Youtube videos?

Good idea, but unlikely to happen - music gets added before I edit, which is why I stopped doing it.

You can go into power/fan settings and turn it off while recording. Prop up your laptop on something so it doesn’t overheat.

thanks @mysticjuicer for the video. more please

1 Like

I’ll be honest this scares me too much to try. :stuck_out_tongue:

edit for additional facts: my laptop is 7 years old

2 Likes

If it breaks then that’s a good excuse to get a new one right?

The video is good though, I don’t really hear any extra noise. It’s certainly watchable the way it is.

1 Like

The parts for my desktop are being delivered as we speak. …but I want to use this laptop for travelling with. …and also break the ten year mark! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just finished commentating my game as White vs @ap49 as Blue. Commentary went much more smoothly this time, and I hope I minimized the amount of fan noise. Video should be up on Sunday evening, as it’s going to take basically a whole day to upload to YouTube.

7 Likes

mysticjuicer (White) vs ap49 (Blue)

8 Likes

On Blue player’s last turn, he brings out a second hero, but he shouldn’t be able to do that with no tech building and no Heroes Hall. Not that it mattered for the outcome. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Good commentary, but sooo many small errors on both sides:

Blue should have patrolled Oni in squad lead T1, or played a 1-drop instead of the 2-drop (maybe he didn’t draw one?)
Fox Primus should patrol in Elite. Whitr has Snapback to punish an early arrest + level up + kill Rook (which requires a worker skip)
Newsman should name 2 (as noted), and the bird not patrol, or he could name 0 to block Grappling Hook, if rrally worried about rook going midband-bypass-kill oni.

3 Likes

That lets me kill Oni with either Grappling Hook or Sensei’s Advice though, both of which I would probably be happy to take.

1 Like

Ah. My bad.

This game overall wasn’t one of my finer matches.

Poor starting hand, lost tempo, mis-plays and poor teching decisions all lead to my downfall.

But I shouldn’t take anything away from @mysticjuicer play. A worthy opponent indeed. Can’t wait for a rematch.

Hopefully the video of my game against @UTRALAW will make up for it (once it’s up of course).

4 Likes

Definitely will! It got a little darker than the others, because it was pretty late at that point, but it’ll be interesting to try my hand at commentating something where I wasn’t a part of it, so will have to infer what people are doing/thinking.

2 Likes

I was able to watch the video last night, and I appreciate hearing your thoughts on strategy. The timing was especially good because I’m now playing a game as White on the forums, so I’m trying to remember some of of your advice as I take my turns.

One thing I’ve noticed is that you sometimes take a few seconds to look up what the names and stats are for some cards (and in the Red vs Green video you consistently used the wrong name for Merfolk Prospector). I’m not sure what you could really do to smooth that out except skim over the video once before commentating and seeing what cards get teched and played beforehand.

Obviously you’ll get better at this as you make more of these videos, and maybe it’ll be easier still once the Tabletopia version is available, but I just wanted to let you know how great it is to have these videos! :smile:

2 Likes

Haha! Keep in mind that, to this day, after playing Yomi competitively for two years, I still often forget the names of Yomi moves. I’ll definitely get better at it, but you will forever find moments of me calling something the completely wrong thing. Fair warning. :smile: Glad you’re finding the videos helpful!

1 Like

[quote=“mysticjuicer, post:75, topic:1332”]
I still often forget the names of Yomi moves.[/quote]
like that stone guy’s trademark move, “Castle Crashers”

7 Likes

THERE’S A STONE GUY?! Man I really have been out of the loop! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I like the purple guy’s “adequate destruction”

5 Likes
  1. Australian accents are awesome, yours is no exception
  2. You did a great job going over everything, holding the cards up, moving the mic, etc. This is awesome!
  3. Agree with suggestions for improvement to add your own thoughts, and overlay the cards w/ editing tools if possible
2 Likes

While we’re piling on “misplays” (which make no mistake, I do a ton in live games b/c I’m so used to having hours to consider moves on the forums), @ap49’s turn 4 as Blue, he Man Truth’s his Newsman to be Sparring Partner: should have sparred with Oni there. Would have kept oni and the Newsman alive easier

2 Likes