With CAWS19 coming to a close, I thought I’d offer to run our experimental spring tournament.
Please sign up by March 19th, and I will have our first round posted Friday, March 20th.
Based on the previous poll, we are looking at random maps applied to each match. You submit a single deck, and each round you will be paired with someone and thrown into one of the 10-ish maps. Everyone will play the same map on any given round, though thats open for debate, could run it completely random, but this can skew the results, as someone really can be put in a no win situation for 3 rounds straight. That said, certain maps are probably going to be removed. Mainly the one removing hero and tech requirements. I am open to suggestions and discussion on maps to remove or include.
Obviously I don’t expect people to signup until the exact maps allowed are decided.
- FLAGSTONE MINES: Players can hire any number of workers per turn.
- BIG GAME HUNTERS: Each player gets an extra [2 gold] during each of their upkeeps.
- HARD TIMES MILL: Workers cost an extra [1 gold] to hire.
- DAGGERFALL PRISON CAMP: Hiring workers doesn’t cost a card. (Track how many workers you have some other way.)
- MYSTICAL FOREST: Whenever you would ready a unit or hero during your turn, you may put a +1/+1 rune on it instead.
- BURIAL GROUNDS: Whenever a hero dies, it’s gone forever this game.
- PINNACLE: Heroes can cast ultimate spells even if they aren’t max level and even if they arrived that turn. Dead heroes must wait an extra turn to be resummoned.
- VORTOSS RUINS: Players can’t build the heroes’ hall or tech lab add-ons, but automatically get their effects.
- BLOODBOWL: All units have +1 ATK and haste.
- LOST TEMPLE: Players ignore all tech building requirements and don’t need heroes to cast spells.
- FURY ROAD: Players can only have one patroller at a time.
- NO RUSH 15 MINUTES: Prevent all damage until after each player has taken 4 turns.
First Round Map shall be…
MYSTICAL FOREST: Whenever you would ready a unit or hero during your turn, you may put a +1/+1 rune on it instead.