Youtube videos?

Anyone can link me a pbf match where every turn, there are “thoughts” or comments posted by the players? I"ll try to make a video of a codex match with turn by turn analysis by the players themsleves, maybe using images and powerpoint :psyduck: displaying the board state along with sidenotes.

2 Likes

Good lord it takes forever to make videos with commentary after the fact. An hour to record the commentary, an hour for Movie Maker to combine the video and commentary, probably an hour or two to upload the video to YouTube, maybe half an hour to edit the gaps out of the video, then another two hours for the video to re-process. And that’s without cards being shown on the screen. Good thing I’ve got a lot of vacation time coming up in December!

4 Likes

Your last post in this thread was FIVE days ago, what have you been doing with your time?

Seriously though, looking forward to seeing them.

I just recorded the Codex matches yesterday. The backlog I’m talking about is all Yomi matches. :cry:

1 Like

Okay, finally got to make the last necessary edits to take a bit of dead air out of the video, so now YouTube just has to process it again, and it’ll be available for viewing! So uh, tomorrow morning at the very latest! Hopefully tonight tho!

6 Likes

Oh hey what’s up?

5 Likes

Nice, but there is background air noise when you talk. Consider recording your comments in a smaller room and try to hang out on walls clothes (nails in the wall, hangout tshirts) if you do not have some fancy nosound foam. It will help to absorb backnoise.

It’s my laptop fan, which is pretty close to my mic. I’ll try to do some positioning stuff to minimize, but I’ve never been able to get rid of it entirely. Any tips on how to do so from people who know about recording would be helpful! Note that I basically just use OBS and Movie Maker to create my videos, so a cheap solution is key.

I recently rewatched your “Getting Good at Yomi” videos, and in the first video I didn’t notice that sound because you had background music. Obviously if you can eliminate it that’s ideal, but I think having some music that’s just loud enough to eliminate the sound without drowning out your voice seems like a good idea.

1 Like

Good idea, but unlikely to happen - music gets added before I edit, which is why I stopped doing it.

You can go into power/fan settings and turn it off while recording. Prop up your laptop on something so it doesn’t overheat.

thanks @mysticjuicer for the video. more please

1 Like

I’ll be honest this scares me too much to try. :stuck_out_tongue:

edit for additional facts: my laptop is 7 years old

2 Likes

If it breaks then that’s a good excuse to get a new one right?

The video is good though, I don’t really hear any extra noise. It’s certainly watchable the way it is.

1 Like

The parts for my desktop are being delivered as we speak. …but I want to use this laptop for travelling with. …and also break the ten year mark! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just finished commentating my game as White vs @ap49 as Blue. Commentary went much more smoothly this time, and I hope I minimized the amount of fan noise. Video should be up on Sunday evening, as it’s going to take basically a whole day to upload to YouTube.

7 Likes

mysticjuicer (White) vs ap49 (Blue)

8 Likes

On Blue player’s last turn, he brings out a second hero, but he shouldn’t be able to do that with no tech building and no Heroes Hall. Not that it mattered for the outcome. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Good commentary, but sooo many small errors on both sides:

Blue should have patrolled Oni in squad lead T1, or played a 1-drop instead of the 2-drop (maybe he didn’t draw one?)
Fox Primus should patrol in Elite. Whitr has Snapback to punish an early arrest + level up + kill Rook (which requires a worker skip)
Newsman should name 2 (as noted), and the bird not patrol, or he could name 0 to block Grappling Hook, if rrally worried about rook going midband-bypass-kill oni.

3 Likes

That lets me kill Oni with either Grappling Hook or Sensei’s Advice though, both of which I would probably be happy to take.

1 Like