[Tournament] IYL9 - Ongoing!

I have some big projects coming up. I will be dropping from tournament.

2 Likes

mastrblastr 3 - 0 @flagrantangles
:zane: > > > :geiger:
all games were very close game 2 was extremely close to deckout game 1 flagrant blocked my turn 3 anarchy.
GGs!

5 Likes

ed 3-1 @mastrblastr
:bbb: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

Yeah, I gotta stop trying BBB to start these.

4 Likes

cpat 3-1 @Cypher
:zane: < :grave: - Somewhat close game all things considered with two whiffed Anarchies and one Blue Bursted TPoS, however I was outplayed nonetheless. But what if instead of Zane, I picked a character where I have to think even less?
:degrey: > :grave: - Nearly a one-sided victory for me, but I got hit with TPoS late and this ended up being a close game. Closed it out with a classic TR attack into dodge. Also in a hilarious moment, I accidentally played a TR at full HP and Cypher countered it out of instinct.
:degrey: > :geiger: - Nearly a perfect, as DeGrey rolled over a Geiger who is unable to draw faces and Aces.
:degrey: > :persephone: - Unfortunately, Persephone was unable to win that one key combat that would really get the snowball going and DeGrey escaped the vortex with timely 7 and K draws.

Fun set, GGs. Always a pleasure to play you, and not often do I counterpick off the Grave-Zane matchup when it is offered to me.

4 Likes

ArthurWynne vs @Caralad

:geiger: :psfist: :knockdown: :geiger:
:geiger: :psfist: :knockdown: :troq:
:geiger: :knockdown::psfist: :troq:
:geiger: :psfist: :knockdown: :troq:

No detailed write-up today, I’m going out to enjoy the sunlight. Would be interested to hear Caralad’s perspective on the matches though.

Final result: 3-1 to ArthurWynne

2 Likes

I was looking through the Challonge, and I’m pretty sure almost every remaining round I have is someone ranked above me.

Spooky :chibidegrey:

flagrantangles wins 3-0 vs @_ed
:geiger::psfist::pschip::degrey:

2 Likes

Unofficial IYL9 Week 8 Rankings

Rank Name Match W-L Tiebreak Ws Game W-L WPCT
1 cpat 9-0 (6-0) 18-4 81.9
2 ArthurWynne 8-0 (5-0) 15-5 75.0
3 mastrblastr 8-1 (4-1) 13-5 72.2
4 Cypher 8-2 (5-2) 17-9 65.4
5 Ivan 5-3 (2-3) Nopethebard 11-10 52.4
6 Caralad 5-3 (2-3) _ed 10-11 47.6
7 _ed 7-3 (3-3) 11-13 45.8
8 Southpawhare 6-3 (3-3) 10-12 45.5
9 Nopethebard 4-3 (1-2) 5-8 38.5
10 flagrantangles 6-4 (3-4) 12-13 48.0
11 Zejety 5-4 (1-4) 9-14 39.1
12 Castanietzsche 4-5 (1-5) 11-17 39.3
13 CarpeGuitarrem 4-6 (0-6) 1-18 5.3
migohunter 2-2 7-8 46.7
CKR 2-2 8-10 44.4
vengefulpickle 1-1 4-5 44.4
TonyHole 0-0 0-0 0.0

Again, if you notice any mistakes, please let me know.

1 Like

mastrblastr 3 - 0 @Zejety
:valerie: > :bbb: BBB got to range t1 but I got out immediately with K color beating block. I escaped overdrive twice, blocking J and then throwing dodge, and then had a big hand and racked up big damage to quickly close.
:valerie: > :rook: T1 i hit with 4 card combo that only deals 19 rook RAs 567 , we both play low hand all game and have a very tense back and forth affair where I block silent AA near the end and then get a throw in for lethal combo. nailbiter of a game
:valerie: > :rook: another very close game but my A beats Rook’s raw 10 back to back turns where RA on that would have nearly killed me. the life and card swing from that lets me deal one more big combo while eating an RA that brings me very low but my K spam at the end beats his K spam.

GGs!

4 Likes

Just so people know, I’m likely to be without internet for maybe a week and a half from Friday. Get the keys to the new house then, and internet will be a short while coming.

5 Likes

Eyyyy! Congrats! New house new house!

