq’s abilities in that order - fair enough :+1:

Just for fun I will take you up on Troq and try [Present]/Bashing/Finesse, choose whatever deck you want don’t worry about being balanced

Starting a thread now…

Anyone up for a casual game? I’d like to try out [Bashing/Finesse]/Balance (with the balance changes to Troq). rn 16

I would like to offer 2 things i would like to play:

1. [Finese] discipline strength of course with the nerfs, I think it is only birds.

2. I still have an open discussion with pena regarding bs nerf. So I would like to experiment with purple peace without the nerf but as well without garrison at all.

@Dreamfire is one if the matchups interesting for you?

2 Likes

Both of those are fine by me. You can open a thread once you decide.

Looking for a casual game, you can use any deck. Rnd 97

I want to try [Balance]/Necromancy/Strength!

I’ll play you as mono-Purple. Rnd 92.

1 Like

Anyone want to pick up a MMM series? There are a few that we don’t have any data on: Red v Black, Red v Purple, and Black v Purple.

There’s also Blue v White that wasn’t finished, but that one seems less fun…

I’d also be interested in revisiting White v Purple, to see firsthand if it’s quite as imbalanced as the last series suggests (10-0 Purple).

For “scientific rigor”, I’d want to play these games without any of the forum-agreed balance changes.

2 Likes

Sure, I could go for some MMM. Any color matchup would be fine.

1 Like

Cool! Since I had a taste of it in the tourny, I’ll take Purple in Red v Purple. I’ll open a warm-up thread.

1 Like

I’m interested in Red vs. Black., since the model considers that to be (barely) in Red’s favour, not Black’s. I’m not sure I’m experienced in either side of that matchup, though.

1 Like