[Tournament] Codex Asynchronous suMmer Swiss 2021 (CAMS21) Signups now open! Tourney Starts June 21

That was me. I just like variety, and given the recent model’s choice tournament, and that semi-regular implies presence in multiple tournaments, “something else” seemed like the best option for encouraging variety. I didn’t have anything specific in mind, just a general preference for new builds.

2 Likes

Next time, I might try that [Law]/Fire/Growth deck I got handed in XCAPS, and used in FFA. I’d like to practise with it a bit more first, though.

3 Likes

I love random decks. :slightly_smiling_face: practise is a verb and practice is a noun. Learned something new :wink:

Where are you seeing that? Merriam-Webster seems to suggest both can be used less commonly for both the noun and verb

It’s a UK vs. US thing, and applies to a few other words with the same ending.

2 Likes

Colour vs Color and all that eh?

2 Likes

And Saviour Monk, yeah :wink:

You’ll always catch me typing Saviour Monk correctly, among other words. Armour too.

2 Likes

I can understand if you want to translate from american to british :slight_smile:

1 Like

Locking in model’s choice as [Demonology]/Anarchy/Finesse.

2 Likes

[Finesse]/Discipline/Strength :wink:

1 Like

Got space for a last minute signup?

Been a while since I played, but might as well jump right back into a tourny! I’ll take the winning deck of the last tourny I played on here: [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse

4 Likes

Hey, welcome back, Dreamfire! Good to see you here again.

1 Like

Time to bring back a classic.
[Past]/Peace/Anarchy, let’s go.

1 Like

Good to see you back @Dreamfire !

I’m gonna play Miracle Grow (someone has to XD), @Shadow_Night_Black did you decide if you’re gonna play this one?

@OffKilter still need a deck choice from ya mate, PM or respond here in the next 14 hours please!

2 Likes

[Ninjutsu]/Necromancy/Anarchy is my deck choice :slight_smile:

1 Like

All right everyone, time to kick things off! Late entries will be accepted per the rules in the OP

We have a good and roughly expected balance of starters (minus the usual absence of Green and Blue)

STARTER Num Uses
GREEN STARTER 0
RED STARTER 2
BLACK STARTER 3
BLUE STARTER 0
PURPLE STARTER 2
WHITE STARTER 2
NEUTRAL STARTER 1

A good balance of historically strong decks and new ideas as well. PPA, Nightmare, ASG, and Future/Peace/Necro have all won straight-up tournies before.

Reminder to everyone, if you are P1 in these matchups, you are expected to create a thread in the PbF category with the exact name after the number (e.x. my game title will be [CAMS21] Round1: P1 FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth vs P2 OffKilter [Ninjutsu]/Necromancy/Anarchy)

Enough preamble, here are the week one randomized matchups! GL HF to everyone!

[CAMS21] Round 1

1. [CAMS21] Round1: P1 CarpeGuitarrem MonoRed :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 Nekoatl [Necromancy]/Present/Blood
  2. [CAMS21] Round1: P1 Dreamfire [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 bolyarich [Demonology/Necromancy]/Finesse
  3. [CAMS21] Round1: P1 FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 OffKilter [Ninjutsu]/Necromancy/Anarchy
  4. [CAMS21] Round1: P1 bansa [Finesse]/Discipline/Strength :medal_sports: vs :knockdown: P2 Bomber678 [Past]/Peace/Anarchy
  5. [CAMS21] Round1: P1 charnel_mouse [Demonology]/Anarchy/Finesse :knockdown: vs :medal_sports: P2 zhavier [Future]/Necromancy/Peace
3 Likes

What is ASG?

Miracle Grow.

1 Like

Dreamfire’s deck [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse won a tourney as well. Not sure if there a name for it.

1 Like