SUPER SERIOUS SATURDAY [Single Day Tourney]

Don’t you hate how in Yomi you’re usually forced to decide for yourself which character to play? Isn’t it annoying when you have lots of time to think through a turn? Wouldn’t you rather crank up the variance a little?

Well, your prayers have been answered! My name is @Zqxx and I’m dropping a piping hot fresh plate of super serious Yomi onto the unsuspecting masses. This is:

##SUPER SERIOUS SATURDAY
Saturday, March 11 at 6pm GMT/10am PST

SUPER SERIOUS SATURDAY is a single-day fast-timer tournament where every single game both players MUST randomly select their character!

DETAILS

• Saturday Mar. 11th at 6pm GMT (10am PST)
  • Single elimination (if 8+ participants)
  • Best of 5/First to 3
  • Fast timer
  • In the case of a double-KO, replay the MU
  • Both players MUST random select their character for every game

Please let me know if you’re interested in participating! As always, you should message me on the server within 30 minutes of the start time to confirm!

mm~~
Remember to bring your grippies!

[details=The Single-Day Tourney Hall of Fame]1. @Shax, the Greatest Grappler
2. @Zqxx, the Most Inhuman One
3. @Legion, the Familial Arbiter[/details]

3 Likes

Cool one! is is a problem if i only have the 10 base characters? it’s technically easier to master them all in time.

Hmmmm well, it does make things awkward because only owning the original 10 arguably gives you an advantage in this format. Additionally, it just seems a little awkward to not have everyone be the same in this regard.

However, I also don’t really want to exclude people from the event if they want to participate…

I’ll have to give it more thought. If others have thoughts on the matter I’d love to hear them!

It’s random select anyway, I don’t think it makes a huge difference.

4 Likes

I’ll try to be there :wink:

1 Like

@FourLiberties Seems like you should be good!

I am in it to win it

1 Like

I want to participate, especially since this seems like it might be a good way to start playing Yomi online (then again, since I’ve never played as most of the cast I’ll probably get bodied). The one thing holding me back is that this starts at the same time as the CCG club at my local library, and that’s the only chance I get most weeks to have IRL games of Codex (or Yomi Round 1).

In other words, I’ll probably want to test this Saturday to see if I can get a strong enough internet connection at the library and ask if anyone wants to watch me get destroyed. If yes, then I’m in. I’ll report back once I know for sure.

2 Likes

@Leontes

Any chance we can get this tourney onto the events page? :wink:

1 Like

Hey!
Seems very cool!
I’ll try to join the contest!

2 Likes

It looks like there’s some interest with my IRL group, so as long as nothing comes up I’m in!

1 Like

@FourLiberties
@Legion
@lettucemode
@Hobusu
@MR75

Just a (quite late, admittedly) reminder of the event tomorrow!

Unfortunately I don’t think I can be back from the gym in time. My fault for leaving 33 required gym hours until there was 33.5 hours left in the quarter.

Well, I wanted to join this, but my laptop has been “Preparing to launch Yomi” for several minutes now. If it ever connects I might watch a match, but otherwise I’ll just have to wait for another event. :disappointed_relieved:

(Unless I’m misinterpreting the time, but I doubt that).

Southpaw Hare vs Kraetyz

:vendetta: :psfist: v :pschip: :jaina:
:setsuki: :psfist: v :pschip: :argagarg:
:vendetta: :pschip: v :psfist: :setsuki:
:valerie: :psfist: v :pschip: :onimaru:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 1 Kraetyz
Southpaw Hare wins!

1 Like

Southpaw Hare vs Zqxx

:quince: :psfist: v :pschip: :vendetta:
:persephone: :psfist: v :pschip: :vendetta:
:bbb: :psfist: v :pschip: :zane:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 0 Zqxx
Southpaw Hare wins!

1 Like

Congratulations to @BD_Corro for winning the tourney!

He is hereby inducted into the Hall of Fame with the title Master of Variance!

Thank you to everyone who showed up! As usual, I really appreciate it, and I had a lot of fun playing!

Challonge link for reference: http://challonge.com/superserious

5 Likes

Thank you @Zqxx for running it and ggs to everyone who played

Between me SPH and zqxx there was only one point between us so it really could have gone either way honestly I assumed I was done for when SPH randomed Gloria on both of the first 2 games

Here are my results my memory is pretty bad and I didn’t write them down so feel free to correct me

@BD_Corro vs @SouthpawHare

BD Corro wins 3-1

:vendetta::pschip::psfist::gloria:
:lum::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:valerie::psfist::pschip::geiger:
:psfist::pschip: Can’t remember the characters

@BD_Corro vs Kraetyz

BD Corro wins 3-1
the match i lost was :persephone::pschip::psfist::geiger:
I think one of the matches i won was with BBB and another was with midori not sure about the rest

@BD_Corro vs @Zqxx

Zqxx wins 3-2
The last match was :bbb::pschip::psfist::argagarg: I can’t remember the rest

Apologies to the juicer man for the spoty results I should have written them down as I was going along but I guess it isn’t really a big deal for a random tourney

GGS all

3 Likes

Guards, seize him!

4 Likes