[TOURNAMENT] Lum's Lucky Lottery: 3 of a Kind

Leontes wins 4-1 vs. Legion

I won the lottery lol

:zane::psfist::knockdown::gwen:
:persephone::knockdown::psfist::gwen: Lol I powered up for AA and so did he, my life was at 22. He GAPA, I didn’t. Rekt
:grave::psfist::knockdown::gwen: Tough match, got to the very end and landed a clutch throw after getting lethal Joker’d twice
:grave::psfist::knockdown::gloria: Drew all the 7s, threw a lot. Got a very big lifelead very quickly which is always hard for her
:grave::psfist::knockdown::degrey: This time, I powered up for Aces while KD and landed a big TPoS on wakeup into a 7. Next combat was a Throw5J (god damn this guy hurts) for the kill

ggs @Legion! Finally redemption after you bodied me in that last tournament!

Hopefully I get as lucky with my picks/draws for the rest of the tournament! Or I get :midori: and lose a lot so I can play him a bunch

8 Likes

Please note that anybody found circumventing the random rules so they can stay locked in as their main will be barred from receiving their participation ice cream treat at the end of the tournament.

Except those of us that play Best Gal, because she’ll give us ice cream anyway. :chibigwen:

3 Likes

Lum’s Lucky Lottery, Round 1
Mystic Deadman vs. @GutterOwl

:chibibbb::psfist::pschip::chibibbb:
:chibirook::psfist::pschip::chibibbb:
:chibirook::pschip::psfist::chibidegrey:
:chibirook::pschip::psfist::chibidegrey:
:chibirook::psfist::pschip::chibivendetta:
:chibirook::pschip::psfist::chibisetsuki:
:chibisetsuki::pschip::psfist::chibisetsuki:

Final Score:
Mystic Deadman 3-4 GutterOwl

I’m pretty sure this is the first set in LLL history to start and finish on a mirror match. The set was closer than the score would indicate, which is about par for the course for me as I do not like making things easy for my opponent. It also says a lot about the set, since the score is about as close as it can possibly be without being a longer set.

For the record, Game 4 was re-randomed by GutterOwl. I restarted every game just to make sure both sides were honest.

EDIT: Big thanks to GutterOwl for catching a reporting error, in which I accidentally robbed her of a victory in the final game.

3 Likes

(psst, last one should be my victory.)

2 Likes

Whoops, thanks for the catch!

2 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @mydrothers

:argagarg: :pschip::psfist: :rook:
:midori: :psfist::pschip: :rook:
:lum: :psfist::pschip: :rook:
:lum: :psfist::pschip: :argagarg:
:lum: :psfist::pschip: :grave:

Southpaw Hare 4 - 1 mydrothers
Southpaw Hare wins!

3 Likes

Attilian :ps4gem: - :ps2gem: @mordred414

:zane: :pschip: :game_die: :rook:
:zane: :pschip: :game_die: :lum: Max Anarchy on low health v 50hp Lum while I’m slowed from ROTD; fail => powered up everything in hand to MA again but die from Jackpot. Live by the Lottery, die by the Lottery.
:zane: :game_die: :pschip: :midori:
:troq: :game_die: :pschip: :midori:
:troq: :game_die: :pschip: :persephone:
:quince: :game_die: :pschip: :persephone: I somehow manage to do Quince things.

Ggs Mordred. I got awfully lucky with playing so much of this set as Zane and Troq. It was a very enjoyable set, played in a great spirit. Best of luck in the lower bracket.

3 Likes

It was a great set. I felt very fortunate to roll my main (Perse) at the end but I am just horrible against Quince. I also made a critical misplay in that last game where I intended to play On Your Knees and played Mistresses’s Command instead. That error completely shifted the momentum and I never recovered. I’m still pretty happy with my play considering this is my first toruney. Thanks for the games @Attilian!

7 Likes

mysticjuicer vs Caralad

:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger: insanely close game
:persephone: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger:
:persephone: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
:persephone: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:

ggs Caralad

this set definitely earns the “sometimes, some crimes” badge :open_mouth: Persephone can be rude

5 Likes

@Copper8642 takes a loss as time expires in week 1. (@mysticjuicer How would that be recorded on the spreadsheet? I’ll record it the same way on the bracket)

Round 2 conversations will be handed out shortly. Once round 2 concludes, we can formally begin the One-Loss Bracket set of matches. If you know who your opponent is, however, feel free to play the match ahead of time.

