[TOURNAMENT] Lum's Lucky Lottery: 3 of a Kind

Me vs. MR

I win 4-2

:chibigeiger: :psfist::pschip: :chibigwen: mixup 5 followed by mixup 7 Ftw. If only I had a mixup 13…
:chibijaina: :psfist::pschip: :chibigwen: many fire punches
:chibijaina: :pschip::psfist: :persephone: Drew an unstable power the turn he hit me with Mistress’ Command. I’m pretty sure I would have been fine otherwise.
:chibivendetta: :psfist::pschip: :persephone: every single one of my Acros hit the discard without me being able to use any.
:chibivendetta: :pschip::psfist: :chibigloria: he does a wake up throw while at two life and presumably two jokers in hand. I bow before the machismo/marianismo
:chibivendetta: :psfist::pschip: :chibionimaru: dodges are good vs. onimaru

3 Likes

My first ever set vs Niijima-san was a straight 0-4

This one 2-4… step by step… next time maybe I can go for a 4-4 in bo7! :laughing:

It was very fun even if I felt that he played (and won) very easy on me!

Some little comments by my side

• No way in game 1 and 2…
  • 3rd game got luck in his draw :smile:
  • I made surely some mistakes in 4th game (I’m not a perse player, so I wasn’t able to control the game even if I had the chance and I would have done it…)
  • 5th game, well, I had no jokers last turn (even with only 19 cards left), but tried it…
  • 6th game, I started with many face cards, one block, and no FA, and kept going on with no FA (and many attacks…)

I bow to high rank player excellence!

4 Likes

Thanks for the reports and the games! And the helpful reminder that I am very bad at Lum. Staying panda was a very very bad idea.

Side note: I hate to keep being weirdly particular about this, but I’m a gal.

9 Likes

I apologize for misgendering you! I have updated my post accordingly.

Also, I don’t think it’s “weirdly particular” to ask that people use the pronouns you prefer. I’m sorry that I didn’t catch my own sexist language and I appreciate you letting me know.

5 Likes

Zqxx v @thehug0naut
4-2

:grave::psfist::pschip::jaina:
:vendetta::psfist::pschip::jaina:
:vendetta::pschip::psfist::grave:
:midori::psfist::pschip::grave:
:grave::pschip::psfist::grave:
:menelker::psfist::pschip::grave:

Probability of rolling :grave: three separate times given seven unique random rolls: 0.36%. I guess we got pretty lucky :stuck_out_tongue:.

5 Likes

Fighting Chicks are Kewl!!! duh, hah, hah, snicker, chortle (trying to type how Butthead would speak)

Welcome.

2 Likes

Get out.
Get out of everywhere.
Everywhere you’ve ever been, get out of it.

4 Likes

Leontes defeats lum_at_1st_sight 4-0

:midori::psfist::knockdown::rook:
:persephone::psfist::knockdown::rook:
:zane::psfist::knockdown::rook:
:zane::psfist::knockdown::gloria:

Unlucky of you to face the Dragon in game 1, lol. We had a fun FDB/CMB clash :smiley:

Keep practicing that Rook! All the games were close.

4 Likes

mysticjuicer 4 - 3 Niijima-san

:onimaru::psfist::pschip::persephone:
:bbb::psfist::pschip::persephone:
:bbb::psfist::pschip::rook:
:bbb::pschip::psfist::troq:
:bbb::pschip::psfist::setsuki:
:bbb::pschip::psfist::troq:
:bbb::psfist::pschip::jaina:

ggs man, that 2nd Troq roll tilted my whole damn body

6 Likes

It would be nice if one time when someone said I tilted them they actually lost.

6 Likes

Just look at any loss you’ve dealt me. I promise I was tilted.

2 Likes

I mean, in the few times we’ve played, you tilted me to losses.

2 Likes

GutterOwl 4-3 MyDrothers

:setsuki::knockdown::psfist::argagarg:
:setsuki::knockdown::knockdown::setsuki:
:grave::psfist::knockdown::lum:
:zane::psfist::knockdown::lum:
:persephone::knockdown::psfist::lum:
:persephone::psfist::knockdown::valerie:

Intense set! So many down to the wire games.

