He really grinds my gears.
Why’s that? I thought you were a fan of his Brofist Hurricane?
I don’t know about MJ, but he really pushes my buttons.
[Post must be at least 10 characters]
Zqxx v @tcby
(1. Get Bubble Shield up; 2. Keep it up; 3. Profit.)
(Rinse and repeat.)
(The VERY unexpected mirror! He takes the lead at the beginning and it seemed like he was about to run with it to a victory. However, then I remembered my strategy from games 1 and 2 and it all turned around.)
Good games! There was a LOT of lag on the server all throughout, though, which was definitely not conducive to optimal play. Perhaps something to look into?
If you ever need to brush up on unknown characters you can have a look at these guides:
hopefully they will be of some use to you.
Twenty-Seven 3 - 2 @HarryBModest
First of all, this match was actual hell to play due to the horrible lag. Just about every action took like 10-15 seconds to actually go through. Powering up or using Two Truths took ages. Timers running out made us botch a lot of things (like leaving me at 1 hp instead of playing the obvious lethal in game 2, and me ending up with a 1-card pile with Two Truths) even though we were playing as fast as we could, so we turned off the timer after game 2.
After that it was all honest (but very slow) games, and Harry did pretty well! I was scared for a while as he kept being right and shutting me down, but I got some brutal spin cycles going and used my secret weapon, the Secretely Horrible Unloseable Combat near the end to accelerate towards the end.
Can I use an Offical Review on this?
I am a witness.
Why would you doubt Quince’s honesty?
It’s not Quince I’m doubting. It’s the honesty of those who follow him, yet do not have the skill to be completely honest at all times.
I was honest most of the time!!
Leontes vs. Thelo, Week 1 Flagstone City
Leontes wins 3-2!
Super tense set as always. Feels good to take one off the champ. That BBB is something else, man.
My Zane counterpicks haven’t been working out, lately. I’m thinking I might want to actually stick with BBB in some disadvantage matchups, just because empirically I’m doing worse after counterpicking.
Niijima-san vs. Leontes
Zane => Setsuki
Zane => Troq
Zane => Troq
Honorable combat concluded.
Hobusu vs @Fusxfaranto
I really enjoyed these games! Part of it was because of exploring new matchups (my only experience against Zane was a single game as DeGrey in a casual game specifically in case I had to deal with that MU, and while I’ve played against some friends who tried out Midori, I don’t think I’ve ever used DeGrey against him). Good games!
Shoutouts to @Twenty-Seven, who spectated, provided entertaining commentary, and gave me some advice afterwards.
flagrantangles wins 3-1 vs @UTRALAW
- Close but no cigar for me. I was able to establish a pretty respectable lead by lying during K-Spin but eventually Valerie just chopped me in the solar plexus and I wasn’t quite able to close things out.
- Persephone things. I think this CP was unexpected and this match went quite well for me.
- UTRALAW switched up how he plays and things are quite a bit more tense on my end. In the end, I land a Mistress’s Command and decide to throw a BoS and then I realized I can tack on a 5 into J++ to leave Val at 3 health and me with a Q and Joker in hand. I topdeck a 3 and play the Queen anyway. I run into a 7 throw and win!
- UTRALAW slaps me around for quite a while but I am able to get some sputtering vortex action and that helps me maintain my hand quality. It was also helpful that he spent his jokers early so I could threaten Mistress’s Command without necessarily using it.
It turns out that sadism suits me just fine! Also, vortices. For the most part, I didn’t quite succeed at maintaining the vortex for any long period of time, but I was able to generally make sure I had the options I needed in hand in order to threaten and pressure my opponent so it worked out just fine, methinks. Also, playing Persephone in Survival mode has been oddly helpful because I used to get super focused on maintaining the vortex but now I’m more aware of certain times where you can just go for lethal and close out the game.
Anywho, GGs UTRALAW!
@Jadiel wins 3-0 vs MyDrothers
Many thanks to @mydrothers for bearing through my complete noobness (I played my first game of online Yomi! Achievement unlocked!)
I think I got very lucky - beginner’s luck ftw!
nerf beginners luck imo. Recent purchase boost shouldn’t be in the game and just messes up the balance. This isn’t supposed to be pay-to-win ffs.