Two Australian Bois coming to an America near you!

That’s right! It’s time for another international Bomber trip.This time around, I have a friend!

Next March, we will be tripping across many parts of the USA, meeting some cool people, possibly even meeting YOU!

The main purpose of this topic will be the first leg of our journey, some time hanging out in Los Angeles and San Francisco. If you want to challenge us (or just me) to a game of Yomi IN PERSON, this is your opportunity!
I believe my good friend @Leontes already has a fantastic venue in mind for us to get together and maybe even run a tournament. I will play Codex too, or any Sirlin game for that matter!

So post here if you live in the US and want to meet with two REAL LIFE Australians, and if you’re close by any of our destinations, we will strongly consider hanging out! (We have limited time of course, but we will endeavour to meet as many of you cool people as we can.)

10 Likes

Basically we gotta get the LA gang back together for some good board game times. @LK4O4 @ClanNatioy @Zqxx @ratxt1 @Fivec @Alhazard

4 Likes

It’d be awesome to meet you in person, I’m in. :smiley:

5 Likes

I would if I could but I moved to Las Vegas about six months ago.

3 Likes

That’s only a 3 hour drive! These guys are coming from AUSTRALIA!

5 Likes

Not quite my side of the country, but I’ll keep my ears peeled for any further legs…

1 Like

It’s probably closer to four. Plus if I came down my wife would want to come too so she could visit here family. I’ll see what I can do though because it would be cool to see everyone again.

Edit: Reread OP and didn’t realize this wasn’t happening for awhile. I’ll try and plan for a visit to the fam to coincide with this event.

2 Likes

Are you guys coming more easterly? I’m not sure who else besides me is in the Boston area (although I’m given to understand that @mysticjuicer has ventured across the border once or twice).

2 Likes

We will be tripping to several more places around, though I’m not sure I’d consider it close to Boston at any point. I think Pennsylvania is about as close as we get

1 Like

Yeah, Pennsylvania is still a bit of a haul from up here. Ah well.

1 Like

Are you guys still doing this? You could always check out Puyallup or Tacoma to see meee baby!!

2 Likes

So I suppose I’d better keep this thread alive as we move closer to the date.
We will of course be hitting up San Francisco for a couple of days too, before striking out eastwards to see more cool people

2 Likes

Time for another update! So I booked the international flights a while ago, I just didn’t tell anyone.
We’re gonna land in LA on the morning of Saturday the 2nd of March (really early, and it’s a long flight, so go easy on us). So we’ll shoot for the 2nd or the 3rd for the awesome meet up.

The second update is I’m currently, as I’m typing this, in discussion about where the second major leg will take place. Right now, it’s looking like Georgia for a few days!
After that, we’re going to Florida, and after that, to be revealed!
Get hype!

4 Likes

So it’s only a month away before I will be travelling to the large and varied states.
So I shall reveal the final two legs of our journey!

After spending some quality time in Florida, we shall be headed to Pennsylvania, but the outskirts. I will very likely attempt to make a pilgrimage across to Ohio or Pittsburgh or something I’m not sure, but over to visit @CarpeGuitarrem to play games, and maybe other people in the area.

After that we’ll be making a brief stop over in Minnesota (very brief) and then we’re off home again!

All in all it will be a whole month in America, so if you are in any of the places described and you like the idea of hanging out with this ugly mug (and my friend’s uglier mug) and playing some sweet sirlin games (or other games?) then post here!

To recap: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Georgia, Florida (mostly near Miami, but I might make a short trip to Fort Myers), Pennsylvania (with a potential trip West), Minnesota, off home!

2 Likes

Depending on the part of Pennsylvania I can theoretically offer suggestions of stuff to check out, even though I will not be around

We’ll play IYL finals IRL. Nice to know there’s another OG Yomi guy living here too

Oops, here comes another update!

So as it turns out, my friend in Minnesota won’t even be in Minnesota on the dates I was gonna visit! Instead, he’s in New York! So I will be probably making a brief detour to New York after all. How exciting!

Maybe I’ll make an event of it, if there’s enough interest. I’d love to play some Sirlin games with you fine fellows!

1 Like

Re-tagging some LA people (and some non-LA people) since we now have a tentative date! Right now, we’re looking at Sunday, March 3rd!

Come play some board games and hang out with some Australians!

@ClanNatioy @Zqxx @ratxt1 @Fivec @Alhazard @Hydro @MercyfulFate619 @Hobusu

2 Likes

Tagging some more folks who may or may not live around LA!

@Tallergeese @TheJTrain @EricF @Nashun

2 Likes

sounds fun to me brother

1 Like