News Shop
Events Forums

[Tournament] 19XX Codex Asynchronous Fall Swiss (XCAFS18)

@zhavier I can play my R1 bye against Eric so everyone’s even on matches, if that’d be good?

Good thinking.

Round 1 @EricF will go as player 1 versus @frozenstorm.

1. [XCAFS18] EricF [Feral/Growth]/Finesse vs FrozenStorm [Necro]/Blood/Fire

Before we start round 3, thought I would post the popularity for each spec and starter in this tournament

SPEC Count Percentage
Balance 2 14.29%
Feral 4 28.57%
Growth 5 35.71%
Anarchy 2 14.29%
Blood 5 35.71%
Fire 3 21.43%
Demon 1 7.14%
Disease 0 0.00%
Necro 6 42.86%
Law 1 7.14%
Peace 1 7.14%
Truth 2 14.29%
Past 0 0.00%
Present 3 21.43%
Future 0 0.00%
Discipline 2 14.29%
Ninjutsu 0 0.00%
Strength 0 0.00%
Bashing 0 0.00%
Finesse 5 35.71%
GREEN STARTER 2 14.29%
RED STARTER 3 21.43%
BLACK STARTER 5 35.71%
BLUE STARTER 0 0.00%
PURPLE STARTER 0 0.00%
WHITE STARTER 1 7.14%
NEUTRAL STARTER 3 21.43%

Purple starter falling off hard without peace it seems.

And Strength without Growth.
Lots of Feral Calamandra picks now, though.

You’d think Necro/Blood/Growth or Necro/Blood/Finesse would be a thing, based on this.

Lich’s Bargain + Blooming Ancients could be pretty silly.

Was necro blood growth a fairly established good deck previously? I wonder if people are purposefully moving away from established options because of the format. I would say it took maybe 3 Yomi 19XX’s for the new meta to firm up so I’d probably expect it to take a few tournaments for it to settle.

Necro + Blood and Growth + Necro were apparently established enough to feature in zhavier’s spreadsheet in 2 out of just 4 multicolor Quick Deck selections (along with [Past]/Peace/Anarchy and [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth).

In addition to the spec choices zhavier posted above, I’m kind of curious to know how many Lich’s Bargains have been teched over these first rounds…

ROUND 3!

1. [XCAFS18] Cstick [Necro]/Present/Law vs zhavier [Blood]/Feral/Growth
  2. [XCAFS18] Marto [Necro]/Present/Balance vs CarpeGuitarrem MonoRed
  3. [XCAFS18] codexnewb [Finesse]/Necro/Growth vs thehug0naut [Feral/Growth]/Present
  4. [XCAFS18] charnel_mouse [Finesse]/Balance/Growth vs EricF [Feral/Growth]/Finesse
  5. [XCAFS18] Bomber678 [Necro]/Truth/Blood vs Dreamfire [Discipline]/Feral/Necro
  6. [XCAFS18] Nekoatl [Finesse]/Peace/Truth vs deluks917 MonoRed
  7. [XCAFS18] FrozenStorm [Necro]/Blood/Fire vs witspur [Demon]/Discipline/Finesse

And the undead bloodbath continues.

Growth/Necro/Strength achieved some success, but I don’t think it ever was as inherently powerful as some of the other decks. I think I added it on a whim because it had done well in a tournament while I was making that part of the sheet. The other 3 multicolor were definitely established decks though. I should definitely add to the list other powerful decks that have emerged, but its not really an important to do item.

I promise I’ll post tomorrow, I’m just still on camp for bit

Looks at line up Damn, sad I missed this, lots of really good matchups for mono purple there.

I know, right!? I was sad you weren’t around.

ROUND 4!

1. [XCAFS18] Marto [Necro]/Present/Balance vs Cstick [Necro]/Present/Law
  2. [XCAFS18] EricF [Feral/Growth]/Finesse vs Nekoatl [Finesse]/Peace/Truth
  3. [XCAFS18] zhavier [Blood]/Feral/Growth vs Dreamfire [Discipline]/Feral/Necro
  4. [XCAFS18] codexnewb [Finesse]/Necro/Growth vs FrozenStorm [Necro]/Blood/Fire
  5. [XCAFS18] CarpeGuitarrem MonoRed vs Bomber678 [Necro]/Truth/Blood
  6. [XCAFS18] thehug0naut [Feral/Growth]/Present vs charnel_mouse [Finesse]/Balance/Growth

witspur will get the bye, though if the round 3 match gets adjudicated, he may well get his 3rd loss.

@thehug0naut You are delaying the start of your game.

Apologies for the delay.

Now home and got my turn up. Will be able to play fairly quickly the rest of the week to (hopefully) make up for the delay.

ROUND 5! The field narrows!

1. [XCAFS18] Cstick [Necro]/Present/Law vs EricF [Feral/Growth]/Finesse
  2. [XCAFS18] zhavier [Blood]/Feral/Growth vs Marto [Necro]/Present/Balance
  3. [XCAFS18] FrozenStorm [Necro]/Blood/Fire vs Bomber678 [Necro]/Truth/Blood
  4. [XCAFS18] Nekoatl [Finesse]/Peace/Truth vs codexnewb [Finesse]/Necro/Growth
  5. [XCAFS18] Dreamfire [Discipline]/Feral/Necro vs {the Winner of thehug0naut vs charnel_mouse}