9 Likes

GutterOwl 4-3 Over MyDrothers
:chibisetsuki::knockdown::psfist::argagarg:
:chibisetsuki::psfist::psfist::chibisetsuki: A dueling single pixel tie!
:grave::psfist::knockdown::lum:
:zane::psfist::knockdown::lum:
:persephone::knockdown::psfist::lum:
:persephone::psfist::knockdown::valerie:

2 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs MysticDeadman

:degrey: :psfist::pschip: :lum:
:midori: :pschip::psfist: :lum:
:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :lum:
:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :vendetta:
:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :troq:

Southpaw Hare 4 - 1 MysticDeadman

Southpaw Hare wins!

2 Likes

VS vengefulpickle

:valerie: < :setsuki:
:valerie: > :degrey: (he had some troubles with the interface in this match that cost him a big combat)
:bbb: < :degrey:
:bbb: < :midori:
:argagarg: > :midori:
:menelker: > :midori:
:menelker: > :midori: (randomed into same matchup!)

4-3

2 Likes

Mordred414 vs @thehug0naut

Mordred414 wins 4-3 in a very good set. I had a great time, even when losing 2 straight with Geiger.

:quince::pschip::psfist::gwen:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::gwen:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:geiger::pschip::psfist::setsuki:
:geiger::pschip::psfist::gwen:
:geiger::psfist::pschip::rook:
:troq::psfist::pschip::rook:

3 Likes

Caralad vs @Legion

:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :persephone:
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:
:persephone: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:
:persephone: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:persephone: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb:

GG’s Legion, good luck in 19xx

4 Likes

Loser’s bracket, R1

MR vs @Hobusu

:vendetta::psfist::pschip::quince: guessed right many times… so Quince lies couldn’t be played and ven’s tools (acro) came out when needed

:vendetta::psfist::pschip::zane: good start: 2 vs 2, ven’s one a bit faster and combos in 3AA, then landed a couple fo 11-12 dmg hits. Then he placed some wrong side cards (lucky me :slight_smile:) and he definitely got no luck on shenanigans time.

:gwen::psfist::pschip::zane: now the question… keep zane or re-random. He flipped a coin and so zane on. but random gave me one of my fav char (hit hit hit!) and with a good start arsenal (Q, 2s, straight…). Managed to land some good rushdown hits and took him to 13hp (while shenanigans kept to betray him!) and finish with 234J vs no Joker.

:gwen::psfist::pschip::setsuki: so enough zane! ninja time. very close one. Sets and Gwen are good at rushdown combos and ignoring FD… We got down to Gwen 1hp vs Sets 9hp: dodge vs Q (he didn’t draw a single Qs in 28 cards till this one…) and AA vs no Joker!

GGs! surely luck was not on your side tonight!

5 Likes

Utralaw 4-1 Variable

:menelker::pschip::psfist:::chibibbb: Was able to 10 away Both Jokers and all his Ks at one point but still lost it in the end.
:menelker::psfist::pschip::jaina: Variable started this one off really strong with a 2 attack into KKK and AAs. But i stabilize at 30-26 health and came back with some timely throws with A and alot of Q back up.
:codexonimaru::psfist::pschip::chibijaina: Match started off not in my favor again with Variable getting alot of good dmg in with As and some normal’s attacks also he won a unstable power turn and hand more Aces in hand now. But when he went for a second unstable power i was able to guess out the 6 attack and from there made my comeback. Of course jaina dealing her self dmg t return her cards help out :P. In the end a early attach ace with some dodges into normal attack won me that round.
:onimaru::psfist::pschip::chibibbb:I got really lucky winning this one as i was playing some risky moves in range with 5s and not being punish when i was blocking. We both ended up around 40 health each and for a LONG time it was just alot of baiting and blocking with small chips of dmg here and there with jokers on both sides. But again attached Aces with faces cards do alot of dmg!!!
:codexrook::psfist::pschip::chibibbb: This last game i re-roll into Rook which normally i don’t mind playing but in this match i was not so sure. Better men than me would know but i don’t think rook was that favor in this match. But the match must go on! Overall again fortune smiled on me and i was able to block my way out when in range and poke out a BBB K throw with an 8. Not knowing that i could rock amour out when in range was something i only tried to do late game. From there got some good trades in with Ks into BBB 7s attack twice :). A a big Wall of vine attack sure help cut down BBB life total.

Ggs Variable even so you were not on your A game every body u random into felt super strong. Thanks also for staying behind and giving me some more pointer on the BBB match up with Oni. Hope we get to play again real soon!

3 Likes