[Tournament] Rook's Rock 'n Rumble

neigutten vs @Kirandio 3-1

:onimaru: :psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:onimaru::pschip::psfist::argagarg:
:quince::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:quince::psfist::pschip::jaina:

Opening hand with Onimaru was two 5s, so Setsuki was starting with 40 life in a way. I ended up only being 1 big combo away from dying anyway.

The Arargarg match went as it was supposed to, I did manage to land a J+J, and a throw, but yeah.

After a minute on character select I ended up choosing the chancellor. Arargarg spent a lot of time on a low hand size, which meant my 3 K’s could do work.

Then I had some good reads on the Jaina match, particularly proud of the Unstable power -> “counter” with Tax on attack and then win throw vs throw.

Anyways, I think we where both a bit rusty, but very fun to play again ^^ @Phrawger

4 Likes

Castanietzsche vs @flagrantangles
3 - 2
:zane::psfist::pschip::quince:
:zane::pschip::psfist::quince:
:geiger::pschip::psfist::quince:
:zane::psfist::pschip::quince:
:zane::psfist::pschip::gwen:

Wow really stressing games, thanks for the matchs !

4 Likes

thehug0naut vs @Twenty-Seven

:jaina::psfist::pschip::menelker:
:jaina::pschip::psfist::menelker:
:jaina::pschip::psfist::menelker:

thehug0naut wins 3-2!

Mean-elker is very scary, but thankfully Jaina only needs to unload about 2.5 times on average to thoroughly murderize him. That and I enjoy punching DSD in the face and Twenty-Seven was obliging.

Awesome fun games Twenty-Seven, you are a blast to play against. Best of luck in the rest of the tourney!

6 Likes

I only just noticed :psyduck:, but the Track/B-Side Track brackets on the challonge is an awesome idea @Phrawger. Love it :heart:

5 Likes

What exactly is the “Disguised Monkey” icon? Are people aware that it’s supposed to be DeGrey? It looks the most like another Onimaru to me, personally.

BTW, Bob, I’d like to sign up for your oblivion tournament tomorrow.

2 Likes

If you haven’t played codex or seen the full art, let me tell you.
The disguised monkey is disguised as degrey. It became a codex meme. Now it’s an fs meme!
Er… Sg meme

Bomber678 - lettucemode (dark me)
3-1

:rook::pscrash::pschip::grave: Hit him with da BUSTAAHH
:rook::pscrash::pschip::grave: Threaten bustah but run out of throws using rock armour. Finally draw some and checkmate his HAAAAND with AA
:rook::pschip::pscrash::grave: I joker a TPoS then get thrown a bit then try to throw and die
:rook::pscrash::pschip::grave: Entangled a TPoS and lethal from 10J8.

I dodged all the tea.
GGs my dude. Light prevails today. You’re still better at Codex though…

Sorry Froggy I didn’t get knocked out this round. Maybe next?

5 Likes

Zqxx v @Djister
3-0

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::rook:

Good games! Many a Buster were thrown out, but the fish slipped away every time.

4 Likes

Well played, @Zqxx! :+1: Good luck with the rest of the tournament! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 - 2 Vel

:grave: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki:
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

the tilt was super real by game 3, but managed to somehow pull it out

ggs Vel

6 Likes

Hey folks, sorry for the third round delay, I gave a couple small extensions for acceptable reasons (man’s computer nearly melted, you guys) and I’m also a bit sick, so I’m going to get the conversations sent out tomorrow. If you know your opponent (and if you don’t, you can) feel free to start up the conversation yourself, just make sure to CC me in.

The next round of fights will be due next Tuesday, October 4th. For those of you on the B-Side, I’d appreciate if as many of you as possible could squeeze in two matches this week. B-Side Track 3 doesn’t require any more A-Side matches to be completed to play, so if you can get that round done as well we won’t have anybody waiting around for matches. I realize scheduling a second match midweek might be tough so I’m not requiring it, but I’ll send out conversations for B-Side Track 3 as soon as both participants are known.

Thanks for rockin’ everybody. TL;DR: Convos out tomorrow, matches due August 4th.

4 Likes

It was very exciting. Grave too stronk. :arrow_down::arrow_lower_right::arrow_right::arrow_down::arrow_lower_right::arrow_right::psfist:

4 Likes

I’m a little salty that I missed watching your comeback :disappointed_relieved: Why must the human body require nourishment such that I needed to leave for dinner? Truly, the condition of having a corporeal body is one of great trials.

5 Likes

tfw the TO gives you 11 months to play a match

3 Likes

DID I MENTION I WAS ILL? BECAUSE HOO BOY, THAT’S WORKIN OUT GREAT FOR ME RIGHT NOW

Next round of matches is due OCTOBER 4th. This coming Tuesday. Goodness gracious.

4 Likes

i hope this ends up being made into a video because on video salt is best kind of salt

1 Like

It’s the whole reason I added a face-cam. :wink:

3 Likes

Now I know. I did always wonder what that was supposed to be. Probs shouldn’t assume everyone plays Codex and knows what that means.

Which bit?

I never knew which character the monkey icon was supposed to represent in match reports. Anyone who hasn’t played Codex wouldn’t know.

1 Like