:rook: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:
:rook: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:lum: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

GGs

I won with Rook?! Who knew…

8 Likes

Wow my setsuki was so bad in this match, thankfully I managed to take a game off of Geiger with her.

I’m still feeling that 5 normal you played on a low hand TD turn Vs Rook. I knew you wouldn’t have lethal in hand but it definitely broke my spirit to see that card come out after you’d already played the other three 5s.

Glad we had a grappler battle for the ace match. Nothing like throwing and duffing the shit of out each other :smile:

May you have the luck of a thousand pandas in the rest of this hilarious event!

3 Likes

flagrantangles wins 4-2 vs @Zqxx
:valerie::pschip::psfist::quince: Turnabout is not fair play! I gotta work on my Val matchups it seems. He played a more honest Quince than I did. However, I did bluff a really nice bluff, though not that nice since it wasn’t 100% successful.
:valerie::psfist::pschip::lum: Valerie can do a lot of damage quickly if her draws line up nicely.
:degrey::pschip::psfist::lum: I am remarkably good at losing MU’s in my favor.
:degrey::psfist::pschip::quince: I am familiar with this MU from the Quince side so I felt comfortable navigating it from the DeGrey side.
:troq::psfist::pschip::quince: I totes did not deserve this win but when you bluff and Beast Unleashed is on the table, you sometimes risk the beast in your face.
:troq::psfist::pschip::menelker: Menelker doesn’t have any life. He tried to turtle up, but I snuck in and stole all of his precious hit points!

GGs Zqxx! I look forward to the next iteration of our ongoing tournament dance!

4 Likes

Copper 4 -3 @Attilian

:midori::psfist::pschip::setsuki: I hit him with BIG MOVES and SPECIAL POWERS
:midori::pschip::psfist::valerie: I got hit by BIG MOVES and SPECIAL POWERS
:quince::psfist::pschip::valerie: This was a real back and forth where I was always slightly trailing, but I got him to 30 and landed AAA into a throw
:quince::psfist::pschip::geiger: I think I landed Consent twice this match. Otherwise managed to spin myself out of the Lottery trying to counterpick me.
:valerie::pschip::psfist::geiger: I pressed buttons that lost to his buttons and he got a good handle on when I switch up my options
:quince::pschip::psfist::geiger: Random button please! Couldn’t spin my way out twice. Not even close. Did 10 damage.
:troq::psfist::pschip::geiger: FACE CARDS

ggs!

5 Likes

Random Thoughts “theme music

@mysticjuicer intentionally does not “like” this post. Am I on a shitlist?
FaceOnMars 4-3 lum_at_1st_sight…
I won with Rook?! Who knew…

@MR75 is ranked #3 in “liking” my posts but he “likes” a lot of posts. Why? No fucking clue. But he’s Italian and I bet he has a great suit and a great pair of shoes.

Utralaw 4-1 @variable
variable and I have been practice partners for about 2 months now. I thought we were roughly on the same level but soon found out that he knows waaaayyyyy more than I do. Why his winrate isn’t higher is beyond me but… (afraid to throw in the endgame perhaps?!)

I like @thehug0naut. I think he’s from Ireland so I always read his posts in the voice of Owen from Boardwalk Empire.

@flagrantangles is always able to deliver the “sportscaster” recap of the set. He likes to say “bits”. I’ve always found his Quince to be mostly honest. Do you take notes every game so you know what you want to say in the post? (honestly curious)

@Niijima-san thanks for verbally abusing me into playing this tournament. I’m learning to embrace looking stupid and having a good time!

Edit: Nijiima-san wasn’t verbally abusive. Just saying to add emphasis.

7 Likes

Hmmm, I generally think of my Quince as a giant liar, but it varies with MU/player so that might account for the difference in perspective.

I’m all about saying bits, biscuits, and bones. As for remembering the matches afterward, it’s a combination of memory powers and reviewing the recording or replays. Now everyone knows my secrets!

