So I’ve played a few games of Codex so far, and there’s constantly so much going on that I’ve found a few helpful ways to not forget stuff. These include:
• Teching cards in perpendicular to the discard deck (and always counting “one” and “two” aloud) so I can make sure I teched
• By a similar token, I always say “discarding X, drawing Y” out loud so that even if I have to shuffle, I’ll have an easier time remembering the total number of cards I’m drawing up to
• If I buy a Tower, I put it on my mat between the Hero Zone and the Patrol Zone so that we don’t keep forgetting about it every single time
• Whenever a hero dies, I put them back into the Hero Zone face down and inverted (so that the “HERO” text is upside down). At upkeep, I go through the heroes up there and “right-side-up” each one of them, whether turning the face-down card face-up to indicate that they’re back in action, or turning an inverted face-down card around to indicate that this is the beginning of the full turn they’re out for
• Having a paper clip on your hero is a great way to readily indicate which band they’re at, with the level chits only getting used for in-band level-ups
Anyone else got any useful little tricks they use?