[Tournament] Codex Asynchronous suMmer Swiss 2021 (CAMS21) Signups now open! Tourney Starts June 21

White Thespians? XD

1 Like

I suggested Daymare, but Iā€™m not sure it stuck :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

@CarpeGuitarrem friendly reminder that the tourney has started :wink:

1 Like

Fast round 1 there everyone! P1 was pretty successful so unavoidable for some 2-0 or 0-2 side assignments, itā€™ll level off as time goes on, GL HF!

CAMS21 Round 2

1. [CAMS21] Round2: P1 FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth vs P2 CarpeGuitarrem MonoRed
  2. [CAMS21] Round2: P1 zhavier [Future]/Necromancy/Peace vs P2 Dreamfire [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse
  3. [CAMS21] Round2: P1 bansa [Finesse]/Discipline/Strength vs P2 Nekoatl [Necromancy]/Present/Blood
  4. [CAMS21] Round2: P1 bolyarich [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse vs P2 OffKilter [Ninjutsu]/Necromancy/Anarchy
  5. [CAMS21] Round2: P1 dwarddd MonoPurple vs P2 charnel_mouse [Demonology]/Anarchy/Finesse

Bomber has the bye (retroactively, see dwarddd entering below)

3 Likes

@FrozenStorm If itā€™s not too much of a trouble, can you please add the symbols for round results? It really helps when we look back past tourneys for data and such.

3 Likes

More importantly, the links donā€™t work, because the double-hyphen in the given URL doesnā€™t appear in the one for the match thread. Something similar has happened before.

1 Like

Thank you both for those concerns.

Iā€™ve added the w/l indicators to Round 1 and will try to do this for future rounds, but no promises I do this in a timely fashion; if you want to check up-to-date tourney state, see the tracking spreadsheet linked at the bottom of the OP

Fixed the double space causing the double - issue in the spreadsheet and the R1/R2 links, lmk if you find any other issues!

3 Likes

Damn seeing all the games makes me want to join! @FrozenStorm I guess Iā€™ll take a loss week 1 and a bye week 2?

Unless anyone hasnt started their week 2 game and would be willing to be dealt a bye instead? - namely atm @zhavier, @Dreamfire and sort of @charnel_mouse altho bomber has posted a T1

However firstly they might all want to play this week and secondly i donā€™t want to mess with your pairings so I get it if i have a loss and a bye for week 1 and 2 instead.

Either way, Mono Purple is my deck.

3 Likes

I donā€™t mind taking a bye. Love seeing new (er, returning) players!

1 Like

Iā€™m fine taking a bye, too.

All right then, I rolled Bomber and charnel for a bye and it goes to Bomber, new game 5 for round 2 is

1. [CAMS21] Round2: P1 dwarddd MonoPurple vs P2 charnel_mouse [Demonology]/Anarchy/Finesse

Itā€™s just easier to give @dwarddd a bye for last round so Iā€™m going to do that unless someone wants to be a sourpuss and stickler me to the tourney rules; goal is to be friendly and welcoming here

GL HF to you dwarddd, on you to start the match off!

5 Likes

Ohh nooo I canā€™t believe the newcomer gets a free pass over me oh woe is me I have it so tough losing my first round in this niche nerd card game that only thirty people in the whole world care about :(((

ā€¦yeah I donā€™t mind, seems ok

4 Likes

Thanks bomber and frozenstorm, does indeed make me feel welcome! Will start the match in the (my) morning.

1 Like

Round 3 is upon us! @OffKilter drew the bye, balanced all the uneven P1/2 splits pretty well w/ the randomizer, GL HF all!

CAMS21 Round 3

1. [CAMS21] Round3: P1 Dreamfire [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 bansa [Finesse]/Discipline/Strength
  2. [CAMS21] Round3: P1 bolyarich [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth
  3. [CAMS21] Round3: P1 zhavier [Future]/Necromancy/Peace :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 CarpeGuitarrem MonoRed
  4. [CAMS21] Round3: P1 Nekoatl [Necromancy]/Present/Blood :knockdown: vs :medal_sports: P2 dwarddd MonoPurple
  5. [CAMS21] Round3: P1 Bomber678 [Past]/Peace/Anarchy :knockdown: vs :medal_sports: P2 charnel_mouse [Demonology]/Anarchy/Finesse
1 Like

Do you want me to start a new thread or just rename the round 2 one?

1 Like

Renaming the other one works for me! Didnā€™t even realize that worked out to be the same matchup lol

With last round nearly completed and Neko being a fine candidate for a bye if he manages a win against dwarddd from a tough position, weā€™re ready to match up Round4!

P1 is having a lot of success which makes matching tricky, but I think this works against our matchmaking priority rules. GL HF everyone!

CAMS21 Round 4

1. [CAMS21] Round4: P1 dwarddd MonoPurple :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 Dreamfire [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse
  2. [CAMS21] Round4: P1 bansa [Finesse]/Discipline/Strength :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 bolyarich [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse
  3. [CAMS21] Round4: P1 CarpeGuitarrem MonoRed :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 Bomber678 [Past]/Peace/Anarchy
  4. [CAMS21] Round4: P1 charnel_mouse [Demonology]/Anarchy/Finesse :knockdown: vs :medal_sports: P2 FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth
  5. [CAMS21] Round4: P1 OffKilter [Ninjutsu]/Necromancy/Anarchy :knockdown: vs :medal_sports: P2 zhavier [Future]/Necromancy/Peace
6 Likes

Well even though we have 2 games wrapping up, the elimination games have finished and thus we can proceed w/ round 5.

Thanks for joining the tourney go out to @Bryce_The_Rice , @charnel_mouse , @OffKilter and @Nekoatl who have now been officially eliminated. Hope to see all of you again in the fall!

CAMS21 Round 5

1. [CAMS21] Round5: P1 bolyarich [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 dwarddd MonoPurple
  2. [CAMS21] Round5: P1 zhavier [Future]/Necromancy/Peace vs P2 bansa [Finesse]/Discipline/Strength
  3. [CAMS21] Round5: P1 FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 Dreamfire [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse

@CarpeGuitarrem drew the bye this round

GL HF all!

3 Likes

One R5 game left to finish but moving along and no elimination imminent, one rematch was required for this round but was able to get it flipped p1/p2. @zhavier drew the bye, GL HF everyone else!

CAMS21 Round 6

1. [CAMS21] Round6: P1 bansa [Finesse]/Discipline/Strength :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth
  2. [CAMS21] Round6: P1 Dreamfire [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 dwarddd MonoPurple
  3. [CAMS21] Round6: P1 CarpeGuitarrem MonoRed :knockdown: vs :medal_sports: P2 bolyarich [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse
5 Likes

Thus ends round 6, thanks to @CarpeGuitarrem who leaves us in 7th we are down to a final 6! All but bansa are on elimination point so we will be 2 or 3 players lighter after this next round, only had to do one rematch and it is flipped P1/P2 from round 2. GL HF everyone!

CAMS21 Round 7

1. [CAMS21] Round7: P1 dwarddd MonoPurple :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 bansa [Finesse]/Discipline/Strength
  2. [CAMS21] Round7: P1 FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth :knockdown: vs :medal_sports: P2 zhavier [Future]/Necromancy/Peace
  3. [CAMS21] Round7: P1 bolyarich [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 Dreamfire [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse
3 Likes