3 Likes

:heart:

Though would it make you like me less to find out I’m Scottish instead of Irish? Of course you can still keep reading my posts in an Irish voice, but it might be a little jarring if and when I eventually start recording my matches :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely not! Now I’ll read your posts in the voice of Scottie from Star Trek. If that doesn’t work suggest an actor you prefer.:grin:

Would love to see some more people commentating their matches! @mysticjuicer and @snoc don’t realize how fast I pound through their new videos.

I bought GameShow software to start recording some of my matches. I still look pretty damn awkward after some trial runs so I’m not posting yet.

5 Likes

Haha! I’m in the woods atm. :smile: I only like match reports once I’ve recorded the results.

4 Likes

@thehug0naut My sister lives in Glasgow. We visited last summer and can’t wait to go back.

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed the visit! Glasgow can be a really fun place to stay, certainly was when I was a student staying in the west end. I stay about 20mins away nowadays, so we’ll need to meet up and play some Yomi IRL when you next visit :smile:

mysticjuicer 4 - 1 UTRALAW

:gwen: :pschip: :psfist: :gwen: things start off pretty spoopy!
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :vendetta: the foulest Setsuki hands I’ve ever had, good lord…

ggs UTRALAW, very close, very tense games! good luck in the lower bracket!

3 Likes

@GutterOwl 4-1 over Mordred414

I randomed some pretty weak (for me) characters and then played a couple horribly. GutterOwl capilatlized and took the set easily. All in all it was definitely interesting for my first tourney ever.

Couldn’t draw a throw or regular block with Jaina. I had a good showing with Gloria. Started off ok with Midori but never really got any momentum. Took a game with Gwen before getting absolutely trounced by Troq. At least I manged to take a game. Good luck to all still fighting!

:jaina::pschip::psfist::vendetta:
:gloria::pschip::psfist::vendetta:
:midori::pschip::psfist::vendetta:
:gwen::psfist::pschip::vendetta:
:gwen::pschip::psfist::troq:

4 Likes

SirHandsome 4 - 2 FaceOnMars

:troq: > :jaina:
:persephone: < :jaina:
:troq: > :jaina:
:troq: < :argagarg:
:troq: > :setsuki:
:troq: > :quince:

3 Likes

Most Ven I think I’ve ever played in one sitting. Good set!

1 Like

Thanks for an enjoyable set. Quickly learning that I don’t mind playing against Quince or Arg but don’t like playing as them at all.

2 Likes

L R2

@Caralad vs MR 1-4

:midori::pschip::psfist::argagarg: poked 2 Ks and dealt some dmg. Gotta catched by another dragon K and a normal throw (out of dragon) , then balanced till 10hp vs 14hp. He powered up all his 4 cards for 2 aces and luckly (for me) topdeck another A (while not in dragon form…). Dodged AA into throw

:midori::pschip::psfist::geiger: random gave me Geiger! and fueled! first hand JJJ, then drew Q, all Ks, As. That’s why Geiger is to be hated!

:midori::pschip::psfist::troq: Luck kept to love me… He took me down to 55hp vs 27hp, but war stop and beast unleashed moved game to my side

:midori::psfist::pschip::bbb: Ultra aggressive Midori! I think I was smashed in 6-7 turns… hit by AA, Qs, Ks, normals, I did only 2 chip dmg to save perfect!

:midori::pschip::psfist::grave: I mention that luck loves me tonight? Grave! my fav!

GGs Caralad! Indeed this is a Lucky Lottery!

3 Likes

@MysticDeadman I just realized that I didn’t get a PM for this tournament for this week. I assume this is because Copper forfeited the last round, and is thus expected to do so again?

@Copper8642 played his set last week it was against attilian

1 Like

Ahh, you are correct. I misread the bracket slightly.

So, why then is there not a conversation for our match?

@Copper8642 We should be playing, right?