:codextroq: O O O X X X :codexsetsuki::codextroq::codexsetsuki:

Ggs

2 Likes

Bob199 wins 3-1 vs. Vel.

:zane::pschip::psfist::setsuki:
:troq::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:troq::psfist::pschip::troq:
:troq::psfist::pschip::setsuki:

I got Setsuki’s engine running in the first game, but Bob showed me his Troq and went to work. There were some exciting reads in the last game, but I could only delay the Troquening!

Thanks, Bob!

3 Likes

Hey gang! Track 1 is waiting on one more match to be resolved (these things happen) but I’ll be sending out the Track 2 and B-Side Track 1 scheduling messages shortly. Due date for these rounds will be next Sunday, September 25th. As always, if you have any trouble getting a match scheduled please inform myself and your opponent and we can work something out. Keep on rockin’!

5 Likes

The final Track 1 match has been amicably resolved. Last few conversations will be sent shortly.

Not so amicably resolved for poor old Fivec, alternate #1.

3 Likes

Don’t worry. You’ll beat that Gaga someday.
:sob:

BSIDE TRACK 1

GRAG 3>scymrian 0

Rook > Oni
Rook > Geiger
Rook > Geiger

Rook Rocks On: scym scrubs out. ggs!

4 Likes

Bob199 3:2 Southpaw Hare

:codexsetsuki: X O :codexonimaru:
:codexargagarg: O X :codexonimaru:
:codexargagarg: X O :gloria:
:codexzane: OO XX :gloria::disguisedmonkey:

ggs

2 Likes

These were some EXTREMELY EXCITING GAMES and @mysticjuicer would be proud

2 Likes

UtraLaw vs Snoc
3-2

:lum::psfist::pschip::setsuki: Won with a 10 card full house while Set was knock down (also got my first 21 with blackjack a good feeling indeed)
:lum::pschip::psfist::setsuki: Very close game ending with both below 10 health and me playing a 7 to try and catch 2 aces in a 6 card hand.
:valerie::pschip::psfist::setsuki: i got blown up not even close
:chibionimaru::psfist::pschip::setsuki: Got some attached Aces in and face card my way to victory
:chibionimaru::psfist::pschip::setsuki: had like 3 Final authority card the whole game and play the waiting game for my face cards to win combat.

unfortunately snoc had some werid hand draws with Set today and the Oni vs Set MU didn’t help and i was able to sneak in some wins. GGS snoc!

3 Likes

After seeing you win another game 5, I had a thought about clutch stats. I would like to see players win records in deciding games. I think yours is well above average.

It’s been basically proven, in baseball at least, that “clutch” doesn’t actually exist. Players are mathematically expected to do as well in high-pressure situations as they are in low-pressure situations on average.

Those are professionals, though. I would wager that it’s a different story among amateur sports.

I follow basketball. There was a long debate about Kobe Bryant’s clutch performance. He actually shot below average on clutch shots. The definition of a clutch shot was something like a shot with less than five seconds remaining. (Can’t remember exactly) His performance could be explained by the degree of difficulty. Everybody on the court knew that he was taking the shot. Therefore, he not only had the pressure of the shot, but often had to shoot over multiple defenders.

I don’t think that it was ever proven in basketball that clutch performance did exist or not exist. For example, Michael Jordan was slightly above average during his career, so you had players on both sides of the league average shot. The only consensus was that players shoot worse in the clutch because there are more isolation plays in the clutch. Isolations tend to yield lower results. I am not sure if clutch performance actually exists in Yomi. It would be interesting to see the stats.

It is possible that more research has been done on clutch shooting, but I haven’t seen it.

Note: I am not asking anyone to take on the task of tracking clutch stats. I am just bringing it up because it is interesting to me, but I don’t think I have the time to conduct the research.

5 Likes

@TeitoWolf Vs huhas
:grave::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:grave::psfist::pschip::valerie:
:grave::pschip::psfist::valerie:
:zane::psfist::pschip::valerie:

GG TeitoWolf! Well played, sorry I had so many Aces :laughing:

2 Likes

Recently it’s possible, but overall it’s about even, just look at my Topanda /SS records

B-Side, Track 1: @FaceOnMars vs. @variable

:codexsetsuki::pschip::pscrash::chibigloria:: After opening up with a reasonable block, I almost got too complacent against FaceOnMars’ potential pressure. Blocks are thrown - life totals are almost halved - and singular nouns get changed to plural in post. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not really sure how the healer did it, but they managed to get the ninja down to a convenient thirty-four health. The key from here on, for the ninja, is to not get hit… But the healer lands a throw amongst the scramble!
:chibivendetta::pschip::pscrash::chibigloria:: As the ninja disappeared, however, a strange zombie-ish doctor was standing near the Fox Den. Vendetta would not easily be dismissed, but one could say the same for Gloria! <3 The healer attempts to play around everything for a while, but then says, “That’s enough slow junk from ye… It’s time to whiff Sun & Moon!” And, verily, it gets dodged (in post, from what I recall). “At least that’s one of ye six Jokers gone,” I heard Gloria say… However, win conditions the healer could count on were rapidly leaving this plane of existence, as their life total got extra-dangerously low… Eventually the plan appeared to become: win via time-out, or tie via Overdose. Somehow, though, it’s neither. And an honest, actual, overkill deals fifteen lethal damages to the zombie doctor extraordinaire.
:chibivendetta::pschip::pscrash::chibigloria:: Sometimes ye just get dealt the nuts. 3710JKA o’ :hearts:s Joker is, uh, pretty solid. :flushed: (…Ye’d kinda think this potential would draw people to playing Gloria more often, but that doesn’t seem to be a thing.)

Sorry for the weird ending after the set, FaceOnMars!! Minus the last one, those were some really tense, close games. The second game in particular was a puzzler! It wasn’t clear who was going to win that one for a good, long while! (Gloria saw 50 cards!?! More replay steps than the other two games PUT TOGETHER?!?) Thanks for the games, and good luck in ye next event!!

variable wins, 3-0.

4 Likes

B-Side Track 1
Phrawger vs Request
3 - 2 myself

:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :grave: Not a matchup I’m super comfortable with, so already I’m set off balance. Threat of Q made me sweat because I didn’t see any until super late game after all of my dodges mysteriously vanished. Finally managed to get a Dragon Form going and sealed it.
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :zane: I’ll admit I don’t remember much about this game but that’s mostly because I got classically schooled.
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: Powered through, made some tough calls with the Walls. Of Vines. Notably, a C&D gave me the last 10 to seal the deal with Rock Armor just in case.
:rook: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki: I gazed into the vortex and it was beautiful. A few times was I able to rock armor through some stuff but in general I got Played.
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: Very nearly fell into the same fate as my Rook, but Glimpse ain’t no joke. Three times did I deal damage: one QJ+ and two AAs.

Great set Request, had some serious nailbiters in every game and you tossed me around like a champ in the games that you won. Looking forward to playing against you again elsewhere!

6 Likes

GEEGEES sir. I loved the fearless supers. Good luck with the rest of the tourney and see you on Steam!

3 Likes

sharpobject 3-0 MysticDeadman
:gloria::psfist::pschip::zane:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::zane:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::gwen:

good games!

4 Likes

Corro vs @Caralad 3-1

:chibimidori: :psfist::pschip: :gwen:
:midori: :pschip::psfist: :chibiargagarg:
:rook: :psfist::pschip: :argagarg:
:rook: :psfist::pschip: :troq:

Fun games all around, some stompings (Mid/arg, urg), some crushing, and a very close last match.

Thanks for playing!

2 Likes