I only record games that happened on the spreadsheet, so it won’t be. Since it’s double-elim, I think just go 0-0 and assign copper the loss.

2 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @variable

:onimaru: :psfist::pschip: :lum:
:troq: :pschip::psfist: :lum:
:zane: :pschip::psfist: :lum:
:zane: :psfist::pschip: :valerie:
:bbb: :psfist::pschip: :valerie: :psgem:PERFECT!:psgem:
:geiger: :pschip::psfist: :valerie:
:geiger: :pschip::psfist: :grave:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 4 Variable
Variable wins!

I got randomed 3 of the Top Tier characters :zane: :troq: :geiger:, and my current tournament main :bbb:. Still didn’t win, but it went pretty well!

@variable You didn’t post in a timely manner. Don’t forget!

2 Likes

Oops, sorry, I was editing & re-editing this thing that basically turned into a tournament report for far too long! Next time I’ll post the important details right away & add flavor afterwards! :smiley_cat:

I am still surprised I’m that this is what the story is, but here it goes… It’s a novel-length adventure, of course! :0

LLL3, Round 2: @SouthpawHare vs. variable… ENGAGE!

:chibionimaru::pscrash::pschip::lum:: Most of what I remember from this device is being far too respectful of a Final Authority that may only been there far into the game. Turn one dodge for Oni into turn two block, and then turn three combat-reveal Ace and attach three total Aces is a mite suspicious. Or at least it’s scary! :scream_cat: I block early and often attempting to cause these Aces to somehow de-attach - in the process allowing SPH’s Oni access to various aggressive functions, including: Throwing my blodge attempts, and, far later, dismantling my blocks consistently & with fierceness. Some lower normals & blocks are thrown in to season the dish! And, sometimes, Southpaw dodges to try to get value out of the remaining attached Aces, but I am too unwilling to throw & this goes unpunished most times - if not every.

The turns that I try to poke with Face Cards are also too obvious and I get very little value out of them this game. I don’t know if I won with a normal attack, even! I probably should have re-randomed myself, but I actually like playing Lum, because things can sometimes seem unfair the other way around. Poker Flourish is just as uncounterable as Final Authority, from the Onimaru’s POV. The speed of Clockwork Soldiers seems annoying for Lum, as can be Oni’s 5 and 7, but all of that is gone now as Southpaw re-randoms…

:troq::pschip::pscrash::chibilum:: Wow, nice… Troq is probably the character I like playing against the least! :0 Go home, Troq! It’s hard for him to get back, though… because he keeps reversing his ways! :joy_cat: I make many wrong guesses this game, and I am reduced to 11 Panda Points™ before I start making consistent &, possibly, reasonable decisions. Luckily, Lum’s Q is a HECK of a move. I disrespect all & play Q forever until I can Poker Flourish… Actually, that didn’t happen. I didn’t play it at all after this pretty comeback-essential exchange where it undercut Troq’s Goodmoove™. I actually took what I considered to be a huge risk and went all-in with a Great Pandamonium on my own knockdown! And it hits! :0 Roll the Dice results in a KD Troq, and having bravery for one turn enables me to 5 attack through an 8 block. After placing the right cards in the right places, I’m able to Poker Flourish to close this Yomi out! Southpaw re-randoms for the next one!

:zane::pschip::pscrash::chibilum:: Zane is a no-fun zone! He bans pandas! :crying_cat_face: He also has access to what can appear to be consistently redonk damage, though, which is a challenge to overcome, at times! “Let’s fast-forward to the part they need to hear about, here!” Okay, well…

It is turn IDK.

:lum: has 25 life and 10 cards in hand.
:zane: has 42 life, and, allegedly, 8 cards in hand.

This is part where Lum turns to the side and says, with a glint in the panda’s eye, “Poker Flourish for 16, into a Jackpot that hits its mark, into I survive until EOT, into another Poker Flourish for 19, gg.”

