Rules Questions thread

Right, you cannot attack workers directly. It is possible to go below your starting number of workers due to a variety of card effects (Reaver CAN bring someone down to 0 workers, given enough time). If that happens, that players needs to track ther workers some other way, like with a d6.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Very helpful. I just played a 1v1 with Growth. Here are my questions now.

1. Galina Glimmer: Gain ① for every two of your green units. Do token cards like wisps count as “units”?

2. Artisan Mantis: Arrives: Repair 3 damage from a building. Does your base count as a “building”?

1 Like

Yes, all tokens are units. If the token is green, it’s a green unit. (Cards will specify the colour of the token created.)

Yes, your base is a building. As are tech buildings, add-ons and any card you play that says “building”.

3 Likes

They’re Tech 0 units, specfically (no matter how big and mean or small and meek they are, all tokens are Tech 0).

1 Like

Unless they’re imitating something of a higher tech level.

2 Likes

That’s a good question! I’d guess that you can keep attacking and patrolling with this guy, after the one time he’s sidelined by Entangling Vines.

I was with Bomber, CAN’T overrides CAN, but you seem to suggest that the most recent effect takes precedence?

1 Like

In that case you can never attack with Gargoyle right? Like he’s just totally useless.

Isn’t that the whole point of entangling vines though? The unit becomes useless until something takes it out of the game?

I mean even if you don’t play Entangling Vines.

But the question is about whether activating gargoyle while he is entangled lets him attack. Which it should not.

I feel like rules as intended has entangling vines be a permanent effect, whereas gargoyle’s ability specifically overwrites his own innate inability, and nothing more.
Rules as written is a bit unclear though.

2 Likes

Sure I agree.

When I “gain control of a unit” permanentishly, until death do us part, as with Troq’s Final Smash, I get it in exactly the state it’s in as regards exhaustion, arrival fatigue, and such – right? Unless my opponent for some reason didn’t use it at all, I will likely have to ready it on my next upkeep, right?

No, not quite. It always comes with arrival fatigue.
Kidnapping specifically states that the unit you take control of gains haste, so you can use it straight away.
Other things, like Final Smash, Mind Control, Ogre Recruiter and Assimilate do not grant haste, so you can’t exhaust or attack with them until your next turn (or if you give them haste!).

1 Like

Manufactured Truth makes one of your units a copy of a Tech 0 or 1 unit until end of turn. When exactly does the effect end? Specifically, does it end before or after you patrol?

For example, suppose I have a 1/1 Soldier, and my opponent has an Argonaut. I use Manufactured Truth to make my Soldier a copy of the Argonaut. The Soldier attacks the Argonaut and takes 3 damage. Will I get a chance to patrol my fake Argonaut in technician before it turns back into a soldier and dies?

2 Likes

AFAIK, the End of Turn events are still considered part of your turn whereas patrol bonuses are only active during your opponents’ turns. So you won’t draw a card.

Yes, but you don’t get the bonus, as stated above.

This is marginally relevant if you have something or copy something that “can’t patrol”

Can I attack my own units? Like, let’s say I kidnap something I want dead. Can I attack it with something else I control?

You cannot attack your own units. I say this without any specific reference in the rulebook, but I feeel confident :smiley:

2 Likes