Stand by for ReportFall!
International Yomi League
Dreadlands Division, Weeks 12 & FINAL
Mystic Deadman vs. @Corroyeur, @MR75
MD 1-3 Corroyeur
MD 2-3 MR75
And with that, my season comes to an end. My win pct. is slightly lower than last year thanks to an extra week in the season, but I had a great time against everyone regardless. Good luck to everyone who’s entering the Postseason, and now it’s time for the Internet’s Eternal Phenomenon to look forward to 19XX and Lum’s Lucky Lottery.
EDIT: I spoke too soon about my win pct. as it seems as though I managed to finish with the exact same pct. as I did last season. So apparently I’m nothing if not consistent!
Dreadlands Round 12
@BD_Corro vs @thehug0naut
BD Corro wins 3-2
- Pretty dominant game
- I forgot to free up old replays and I can’t remember this match very well, either way I got bopped
- Hug0naught got a really good early lead this game, managing to duff a bunch of throws but I got 3 silent aces. I powered up for the final ace and then immediately blocked with 4 to make it look like MA wasn’t real. I then immediately mashed MA. It caught a throw and brought me back into the game. Eventually it comes down to me on 5 and him on 6 where I manage to outspeed his 7 throw with my 7 throw while he’s threatening me with single ace.
- This game is more normal but he gets way more aggressive with throws which catches me off-guard and late game he correctly navigates MA.
- Starts even but I soon manage to get a good lead and block a tpos leaving him at low hand and low health, it ends soon after.
GGs It was a great set, really close and really fun
Grave has been blowing me and my standard picks up lately but i’d been considering bringing Zane back into my stable for a while now and this seemed as good a time as any. I’m glad it worked out and it felt good to go back to my roots.
At this point me and hug0naught are guaranteed to take the top 2 spots in the Dreadlands so I think it’s safe to say Scotland > Rest of the EU
Fivec 3-0 Copper8642
Setsuki > Menelker
Setsuki > Menelker
Setsuki > Menelker
Fusxfaranto 3 - 1 Copper8642
40-ish to 4 health, eat a raw DSD to the face
Just Q it
Playoffs, here I come! (I think?)
Ur first brah
Not how I wanted to end the IYL season, but these things happen. Good games everyone I played.
Actually, my bad. You’re first if I win my last game. Otherwise, you’re second. You’re in the play-offs no matter what, though.
He lost to @Niijima-san so I think he clinches 2nd (since he beat us) so we lose in tiebreaker land.
Right, but if we all end up 10-2, he and DMD are both 2-1 in the H2H tiebreaker, so they go to the game win % tiebreaker, and Fusx wins.
If it’s just the three of you at 10-2, the H2H records are DMD: 2-0, Fusx: 1-1, and Leontes: 0-2, so no need to go to game win %.
That’s assuming @cpat knows what he’s talking about.
Also, if I win my last game, I’m guaranteed to have the highest game win % in the division, and I might not make playoffs
and to fill in your missing commentary
I build a hand so I always have single A. I keep 7* off the table with my counter to keep her Q starved. Sets’ HP melt every time I win combat. QED.
GGS dude. I really enjoyed the back and forth of the Zane vs Grave match. Its a really fun matchup. Also, your MA set up in the first of those was masterful!
Dreadlands, snoc vs @thehug0naut
1 HP comeback!
I draw an absolute dream hand, and keep playing Jh into frantic high normals and throws. Throw AA into OD is a Gloria play that should be cherished whenever it happens.
snoc wins 3-1!
Super fun games as always, good luck in the play-ins/-offs/shake-it-all-abouts!
Caralad vs @Attilian
Caralad wins 3-2
- Took out a bunch of his 10’s early with Bare your soul and MC, preventing any poker shenanigans. Still probably the closest game of the set
- Got run over with face cards, and then the beats were unleashed
- RUN THE HELL OVER
- Kept control of the early game through dominance loop, and then managed to duff a super throw with a 6 into AA lethal
Troq was a low low hand for most of this game. Not sure if he went above 5 cards for quite a long time
And with that, the top 5 in Dreadlands (As far as I can tell) is now set in stone.
1st place goes to @BD_Corro, followed shortly by @thehug0naut
3rd place is @Ivan, followed closely by @snoc and myself in 4th and 5th respectively.
Congrats to our division’s best 5!
Good luck for playoffs! Hope some of you could do it to the finals, raise the EU flag!
I’d like to thank all the Dreadlands’ opponents for the great games played! I really enjoyed it a lot!
And many thanks to @vengefulpickle (and @Zqxx) for running this!
Fun season! Grats to those in Pandalands who made it through. Sorry to all those I had to forfeit against, I didn’t account for my overseas trip when I signed up for the tournament. Will take better care in future!
It was fun to participate once again and I had some amazingly fun games. I still have a lot to learn!
Thanks for running this @vengefulpickle and @Zqxx. It’s plenty of work so it’s great that you stepped up and made it happen.
Good luck to the Dreadlands playoff and playin contestants. And thank you to all the Dreadlands players for so many fun sets.
Thanks, everyone! I’m just getting back from a vacation/camping, so I’m still getting back up to speed on where all of the brackets are, but I hope to do a summary announcement and set up the play-in games soon so that we can get to the playoffs within the next few weeks!
Sup all. I haven’t been paying attention for like a week. Do I have to do a thing?