I’ll be taking over for @zhavier for our Spring tournament (Codex Asynchronous SPring Swiss, or CAPS) , and as has recently become the trend here (I think we mixed it up for Fall) we will be alternating to a “nonstandard” format from CAWS (winter series which is near completion), thus the X in XCAPS.
A recent thread posted by @Marto has yielded a variety of good suggestions for alternate formats, and thus I will be putting them to a vote! Whether you plan to participate or simply spectate (please participate, it’s more fun with more players!), feel free to vote on what you feel would be a good format below!
I will leave this poll up until Wednesday March 6th, at which point I will start the sign-up and organization thread for the tournament (which will plan to start on Spring Equinox, Wednesday March 20th, probably around 10am US CDT aka UTC -5)
Which Tournament Type would you most like to see / play in? (check as many as you’d be equally happy with)
- Draft (players draft codex as a portion of each round, 1-2-2-1 specs)
- Driver, not Car (players enter a deck, play one of the decks entered at random, score for deck wins + player wins)
- Reverse Driver, nor Car (players enter a deck, play one of the decks entered at random, score for deck losses + player wins)
- “Re-Balance” (play with cards buffed/nerf based on some set of proposed changes similar to this)
- Random Map Card per round (removing a few of the problem maps)
- Random Decks (assigned each round, perhaps with 2 re-roll tokens allotted to each player for the whole tourney)