IYL8 - Flagstone - Match Reports

Truer words have never been written in this godforsaken forum.

5 Likes

flagrantangles wins 3-1 vs @JHSnacks
:quince::psfist::pschip::geiger:
:quince::pschip::psfist::geiger:

It turns out that propaganda and funhouse mirrors can defeat a time witch!

I would like to point out that in the 3rd game, I definitely revealed K-spin 3 times and then lied into 67Q++, 67Q++, and then raw Q for the win. That felt pretty solid.

8 Likes

disgusting, absolutely disgusting

5 Likes

Okay thank you

7 Likes

What are you even talking about? That was the most righteous endgame that could ever be played.

4 Likes

Root for Rook players (like me). Rook has no dodges so thereā€™s no cheap tricks. Only rocks.

5 Likes

Rook earns every win. Makes him exciting to play

2 Likes

JHSnacks wins 3-2 vs @Rinzler

edited because I didnā€™t remember correctly

I think it went like:
:geiger: :pscrash: :pschip: :rook:
:geiger: :pschip: :pscrash: :rook:
:geiger: :pschip: :pscrash: :rook:

I think a summary will do better than a breakdown here. Rinzler easily outdid me in the opening gambits. Almost always getting a K throw or other reward. Notably, Rinzler did first turn Gold Burst and it worked because I was trying to poke the K throw! Other highlights include Rinzler using Gold Burst on Cycloid Revolution and successfully transferring aces. There was only one successful CMB if memory serves. Because of all of the successful opening hands from Rinzler, I was playing from behind for most of the set. In the end I was able to collect myself and build up a reasonably sized hand game 5. Thanks to TD, I was able to do a 56 damage TD combo and just BARELY eek out the damage to win.

GGs Rinzler! Iā€™m going to lie down now. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I see you failed to mention that Game 4 opened with a Rook Gold Burst on turn 1 and Game 5 had a Rook GB on turn 2.

4 Likes

I won games 2 and 3, you won games 4 and 5.

You avoided the CMB in games 4 and 5 as well!

Game 5 started for me as follows:
K, gold burst, Stonewall into AA, and entangling vines into an attack, which set you at a comfortable 50 HP remaining. I thought it was destiny that I would draw the 4th Ace (I started with one), and then I would have the CMB to perfect. You blocked, but I did not draw the Ace.

I got CMB later, didnā€™t land it, and then that 56 damage combo a few turns later sure did do me in. Great games! Very very fun.

4 Likes

Fluffy 3-2 @Knifight

:setsuki::psfist::pschip::vendetta:
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::vendetta:
:valerie::psfist::pschip::vendetta:
:valerie::pschip::psfist::vendetta:
:valerie::psfist::pschip::vendetta:

GGs!

7 Likes

Me vs. GutterOwl

I won 3-1

:chibivendetta: :pschip: :psfist: :chibidegrey:
:chibivendetta: :psfist: :pschip: :chibidegrey:
:chibivendetta: :psfist: :pschip: :chibipersephone:
:chibivendetta: :psfist: :pschip: :chibipersephone:

As with most games of Yomi, all of these games were just a combat win or two away from going the other way. I notably did not get hit by a single Point/Counterpoint or Mistress Command though. Praise be to Vendetta.

8 Likes

Week 5 - Ginorm v. @flagrantangles

:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :quince:

Basically it was a whirlwind affair with bodies flying, dictators talking, positives being spun, a dragon running a muck, and the governed being consented. It was chaos. Seriously though Flagstone you all need to study this MU cause this Quince will talk you to death!

Iā€™ll post a video review a bit later in the Video thread most likely sometime tomorrow. Itā€™s a little hard to do a rundown now because the amount of decisions to be made was staggering as always is the case playing against Quince and I canā€™t remember anything that happened. So much spinning.

Anyways GGs to @flagrantangles and good luck the rest of the way!