2 Likes

Ivan VS Caralad - 3:1
:troq::pschip::psfist::quince:
:midori::psfist::pschip::quince:
:midori::psfist::pschip::lum:
:midori::psfist::pschip::geiger:
Ggs. I guess things around Caralad’s new house, consumed most of his psi-powers, and that helped a lot :wink:

7 Likes

Zejety vs @CarpeGuitarrem ends 3-0 in my favor.
All matches were :bbb: > :jaina:

First one was relatively one-sided after a couple early combat wins that lead to much damage and range. FInished with AAA.

Second game was much closer, coming down to the last combat. Carpe cleverly used a As to get out of range repeatedly. AAA is the decisive blow again!

The third opening combat was Extendor Grab versus 10 throw. :smiley:
After dodging through a couple Smoldering Emberes, the last game had us both in lethal range again, albeit at long range. After a couple turns of stare-down, Extendor Grab sealed the deal against a dodge

GGs!

4 Likes

cpat 3-0 flagrantangles
:zane: > :geiger: - Lots of early blocking from both sides until we both decided to throw a lot. Mine were faster so this went relatively well for me. C&D was also quite rude against Geiger.
:zane: > :geiger: - This time, I transitioned to throwing a little bit earlier than Geiger. By the midgame, I powered up for two Aces, had Anarchy in hand but decided to play that I didn’t, and then closed it out with the Anarchy.
:zane: > :geiger: - Both of us were punching air for a lot of this match. I let a couple facedowns go where I really should’ve followed up with something, but I was feeling particularly greedy this match. Relatively low damage combats meant that Zane was going through a lot of deck. With ten cards left, I decided that my “best” (and also most amusing) win condition was deckout, and so I pushed the game towards that with combat reveals that enabled Shenanigans, and I closed it out by ramming a K into AA and drawing my last card.

GGs!

4 Likes

@vengefulpickle
Should there be Week 10 conversations going out? Or am I mistaken?

Whoops! I forgot that the script isn’t automated anymore, and so it hasn’t been running even approximately daily. I’ll poke it tomorrow morning.

1 Like

@vengefulpickle you may need to forfeit me for some weeks, I will have no proper Internet until the 21st at earliest

_ed 3-1 SouthpawHare

:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb: Absolutely not used to fighting against BBB, for all the playing as him I do. Turns out he’s pretty scary when he can actually get to range. Won mostly on the back of him drawing exactly zero Extensor Grabs, giving me free reign to A dodge all day.
:degrey: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria: Oh god, what do I do in this matchup. Gloria gets set up and I watch my health bar trickle away. Not much to be done about it once the engine is online, though it was pretty close in the end.
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria: Another close one, luckily in my favor this time. P,CP never gets me there and it comes down to the last combat, hilariously while Gloria has all 4 Healing Spheres in play.
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria: A bit smoother of sailing thanks to the early game panning out in my favor. I don’t think Gloria has more than 8 cards in hand at any point, and spends the last handful of turns below 4. Not much to be done in that situation, though the whole game I was about two wrong guesses from falling very, very far behind.

Great games and great set Southpaw!

2 Likes

Zejety beats @Cypher 3-2
:bbb::knockdown::psfist::onimaru:
:bbb::psfist::knockdown::onimaru:
:bbb::psfist::knockdown::valerie:
:bbb::knockdown::psfist::grave:
:bbb::psfist::knockdown::grave:

First two rounds were both very one-sided. Felt satisfying to turn the tables after getting demolished round 1.
Three would have looked very different if I hadn’t jokered Val’s big 2xBS combo. :astonished:
In round 4, I commented we might have to take a break if the set takes much longer, then immediately ate a raw TPoS. That one was over quickly afterwards.
Last round ended with a SEVEN (!) Ace combat! Fully pumped Piston Hurricane vs. TPoS! Exciting!

GGs!

4 Likes

@Castanietzsche 3 - 2 @Ivan
:gwen::pschip::psfist::bbb:
:gwen::clock2::pschip::bbb:
:gwen::pschip::psfist::midori:
:bbb::psfist::pschip::midori:
:bbb::psfist::pschip::argagarg:

really close and fun games, ggs and thank you ! :grin:

4 Likes