[TOURNAMENT] Lum's Lucky Lottery: 3 of a Kind

I will play

3 Likes

And with SirHandsome’s entry, we’ve hit an even 20 players! If only @JonnyD hadn’t withdrawn, we’d be at lucky 21. :smiley:

There’s still time to show interest and sign up! Don’t miss your chance to take part in the true shenanigans!

7 Likes

I thought it was two! :midori::menelker:

4 Likes

Me reading in a mocking tone…
“One of the best ways to learn how to play against a character is to play as them. Plus playing more characters might show you a character you like.”

Blah Blah Blah…

I’m gonna suck real bad
in

5 Likes

It’s the final week of signups! Get in while you can!

I am going to drop from this. @mysticjuicer & @vengefulpickle , I will be dropping from the 19xx and IYL, as well. I recently received a job offer that makes relatively good money but requires overtime.

Also, I am focusing on my health. About a year ago, I started to have negative symptoms from an unhealthy lifestyle that went on for too long. I have been on the Wahls protocol (basically 9 cups of vegetables that consists of 3 cups greens, 3 cups sulfur rich vegetables, and 3 cups colored vegetables with about 8 oz of grass fed beef, organ meat or salmon a day) for about a month to improve my diet.

The next thing that I plan on implementing is strength and cardio training. My 60 year old dad is going to be my partner. This should give me some fantastic bonding time with my father. Also, this should help him because one of the biggest reasons for health decline comes after a person reaches age 60. The elderly lose too much muscle mass.

I met a lot of great people here. Unfortunately, I am hanging up my Yomi cards for good. I will miss this community. I have had many great matches. I really feel like I got to know some of you on a deeper level just by trying to outplay you at this game.

Finally, I will leave with a piece of advice for you guys and gals. Don’t wait to turn an unhealthy lifestyle around. Small symptoms will continue to mount up. I have always been strong and athletic. Hell, I thought my body could only be hurt temporarily. One day, I looked in the mirror and realized that 20 year old guy that used to be 6’1 and 195 is now 38 and weighs in over 250. I just felt sick and tired. Fight back.

16 Likes

Do what you need to do in order to take care of you. Yomi is secondary to your physical health.
Congratulations on the job, though. Hopefully the overtime won’t take too much of a toll on you either.

5 Likes

goddbye and have a good life CKR. i’ll miss you :’(

1 Like

Ahh, the secret edition of single character showdown where we all have to play as @JonnyD

In.

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up man. Sad to see you go, but hope we’ll cross swords again someday. Good luck with everything! :heart:

3 Likes

Just under 24 hours left in the signup phase. Last chance to get in the madness!

…I’ve been waffling on whether to join, since I’ve got classes to focus on, but one match a week where I don’t even have to pick my character seems like it shouldn’t be too much of a time commitment. Apologies in advance if I feel a need to drop out later, but for the foreseeable future I’m in.

6 Likes

Please count me in if sign ups are still open.

3 Likes

Signups are closed! First round conversations will be dispersed shortly. Matches are due by next Sunday at 12:00 PM UTC. Good luck to all participants!

Bracket can be found here: http://challonge.com/LLL3oaK

4 Likes

And the first match is now complete.

Caralad vs @FaceOnMars

Mysticjuicer is going to have a recording of this match up, so spoiler tags if you don’t want to know the result straight away

Summary

:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb:
:valerie: :pschip: :psfist: :persephone:
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone:
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :vendetta:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :vendetta:

GG’s FoM

6 Likes

I believe you won the fourth game :jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :vendetta:
Wasn’t it Caralad 4:1 FaceOnMars?

All in all wasn’t as bad as I expected. Proved to myself that I can still lose as effectively with Ven, a character I know, than with a character I know nothing about! Maybe LLL will unearth a new and improved FOM.

GGs

5 Likes

It’s kind of what I put…I just mispelt the jaina emoji :blush:

Also, it was bad luck for you that I randomed into a character I’m VERY comfortable with in that last match. But that’s what LLL is about!

1 Like

Contemplating whether or not playing Troq should count as an automatic DQ.
:thinking:

EDIT: Just in case you’re not sure, this is a joke

5 Likes

Me vs. Sirhandsome

I win 4-3

:chibigeiger: :psfist::pschip: :chibivalerie: A lot of naked duffs into crummy combos got me there
:chibiquince: :pschip::psfist: :chibivalerie: as is always the problem in yomi as in real life, I didn’t lie enough
:chibijaina: :psfist::pschip: :chibivalerie: game was nice and gave me my Val cp
:chibijaina: :pschip::psfist: :chibigloria: picked the wrong option on one crucial combat and that’s all it took
:chibijaina: :pschip::psfist: :chibiargagarg: I did not draw a block until waaaaaaaaay too late
:chibiargagarg: :psfist::pschip: :chibiargagarg: blarbablargh
:chibigeiger: :psfist::pschip: :chibiargagarg: mixup normals brah

8 Likes

@vengefulpickle vs @Hobusu

:menelker: :psfist::pschip: :persephone: Many cards were Oblivioned (including a 4, because my timer ran out as I looked for an A that had already been returned to Persephone’s hand), a Mistress Command was eaten, and a dodge into single A to close out.
:menelker: :psfist::pschip: :gloria: Bonecracker/Oblivion 1-2 punch removes Jokers on turn 2. Gloria ends up stuck low hand and can never get her engine really going.
:onimaru: :pschip::psfist: :gloria: This goes much more like Gloria wants. Many Overdoses and Healing Spheres were had.
:onimaru: :psfist::pschip: :quince: A nailbiter of a game. Life totals stayed pretty even up until the last few turns, Quince got lots of spins, Oni landed several Clockwork enhanced face cards, and closed it out by attacking into an honest Q spin.
:onimaru: :psfist::pschip: :troq: Two Clockwork Soldiers were blocked, one clockwork enhanced face card blocked, but the last Clockwork-enhanced JJ duffed out the Beast Unleashed.

Fun games, @Hobusu! They definitely could have swung the other way.

5 Likes