Lum is, heretofore, banned* from LLL3.

*Actually, all I had to do was re-random again. Zane can be mean, but he’s not that mean. I can still get Lum again, right? Let’s roll these dice!!

:chibizane::pscrash::pschip::valerie:: Wha-? I have to play Valerie?! What is the meaning of this? I mean, I hit a big combo with her once in Quickmatch, but… I can’t play this character very well. :scream_cat: When I am lacking all of the Yomises my fundamentals don’t carry me far enough. When I have a 2 or 3 a and few 7s & 10s and can figure out how to win, but I often can’t figure out how to get there.

I am thoroughly outplayed by Southpaw in this one, including two of my knockdown turns when I tried to be extra tricksy! :0 I had a revealed 9 block, so the sensible thing for Southpaw to do isn’t to odd attack me, is it? I mean, I have a 9. And if it hits it’s only +3 damage over Zane’s highest even-numbered normal (6), and a throw has more utility than a block. Obviously, then, a 9 attack appears and my 10 block (Yes, 10 block!) disintegrates as if it was made of a simile that was explosive and an explosion occurred nearby! As a result - I am KD again! :0 On the next turn, I wisely block with the only type of block I have remaining (Odd), and my 9 block meets Southpaw’s 6 in an unfavorable fashion.

I don’t recall much else about this game, except for the last turn where I play a 3 on one of Southpaw’s few KDs and I get Slipstream Phased. I have no tens, and I since I was going for a crossup it doesn’t make sense to even play my Burst of Speed. Next! I have Southpaw re-random, which is probably incorrect even though Southpaw Hare is amazing with Zane. I’m just terrible with Valerie, but I was more blinded with stubbornness so I couldn’t see that accurately at the time.

:chibibbb::fire::pschip::valerie:: I was almost mentally guard broken on turn one of this game. Turn one K throw, against :chibivalerie:? Deepening my pain, I was at Range with a robot that continually dodged, somehow… As if more than eight dodges were present in the robot’s deck - it dodged & dodged! And blocked. I didn’t block on those turns, though! :o Even though I didn’t block as much as I should have, I escaped that Range relatively safely, I think. The next Range didn’t go as well. Southpaw played especially well in this game, and had me outthought on most turns! :smiley_cat: My obvious 2 poke immediately after Range ended was undercut by a single Ace. I then get sent back to Range Hell where I am lit aflame. :scream_cat: I get out, but at that point, who cares? I go out swinging with a K of my own into a dodge when I’m at 13.

Southpaw takes this game, easily, with a perfecto! The wild part is that there weren’t Queens or Kings being recurred at Range… …ever! For the BBB experts out there, nah, just go to Range with turn one King and get a perfect by looping one Jack, dodging & blocking wisely, and using BBB’s remaining tools very thoughtfully! :heart:

That said, yeah, let’s re-random Southpaw’s character, huh? Yeah, that sounds right…! Of course, though, no, really… Ye’ve got to be kitten me here!! IS THIS REAL LIFE!?! :scream_cat:

:geiger::pschip::pscrash::chibivalerie:: Why did it have to be a TIME MAGE? But, is that true? It is, huh?
How did I win this one? I’m still not sure… Against one of the TIMEKICK-iest to ever Yomi, ye should tread quite carefully if ye want to have any chance at all! As far as I can remember, though, I did stuff that didn’t make sense but I had just enough HPs not to die as a result of my various errors before I people say that won - through pure doggedness, probably. I was interviewed by a sideline reporter directly after this game & I would said, after looking to the stands for a moment, “The key to winning this one was likely avoiding the massive damages that can arise during temporal distortions. I was solid where I had to be, I guess. Both teams had good plays. Go to a commercial, please!”

As a result of this magical win, I was allowed to re-random, finally! :smiley_cat: And, ooh, that same sideline reporter from before just approached me and asked me what I thought of this majesty & I said, “This is a decision that’s easy to look back on and second guess, but, I’d wager that Southpaw is better with a random Yomi character than I am. Leave me on Valerie, where I’m 1-for-3, and see what happens - I say in retrospect. What happened, next, though?”

