News Shop
Events Forums

[Tournament] 19XX: Ace 4 - Tournament in progress!

Tournament is now in session! Scheduling emails will go out shortly! Thanks again to @vengefulpickle for all your help getting me set up with the Auto TO technology! :heart:

Please note, I’ve decided to make at least the first round 2 weeks. Please do your best to schedule matches as soon as possible, just so you have the maximum amount of time to reschedule if for unexpected circumstances arise. Good luck and have fun to all participants!

Round 1 me vs @flagrantangles

:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :quince:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :valerie:
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :valerie:
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :valerie:

ggs! I think I really made some really risky plays at points that did not pay off at all. Valerie is sorta new for me, glad to get some play there!

I feel like I’m taking Silmerion’s place by playing Quince and Valerie!

@CarpeGuitarrem You play a mean Quince and I mean that as a compliment. If my experience has taught me anything, it’s that I’m kinda bad at the mirror. :open_mouth: Even so, it doesn’t help that I play a “gears out” style, to reference @ARMed_PIrate’s old Geiger guide. It works for me in a lot of MU’s but there are plenty where I could stand to be more conservative or strike a better balance between caution and risk, the eternal tide of Yomi.

The Onimaru/Val games were pretty fun though. I imagine it’s kinda scary to play the guard crushes from the Onimaru side since Val’s normals can ruin your day. I know it was scary on the Val side to play the normals because of Oni’s dodges and FA. While dodges are pretty good for both of us, I think what really makes things interesting is that Oni an Val have the same throw speeds so Oni can’t threaten his throws in the same way. Furthermore, with FA being on the table, BoS seems like it should be reserved mostly to win throw clashes.

Anywho, GGs!