[Yomi Tournament] IYL 5

Morningstar Sanctuary:
FaceOnMars wins 3 - 0 vs variable

:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie:

I remember playing @variable last year and he beat me soundly. I was happy to have the opportunity to return the favor this year. Thanks for a fun set!

8 Likes

Thanks for the beatdown! I am serious! I was outplayed the majority of this set, and I wish ye good luck throughout the rest of the tournament! :smile_cat:

6 Likes

I’ve been noticing some timezone-related scheduling issues (especially around daylight savings time).

I found a feature in WorldTimeBuddy that I think might help, so I’m going to lay out how to use it:

1. Add your home timezone (if it’s not added already) [1], or click the :house: button for your home [2]

2. Check that the listed time [3] matches what you think the time is right now to make sure you aren’t running into WTB daylight savings shenanigans (we want to save those for Zane).

3. Use the calendar to pick the day you want to schedule. [4]

4. Click and drag to select the time range you want. [5]

5. Click the “Event” link to make an easy-to-share event [6]

6. Edit the title of the event if you want [7]

7. Get your short link to share! [8], [9]

EDIT: Also, if you like the IYL calendar and the IYL twitter account tweeting out matches, making these events will make it much easier for me to keep that accurate and up to date.

12 Likes

I’ve been impressed with how much you’re pulling off for being such a new member. Keep up the good work. It’s appreciated! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

:slight_smile: Thanks!

2 Likes

Close as hell match with @MR75! He was guarded against throws all the way through, and it hurt so bad when Beast Unleashed got jokered. Thanks for the fun match!

Troq < Gwen
Troq > Gwen
Troq < Grave
Troq > Grave
Troq > Grave

Ms. Stress wins 3 - 2 vs @MR75

9 Likes

You’re mixing Grave and DeGrey again.

2 Likes

thanks bro :laughing:

4 Likes

Zejety vs. @ThreeHeadedMonkey in Pandalands
:gwen::knockdown::psfist::valerie: I think I did pretty well despite how much I dislike this MU from the Gwen side. But it was not enough. 3HM is not scared to throw.
:argagarg::psfist::knockdown::valerie: I think I adjusted well to the throw-heavy range and threw out a lot of pokes, including BFSs.
:argagarg::psfist::knockdown::zane: Exciting back and forth. Maybe got a little too ballsy when I played a BS on KD (it lost) but I managed to secure the game anyway.
:argagarg::psfist::knockdown::gloria: An unconventional counterpick if @CocktailsCOmic is to be believed. Notably the only match that saw a successful Bubble Shield.

Final score is 3-1 in my favor.

GGs and thanks to the spectators!

9 Likes

@Zejety

GGs well played! I definitely did get throw heavy. You punished nicely with Arg’s AA which I should have seen coming more often. I should have adjusted to dodge a bit more!

Well played. I picked Gloria as I thought that she has the advantage in that match-up. Probably should have stuck with Zane as he does too, I know him better and that third game was pretty close.

WP!

4 Likes

Morningstar Sanctuary
@mysticjuicer 3-0 over MyDrothers
:troq: :psfist::knockdown::chibirook: very close first game
:troq: :psfist::knockdown::chibirook: slightly less close second game
:troq: :psfist::knockdown::chibirook: MysticJuicer perfected me :psyduck:

8 Likes

That first game had me seriously sweating.

ggs and good luck in the rest of the event!

5 Likes

Pandalands
SharpObject 2 - 3 ClanNatioy

:geiger: > :bbb:
:geiger: > :bbb:
:geiger: < :bbb:
:gloria: < :bbb:
:gloria: < :bbb:

very tense set, except for that second Geiger win, great stuff. Really glad I ignored my impulse to switch to Grave after the first two losses, all hail BBB the worlds favorite robot (eat it wall-e).

9 Likes

The Dreadlands Round 1

@Attilian vs @BD_Corro

BD Corro wins 3-2

:troq::psfist::pschip::geiger: - I get the carousal counterpick right off the bat and immediately proceed to lose… badly
:troq::pschip::psfist::geiger: - I land a decent TD combo half way through this game and then after a bunch of reserved play from both sides I try to get grabby and eat 2 eagle totems to the face and almost die before I close it out
:zane::pschip::psfist::geiger: - I get a juicy TD combo into a knockdown this time and go for an unblockable 7 which ends up outspeeding a wake-up 9 attack to close it out
:zane::psfist::pschip::geiger: - Attilian’s dodges and throws are on point this time and he lands a bunch of aces, very convincing game
:zane::pschip::psfist::setsuki: - Navigate some pretty weird early hands this game such as 2 jokers in my first hand, luckily Attilian walk into some Qs which makes it easier than it could have been, closed it out with dodge into triple Ace as Attilian got too scared of the throw and pressed a button

GGs, fun set and I feel like the games that Attilian won were far more convincing than the ones that I won

7 Likes

Me versus UTRALAW! Please enjoy.

7 Likes

@Shax vs @snoc, Dreadlands round 1

:setsuki::psfist: :pschip: :valerie:
:setsuki::psfist: :pschip: :valerie:
:setsuki::psfist: :pschip: :zane:

snoc wins 3-0

GGs Shax! I’m sorry I didn’t want to play Lum or Gloria into Persephone, I don’t particularly enjoy playing Setsuki compared to those two. But I feel like the risk of losing control of a hand is too big with those two. Good luck in the rest of the tournament!

EDIT: fwiw, my challonge username is “flipcons”, no idea who got “snoc” before me but it’s presumably someone who has no idea why they’ve been requested to join some random tourney.

edit again to try and make the youtube embed properly

8 Likes

Ah! Well, I resent the invite to you as flipcons.

3 Likes

Me vs @Jadiel
2-3
I think this is how it went
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:zane: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:

3 Likes

Phrawger vs Fluffiness, Morningstar Sanctuary
Fluffiness Wins
1 - 3
:lum: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:
:rook: :pschip: :psfist: :bbb:
:lum: :pschip: :psfist: :bbb:

GGS. Rook vs BBB was the most fun I’ve had in that matchup.

9 Likes

Me vs Phrawger was so stressful.

In my two Zane games, I had to threaten MA with only 3 aces in hand. He feel for it game 1 and died to throw spam. Also, I C&Ded a hand with 3 10s, a Joker, and 2 Aces. He never recovered.

In game 2, he respected the MA too, but I had no throws, so it made no difference either way, and I died to Stone Wall.

I counterpicked Rook with BBB. That started about how you would expect, with BBB getting a huge lead. He Rock Armored back close and brought me down to 28 hp before going back to range and eating 2 Qs. I flubbed the Overdrived J/Q mixup for lethal, and rammed AA into SW. I then Kinged his next SW for lethal.

Game 4 was just a stomp. As soon as I saw him reveal K and 3 in neutral, I knew his hand sucked. Overdrive J-Q++ into Robo Headbutt sealed the deal.

GGs @Phrawger. Sadly you had no chance vs a real frog.

10 Likes