Yomi-O's now with 200% more fireballs (v3 wishlist)

I honestly can’t remember. Does Arg’s counter give his opponent a card 100% of the time, or is it only when abilities are played from hand?

Copied directly from the Yomibase page for Arg:

T - Crash and Flow [Reaction]
Counter an ability and that player draws a card. If it was played from hand, put it on the bottom of their deck. (Prevent and undo the ability. You can’t counter Aces, Jokers or character cards.)

1 Like

How did I not know that existed?! Bless @vengefulpickle!

1 Like

I think it was his first contribution to the community, even before volunteering to revive IYL! I helped a bit too, mostly by making some suggestions for improvement and entering data so he would have time to do the real coding.

1 Like

It’s beautiful! :sob:

1 Like

Let one of us know here if there’s any mistakes or if you have ideas for improvement—in the case of the former, I can probably fix it by myself with only a couple minutes of work. I’ve been meaning to get back to it at some point… Apparently I was in the process of adding combo data for the EX characters when I took a break.

1 Like

I think by now you should have more than enough evidence to conclude that I cannot actually read. :wink:

2 Likes

I was going to say, it turns out you were the first one to comment on the topic for it…! :laughing:

How do you play Yomi, a game played on cards with lots of words, when you can neither read nor remember what you’ve read? :thinking: :wink:

2 Likes

A mystery for the ages. :smile:

alt response 1: I play by sense of smell.

alt response 2: valuation > reads

2 Likes

I don’t agree with your views on the value of counter-picking gameplay at all and I would guess that your view is in a very small minority here. That isn’t necessarily a problem in itself, but I wonder has it led, or will it lead, to you talking at cross purposes with other people when discussing balance. That might be something to watch out for.

Regarding fixing Lum’s MU against Arg:

I’m thinking that allowing Lum to draw off the bottom of the deck more often might be the thing. This is probably best done by tweaking Roll The Dice, but it could easily be a part of Jackpot too, although not so easily with the proposed Jackpot change.

Regarding the proposed change to Jackpot, turning over two cards and only drawing on hits: I think I like it, but thinking about this change is tying me in knots. It is both possibly too strong on damage and too weak on card cycling. I’m pretty sure it would be a big change to Lum’s play, so it’s hard to say how it would go.

2 Likes

You fucking meme lord

:heart:

1 Like

I was knocking around ideas for letting lum retrieve 10s from deck(not discard). It’s a complete flavour fail unless it’s based on randomness like @Attilian’s mention of tweaking roll of the dice. I’ll admit to basically knowing nothing about Lum, but countering counters with increased access* to 10s might be a good path? How is lums MUs against other characters with counters?

*This assumes the increased access is small, inconsistent, and still limits him to four per game except Vs Arg

1 Like

I would be honored to talk at cross purposes if it helps save you guys from yourselves.

2 Likes

Sorry, what was the reasoning for the nerf to Gloria’s Q-throw being able to only pump with J/Q/K? That doesn’t seem warranted to me.

I still feel like messing with Jackpot has the potential to be worse than just slightly increasing Lum’s damage off throws. Oni vs DeGrey/Arg isn’t going to be a 4.5 MU just from giving him an extra throw, but it’s a scootch. I’m happy just giving Lum a scootch.

1 Like

Does anyone feel strongly one way or the other about Dreadlands Portal to 25 damage?

I don’t know about “feel strongly” but it seems like a good change to me. Although I realize the reasons why you don’t want Gwen’s aces to be too devastating, I’ve always wondered why it was deemed necessary for Dreadlands Portal to be less efficient than single A in terms of damage per card.

2 Likes

It was probably to increase the possibility of setting up checkmates vs. her to prevent her from being too powerful? That’s just a guess though. She gets checkmated quite a bit, though, so it probably wouldn’t be too bad to give her a little top-up.

3 Likes

Maybe @cpat can provide some additional insight. My understanding was that, during testing, it was felt that Gwen gameplay revolved too much around getting aces and playing throw-super/dodge games for a rushdown character?

Imo, that seems like a pretty good game plan that would allow her to deal just slightly better against her current problem MUs (anyone with a lot of DPs at speed 1 or faster) without altering her MUs against other characters which she can play a more traditional attack/throw range against.

1 Like