[Yomi Tournament] IYL 5

I sense some bias from @cpat, considering he’s only given playoff pictures for the Flagstone Division. What about the rest of us, mang?

1 Like

I just realized you can derive the win % directly from challonge using the PTS value for wins, and PTS - PTS DIFFERENTIAL to determine losses. So win % = PTS / (PTS + PTS DIFFERENTIAL). Saves a bit of time compared to using the google spreadsheet.

4 Likes

cpat doesn’t love you as much

2 Likes

I will do the last two divisions when most of you guys have only one match left. Too many branching paths with almost all of you at two games to go.

IYL5 Morningstar Sanctuary
FaceOnMars vs. MyDrothers
FaceOnMars wins 3-2

:lum: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:
:lum: :pschip: :psfist: :jaina:
:lum: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:
:lum: :pschip: :psfist: :jaina:
:lum: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:

Very fun set. We both represented the bottom end of Morningstar Sanctuary very well. Good Games. Look forward to playing you again in future tournaments.

Quote: “Desperation is not an alluring perfume”… IamNobody.
Yes, I will be using this phrase whenever it pleases me.

7 Likes

Corro vs Attilian 3-2

All matches were :chibionimaru: vs :chibilum:

The first two matches were very commanding wins from Attilian, both of them very close to perfects if I remember correctly. I grinded my way back after a very tough beginning for the 3 match and, against my own expectations, ended winning the set. The games were tense, close, and very contested. Nice fights!

4 Likes

The ACTUAL quote, as IamNobody told me, is “Desperation is a stinky cologne, my friend”.

2 Likes

You sound better paraphrased.

6 Likes

Flagstone City

Leontes vs. Floofiness

:midori::knockdown::psfist::bbb: Came down to last reveal. She had just powered up for Aces and I had a dodge in my hand… but I dQ’d into AA anyway. Really gotta stop doing that lmao

:grave::psfist::knockdown::bbb: Starts out rough (t1 range, Junkshot, Junkshot, Dodge my Q into Junkshot…) but I find a way to get some damage in and close it out in the end.

:grave::psfist::knockdown::zane: Ah! This is actually the reason I picked up :grave:; to fight off the “Raziek range” of :zane::bbb:! Lots of mean things :grave: gets to do here involving Martial Mastery and TPoS. i do them, and win

:grave::psfist::knockdown::zane: Heartbreaker ending! Floof accidentally played Slipstream when she meant to MA! She wanted to concede but I told her not to. Health totals were 68-23 and my Q would have clashed, so I stated that “the game is now 18-13” and pledged to concede myself if I had gone below 50 HP as long as she doesn’t play her Aces. She went to very low hand with that MA though, so my Martial Mastery spotted a hand of 2Q*. I threw the block, she facedowned the Joker, and I passed to keep her :knockdown:. So then I played a 3 poke to catch her topdeck (it was a 7) so I ended up with the checkmate poke after successfully grabbing the 2 Block.

So in the end, all was just and I won the set legit with a mega brave Throw. But there is a lot to be said about being emotionally checked out after making an execution error like that late in the set so I can’t say that it didn’t affect the outcome of the match in some way.

Great games, @Flooffiness! That :bbb: is pretty terrifying! Work on converting your :zane: hands to better damage to have a better midgame. Your MA timings were solid each game, I managed to block one but both games came down to the wire.

8 Likes

Also, now that my matches are completed, we can see that Challonge! correctly places @Niijima-san in 1st place currently, with myself at 2nd due to the tiebreaker. It’s all up to @Copper8642 now, haha!

2 Likes

Zejety beats @sharpobject 3-1 in the Battle of the Twins
:gwen::psfist::knockdown::gloria: Sharpo won a billion combats and I would have easily lost if he had had an Ace during that time. It still looked bad until the very end when I sniped Gloria with a surprise Dreadlands Portal.
:gwen::psfist::knockdown::gloria: A more conventional game. Though nothing big, I got in several moderate hits. To be fair, I’ve started with this hand :open_mouth:
:gwen::knockdown::psfist::gloria: An even match though sharpo pulled ahead towards the end. Was happy when I hit with a throw and didn’t realize I had a lethal combo in hand. Deservedly lost shortly afterwards.
:gwen::psfist::knockdown::gloria: An other even match. I think if I had not won that turn I would have overdosed to death?

Sharpo claims he did not draw a single Joker over 150 cards which is extra harsh against Gwen. :frowning:

GGs!

7 Likes

I think I only drew like 120 cards but overall I am very sad. Maybe I should have tried winning combat!

ggs!

3 Likes

I think I lost the 700+ million powerball jackpot because of my association with you. That type of bad luck is bound to be contagious. I had a one in 292 million chance. The odds were on my side. Dammit!

4 Likes

I’ll attribute much of my success with BBB to a large reduction in try hards and many people’s lack of familiarity in fighting against BBB.

1 Like

Jadiel beats @Fluffiness 3-1 in Morning Sanctuary

:degrey::psfist::pschip::lum:
:degrey::pschip::psfist::vendetta:
:degrey::psfist::pschip::vendetta:
:degrey::psfist::pschip::menelker:

I think almost all of the games were very close (except maybe the one where I lost) - thanks for the set!

Thanks to everyone for making my first Yomi tournament experience a great one! Best of luck to everyone heading into the knockouts :slight_smile:

8 Likes

If I accidentally sent out a match conversation that you have already done, please ignore it! Sleepy TOS make silly mistakes. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

MR vs Ivan - 1 : 3
:grave::pschip::psfist::geiger: - got Geiger by random
:menelker::pschip::psfist::geiger: - made 72dmg via TD!!!
:grave::psfist::pschip::geiger: - ate TPoS and almost managed to catch up /ALMOST/.
:grave::pschip::psfist::geiger: - nothing special, just some good % of combat wins.
Thank you @MR75 for the great set. All matches were prety close and fun.

4 Likes

I haven’t gotten any word from IYL in a while has round 11 started yet?

One player in Morningstar Sanctuary dropped, and he was your opponent in round 11. So you got a bye in that round.

As @Jadiel said, you had a bye in Round 11. Also, not every division had the same number of rounds. Morning Star Sanctuary has already completed, but we are still wrapping up the last rounds of some other divisions before moving on to the final part of the tournament!

3 Likes