:geiger::pschip::pscrash::chibigrave:: Oooooh, right, this happened! I tried to lie/do weird things that didn’t work with a few too many of my Knowing the Opponent turns, but I got the catch-up when I revealed an Ace and actually had three other Aces and the bravery quotient required to play them, dealing 45 damage for 2 cards! Now, that’s solid! :smiley_cat: After that I was going to try to land safe Yomises that were also secure, but I ran out of Queens so I had to dodge! :0 Luckily, the throw was not real.

I’m happy that this LLL is a best-of-seven format, for my own sake, but I’d be surprised if the better player won this set! I think that Southpaw played more consistently and deserved to win, but it didn’t turn out that way this time. :crying_cat_face: Anyway, thanks for the enjoyable set, Southpaw and good luck in the rest of the tournament!! :sparkling_heart:

But, gosh, this format seems quite fun, and I’m looking forward to the future rounds, myself!! See ye out there, Yomi-ers! :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

@variable You recorded the second match incorrectly with the emoticons

1 Like

Going out in 2 games in my own tournament. Thanks for sealing my fate, @variable.

3 Likes

don’t call yourself out until you are out

2 Likes

[quote=“SouthpawHare, post:74, topic:3164, full:true”]
You recorded the second match incorrectly with the emoticons
[/quote]Ooh, that’s right! I should have noticed that before, but I corrected it!

flagrantangles wins 4-1 vs @GutterOwl
:midori::psfist::pschip::lum: I got lucky with dragon moves. I had 2 K’s and 3 Q’s by about T3 as I recall. From there I just had to figure out how GutterOwl was gonna play the mixups. Turns out she played mostly defensively. FDB closes this one out.
:quince::psfist::pschip::lum: I random into my main man Quince. GutterOwl continues to play pretty defensively and I’m able to eke out a victory between smalls bursts of Positive Spin and some key Patriot Mirror setups.
:quince::pschip::psfist::troq: I get absolutely bodied in this MU. The only damage I did was chip off the Queen. When I finally get Positive Spin from it, I get war stomped so my K-Spin is defanged. I play it anyway and get raw Beast Unleashed for lethal. Turns out that I should have attacked quite a bit more.
:quince::psfist::pschip::menelker: Menelker is a meanie but I’ve played this matchup plenty between Copper and random. I get bonecrackered early but my hand isn’t super exploitable. She still does me dirty for a bit, but once I get the engine rolling, it don’t stop, especially when you have barely any hit points like Menelker. Near the end, she evens up the life totals with a straight and picks up two Queens. I contemplate dodging and hitting Patriot Mirror. I go for the Patriot Mirror and win.
:rook::psfist::pschip::menelker: I get bonecrackered early here too and it looks like she’s poised to remove all the blocks from my hand through crossups and such. Thankfully I’m able to build my hand back up. I gold burst as soon as I receive my second joker since it wasn’t long for this world given Into Oblivion. I was successful and I picked up two Aces that I threaten for a bit. GutterOwl doesn’t take them seriously so eventually I just throw 'em down and punch holes in her body. After that, she gold bursts and gets some aces and now she’s threatening DSD. I decide to disbelieve and I Stone Wall a King. She then powers up for another Ace and now it seems everything’s real. I figure since she knows that both of my jokers are gone, she will probably just attack me since my grappler throws defeat the dodge/raw DSD mixup. Because of that, I decide to attack and RA through it. Eventually she lands a 5 on me but can’t kill me so I RA for lethal.

GGs @GutterOwl

3 Likes

Fivec 4-0 vengefulpickle

Onimaru > Lum
Onimaru > Valerie
Grave > Valerie
Gloria > Valerie

Look, ma! No Setsuki!

Ggs.

5 Likes

UTRALAW 4-3 Attilian

:gloria::pschip::psfist::quince:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:gloria::pschip::psfist::menelker:
:quince::pschip::psfist::menelker:
:midori::psfist::pschip::menelker:
:chibimidori::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:midori::psfist::pschip::persephone:

GGs Attilian Win or lose i had a blast playing with you some super fun games. It seems the Panda Gods were not too kind to you on the last two matches. Otherwise it was your set to win hope to play you again in the future.

4 Likes