8 Likes

Me vs. variable

I win 3-1

:chibivendetta: :pschip: :psfist: :chibigloria:
:chibimenelker: :psfist: :pschip: :chibigloria:
:chibimenelker: :psfist: :pschip: :chibigrave:
:chibimenelker: :psfist: :pschip: :chibigrave:

The first game Made me glad Iā€™m practicing social distancing because I would have punched my neighbor in the taint. I had a huge life lead and variable was at 0 cards and I even managed to block the top deck joker off a KD, and I still lost. Lucked into a g2 win with a raw DSD with 10 life left and then got anti-counterpicked by grave and still barely won both games from single digit life totals (the last game was single digit deck totals as well). Is it weird that Menelker is my Gloria counterpick but Gloria is my Menelker counterpick? Donā€™t @ me

6 Likes

GGs & good luck in the rest of IYL, @Niijima-san! I think youā€™re going to be tough to defeat for a lot of players. Also, you are somebody!

3 Likes

gutterowl 3-2 vs @SouthpawHare

pretty straightforward set

perse < rook: got read like a book
perse > rook: made good calls, took the stock
perse < degrey: three hits, all it took
perse > degrey: a true checkmate lock
perse > gwen: and the ringerā€™s called inā€¦but iā€™ve built up an immunity to iocane gwen.

ggs southpaw. good luck in the rest of the set

9 Likes

GingiviTUSKS v. @Knifight
3-2
GINGI WINS!!!

:lum: :pschip: :psfist: :vendetta:
Yea I play Lumā€¦ but like, not really. I only did it because I thought knife wouldnā€™t expect it. But it didnā€™t work and he kicked my bumā€¦ that darn timer through me off. we both succeeded with raw supers but his did more damage, and I lost
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :vendetta:
This is the classic Gingi v. Knife matchup. These are our favorite characters, weā€™ve done it dozens of times. Heā€™s kicked my bum, Iā€™ve kicked his. This time I got a solid early lead, then he pulled off a raw super against me but I still finished him off. Fun game!!!
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:
I got in Knifeā€™s head a little here. His Jaina is scary because he plays it so differently than most, but pulled off a win because he lost track of how many Aces we had (we were kinda drinkinā€¦) and we had an A clash which gave me the win.
:rook: :pschip: :psfist: :persephone:
I hate fighting perse, and Knife knows it, so he chose to end with her, and I got my buns beat. CMB fell victim to OYK and then I cried for a while and lost.
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone:
I rarely play Oni, but I like him, so figured it would be a good way to mess with Knifeā€™s head. It worked! I stayed a step ahead of him and pulled off a FA victory. Feels dirty, but it worked.

GGs! My good friend. I had such a good time and I hope you get to the finals, as you deserve it more than me.

<3 Gingi

7 Likes

IYL 8 - Ginrom v Rinzler

Ginorm wins 3-1
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :rook:

Always a fun series to go grappler v grappler. Ended up being a heavy attacking affair though. Each other trying to duff throws and outspeeding options. In the end the Dragon got the better of the Mountain this time (eh, eh, Dragon Mountain get it?)

Good games @Rinzler and good luck to you the rest of the way!

8 Likes

GingiviTUSKS v. @Fluffiness
3-0
Gingi wins!

I started off with a decent lead (blocking a first turn MC, like the coward I am). Fluff was making a pretty good comeback and even got rid of my FA with a later MC but I dodged into a win.
I switched up my playing a little bit and caught a throw with big boy 10. I still lost my only FA to MC but if you draw enough Queens and throw in some AA who needs it.
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
The dreaded Oni matchup. I spent the first few turns thinking about who Iā€™d counterpick, predicting a loss. But my cross up of Throwni Oni/ Dodge/ Q gave me a decisive victory.

GGs!

4 Likes

havenā€™t been able to get in touch with @feebee for our match, and it doesnā€™t look like theyā€™ve played in a while. do we have another drop?

1 Like