Orange County, CA players?

No worries ClanNatioy.

I’m actually not feeling well right now, so rescheduling is preferred; fortunately, seems best for everyone at the moment.

I’m pretty free most weekends, so just chalk me up for any of them in the future and we’ll see who else can make it.

1 Like

Any updates for November? Thanksgiving makes it a bit tough, plus there are Splatoon tournaments going on every weekend online. But, I’d love to play some Codex. (:

This and next weekend are taken for me but I’m pretty sure I could meet up on the 19th. I’ve been itching for some more Codex too.

I could meet up on the 19th. Finally all moved into Fullerton.

19th works for me (barring unforeseen baby eventualities).

Any chance we could nail down a start time? And would someone be willing to contact Dice House and get it on their schedule (perhaps as a “Codex Demo and Meetup”)?

Poking other possible interested parties: @Momi @Tallergeese @TheJTrain @Alhazard @Akasha

I can be there on the 19th anytime is fine

November 19th? I can make some posts about that to try to get more people.

1 Like

Unfortunately I can no longer make it on the 19th :cry:

A home repair job that I thought would only take one weekend is going to be a multi weekend thing :cry: :cry:

Yeah, my 19th is booked as well. Sorry guys. :expressionless:

I can most likely do the19th.

I’m available for the 19th, or a future weekend if that works better.

We currently have:

1. NokiBolas
  2. ARMed_Pirate
  3. Alhazard
  4. Tallergeese
  5. Momi

X. ClanNatoiy [Unavaliable]
X. Akasha [Unavaliable]

I’m willing to contact Dice House and get something on their calendar (as “Codex Demo and Meetup”); what time range would we prefer to try and lock down? Tentatively, 1PM or 2PM start time, and going until we decide to call it as a group (or too many of us have to bow out).

To those on the list above: Please confirm that you’d be willing to make it out there with this turnout - that way we can start to lock in a head count.

To those who are not on the list above: If you’re in the area or willing to head out there, we’d love to have you join us (and if you’d prefer a different date on the calendar, let us know so we can try to arrange it). I’d love to have even more people to play Codex with and against. If you’re reading this and don’t have any cards, would like to try the game, or just try different specs in general - see below.

I’ll be bringing my Deluxe Set of Codex with me; I’m not sure what everyone else’s collection is currently like, but I welcome people to use what I’ve got to try out new specs, combos, and even learn the game.

@Leontes: Appreciate the offer. I’d hold out until we see some more confirmations; if it looks like this is actually going to happen, then would love to try and get even more people at the meetup.

Thanks for taking the lead on this. I’m okay to show up with the head count indicated. I’d prefer starting at 1 or earlier even, because I may have to be somewhere in the afternoon (most likely after 5).

Edit: I’ll bring my Deluxe Set.

Thanks, @Momi !

I’m still good for the 19th. 1pm would be great, and decent odds a friend will join me.

I have the Starter and Core, and I have yet to play the full 3-character game (though I’ve lurked and read a ton on these forums). So I’m mostly interested in playing the full game (probably as Green or Red, those being the decks I’m most familiar with), but I’d love to try out Demon, Strength, Ninjutsu, or Purple.

This saturday, nov 19th, I can come around 1 or 2 with my deluxe set!

I called Dice House Games; they didn’t allow me to reserve table space, but they did say that there’s usually a solid amount of space open during their free hours, so we ought to be fine - however, they have a Magic: The Gathering event beginning at 6PM, at that point they’ll need all their table space; if we want to continue playing, we’ll find somewhere nearby.

Additionally, with regards to an event, they said that they need a 1-2 week lead time to pencil something in on their calandar; this time around, it’ll just be word of mouth if we want to get any additional players involved. If this goes successfully and we end up being interested in a future event, we can try to plan it a little further in advance, and set up an event at Dice House Games to possibly drum up some additional interest.

@Leontes If you’d still like to try to make a few posts and try to get some additional people, we’d definitely appreciate it. Always looking to make new friends and meet people to play games with.

Short version: We’re good to go. Start time is currently set at 1PM, with relocation needed if we stay past 6PM. I’ll likely end up arriving a little early, so if you get there a little earlier than expected, you’ll have someone to hang out with (look for a table with the Codex box on it. :stuck_out_tongue: ).

The current list is:

Dice House Games, Fullerton - [Codex] 1PM through ?PM, relocating if we stay past 6PM
2493 E Chapman Ave, Fullerton, CA 92831
@NikoBolas: Confirmed
@ARMed_PIrate: Confirmed
@Tallergeese: Confirmed
@Momi: Confirmed

@Alhazard: Un-confirmed - would love to have you if you’re still interested and able to make it…

X. @ClanNatioy ClanNatoiy [Unavaliable], perhaps next time.
X. @Akasha Akasha [Unavaliable], perhaps next time.

See you guys there!

3 Likes

i will be there

If you came early, Dice House Games is now open.

One of their employees was sick and had to have another drive out to fill in.

I’m running a little late, should be there in 30 minutes.

I’d like to thank everyone for coming out tonight, I’d say it was a huge success.

Highlights include:

1. 3-way FFA game with (Mono-red, Mono-white, [Blood]/Demonology/Strength):
  • Two seperate Rooks, each threatening Earthquakes on everyone
  • Rickety Mines
  • Steam Tanks
  • Double Pirate Gunships in play by a single player; the game was effectively 2v1 at that point, and the player with the Gunships managing to do serious damage and nearly eeking out a win.
  1. An hour+20 minute match between [Law]/Disease/Ninjutsu and [Blood]/Demonology/Strength; Law managed to eventually emerge victorious, but it was a hard fought battle with many twists and turns. Came down to a few lucky/unlucky draws and a few good/bad tech choices on both sides - not a sweep by any means.
  2. A Mono-Purple deck managing to hold their ground and grind Mono-Blue into submission, using primarily T0/T1 units (Stewardess+tons of Forecast) against Blue’s T2+.

It was a blast, and I’m glad the people that could make it out today showed up; it was a pleasure meeting each of you.

Would love to start the process of getting something in the works for the future; if you weren’t able to make it this time, hopefully you’ll be able to next time!

4 Likes

an earthquake has to pick a single opponent, so maybe not totally OP. Still awesome though.