[Tournament] Rook's Rock 'n Rumble

Oh man, I’m facing The @Djister?!

I guess the Buster is about to get

:sunglasses:

Busted.

:rook::rook::rook::rook:

3 Likes

It’s literally a picture of DeGrey. I don’t understand the confusion. And what monkey is everybody talking about?

:wink:

8 Likes

Mad King vs @Zejety

:geiger: > :bbb: - Take him down to 3, eventually go low on life running him out of dodges for AA checkmate
:geiger: > :bbb: - TD mixup established in G1 pays off for lethal throw combo!
:geiger: > :bbb: - Expect Gold Burst -> Throw and win the game off of the throw punish

Mad King wins 3-0!

GGs~

5 Likes

Castanietzsche vs @UTRALAW
3 - 1
:zane::psfist::pschip::valerie:
:zane::psfist::pschip::valerie:
:zane::pschip::psfist::valerie:
:setsuki::psfist::psfist::valerie: ----------------- :psyduck:
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::valerie:

Thanks for the games ! You had very few jokers but the last one worked kinda well lol
Very stressing games, you’re the best Valerie player I’ve met so far
Hand management is especially hard with her, but you always managed to do nice combos :slight_smile:
Good luck for the rest of the tournament !

5 Likes

B-Side Track 2

Djister vs. @neigutten

:rook: > :quince:
:rook: > :quince:
:rook: < :onimaru:
:rook: > :onimaru:

Djister wins 3-1!

GGs, my friend! I’m happy we got to face each other. You are a gentleman, good sir. :smiley:

4 Likes

You, dear sir, YOU are the gentleman AND a squire.

Your Rook is as strong as ever ^^

2 Likes

Bob199 3:1 Sharpobject

:codexzane: O X :gloria:
:codexzane: X O :codexgeiger:
:menelker: OO XX :codexgeiger:

ggs

3 Likes

GG’s @variable. Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the set. The first two games were so tense. Literally came down to the final plays. Last game, oh well. In true Vendetta fashion, I didn’t get cards I felt I needed when I needed them. @mysticjuicer 's “How to play out of a bad hand” is now on repeat.

On a side note, I excused myself from dinner with another couple to play the match. The guy, assuming I was playing poker, looked over my shoulder as I played on my laptop. He yells out, “What are you playing? Pokemon!” Me: “No it’s Yomi” Him: “Are you playing against a girl?!” Me: “No, he’s a guy. His fighter is a girl.” Him: “WTF!” Me: /polite smile/

You’re always a pleasure to play. Look forward to playing again but I get to win some next time!

I like Yomi

16 Likes

Bomber678 - Flagrant Angles
3-0

:rook::pscrash::pschip::quince: I started off strong then got #rused down to 2 life. We stared down at 2 life. Then I killed him.
:rook::pscrash::pschip::quince: He played some cards and I played some cards then I played some better cards and I killed him.
:rook::pscrash::pschip::geiger: Flagrant tries out the new strat of “Activate TD, block three turns, watch your opponent unravel”. I nearly killed myself of stress. However, I navigated THREE temporal distortions and won. Wall of Vines is a good move.

Fun games Mr. Angles, as always.

Sorry Phrawggy, still in it. I’ll try to lose next round, kay?

7 Likes

You’re a loose cannon, Bomber, but dammit, you get results.

7 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 - 0 snoc

:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :lum:

much closer games than the final score implies - ggs snoc

3 Likes

Footage vs @mysticjuicer

6 Likes

Twenty-Seven 3-2 @variable

:degrey::psfist::pschip::zane: Both of us got down to 1 hp and I won by topdecking the first K I saw all game
:degrey::pschip::psfist::zane: Turns out Zane beats Degrey
:onimaru::pschip::psfist::zane: I don’t know how to play oni what am I doing
:troq::psfist::pschip::zane: 20XX returns in full effect, I don’t feel too bad about it because he just played Zane all set :stuck_out_tongue:
:troq::psfist::pschip::zane: Engage hyuk

Good games again, variable!

4 Likes

Zejety beats the one and only @Phrawger 3-1
:gwen::knockdown::psfist::midori: Got a bit of a headstart but lost my cool toward the end with the clock ticking down and few Qs left.
:gwen::psfist::knockdown::midori: A lot of combat wins in this one. Went for higher damage combos this time, leading to lots of spagetthi combos.
:gwen::psfist::knockdown::rook: Game started well enough but I repeated my mistake of running low on Qs. Had a full hand for a long time with Gold Bursts as my only safe option against confirmed AAAA mixup, but all of my own Aces in hand. Awkward.
:gwen::psfist::knockdown::rook: Threw a LOT in this one. Dumped cards into inefficient combos to avoid the situation from game 3. The pressure paid off. :slight_smile:

GGs all around.

4 Likes

Mad King vs @Zqxx

:geiger: < :vendetta: - Don’t adapt, die
:valerie: < :vendetta: - See above, mash a bit too hard and lose
:geiger: > :vendetta: - Oops TD killed you
:geiger: > :vendetta: - Oops TD killed you again
:geiger: > :vendetta: - Strong early aggression, then go low but run Ven mostly out of dodges with high-value attacks left in hand

Mad King wins 3-2!

GGs~

4 Likes

This set was a roller coaster of emotions. I will admit I was feeling pretty confident after Game 2 :sweat_smile:. Games 3 and 4 put me in my place, though, and they were made particularly painful by a lack of Acrobatics, which is a major contributor to me dying to TD. However, Game 4 also just had some spectacular bad choices on my part.

Even though I ended up losing, I’m still pleased I managed to turn Game 5 from what seemed like a blowout into a near win.

Good games! Best of luck in the rest of the tourney~

4 Likes

Track 4 and B-Side Track 3 matches have been sent out. Due date for these matches is Tuesday, October 11th.

We had a lot of people drop this round for various reasons; if you have any questions regarding the bracket as it stands, you can PM me.

Folks: try to schedule early so that if anything goes wrong, you have the chance to schedule another time. If you can’t figure out a suitable time for the both of you, please let me know ASAP so I can negotiate an extension or help you out. Help me help you by scheduling your matches and making them on time. I don’t want to DQ ya any more than you’d like to be DQ’d, and despite the bye I’m sure your opponent would really like to play some Yomi to advance. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hey did you notice : my prediction has the best score with 29, and all other predictions’ scores are below :slight_smile:

All other 7 ones did bet on my defeat on Track 1 !
For the next tourneys, you’ll know who to bet on lol :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Bomber678 - mysticjuicer
3-1

:rook::pscrash::pschip::grave: I do somethings then Stone Wall a TPoS. Never raw TPoS without protection, kids!
:rook::pschip::pscrash::geiger: I play ok here but then I get very low, then I get killed by surprise secret aces
:rook::pscrash::pschip::geiger: I play very well here and drop Juicer down to 25, then start getting hit. Then I say “Stuff you!” to TD and Ace him in the Face. Everyone knows the Face is the Place. #SMRook
:rook::pscrash::pschip::geiger: I play the early game like a boss. Like mmmmm. I get him down 39 life before he hits me, then put him below 50. Then I run CMB into a 2 attack. Then the game goes downhill for me. I lose 40 life to aces and 20 to a time stop combo. I end up at 4 life, to his 18. The next five turns were some of the most stressful in my life. But I did it!

… I did it. DAMMIT!
SOMEONE BEAT ME! I’M GOING TO BRITAIN NEXT WEEK! I NEED TO LOSE!

5 Likes

you had your chance

EVERYONE LOSE TO BOMBER OKAY?

3 Likes