[Tournament] IYL9 - Ongoing!

iyl_logo_gold_globe_disk

It’s time, ladies and gentlemen!

International Yomi League IX (IYL 9)

Challonge

Reply to this thread with an indication that you’re in! When we hit the signup deadline we will work quickly to get our finalized player list into their respective divisions. To do this, we will ask everyone who signed up what their preferred playtimes are and try to slot them that way. As a result, you might end up in a division that isn’t geographically uniform, but rather the times that players have chosen to play. Since we have a lot of United States players, we may ask some to take a less-preferred timeslot in order to even out the divisions. If you are willing to volunteer for an awkward play time, firstly MAKE SURE YOU ARE OKAY WITH IT and let us know.

Things may change in the rule set as time goes on: we will do our best to keep a changelog at the bottom of the post and let you know of any adjustments that have been made.

Mission Statement

IYL is a league for everybody; we want as many players to enjoy the thrill of competitive Yomi in a safe environment without fear of repercussions or not being able to fulfill the moderate time commitment it requires.

We do, however, reserve the right as Tournament Organizers to step in and resolve conflicts in any way we see fit after consulting advice from the rest of the team. We aim to stop collusion and toxicity whenever possible, and there is really no good ruleset to mitigate those things. If anything, creating a specified ruleset only invites degenerate behavior as a toxic player now has guidelines for how not to get banned but still push the envelope as far as possible. It’s not an easy thing and it’s not set in stone; but we promise to be as public and fair about our decisions and rulings as possible. Hype Yomi is what we’re after; not power-tripping on the internet.

IYL is for all skill-levels of players, ESPECIALLY those who are new to the game. Don’t be intimidated by the length of the event or of the caliber of player you see signing up! The weekly format gives you plenty of time to ask us local pros at the country club for matchup specific tactics and giving you a punching bag to train against. The point of IYL is to create a casual-competitive environment for improvement.

RULES CHANGES

None yet.

League Rules
  • Players will be split into roughly equal divisions in conferences, based mostly on time zones
  • The season will then be a round robin in each division
  • After the round robin finishes, play in matches for playoffs will begin the week after
  • Once the play in matches are complete, playoffs will begin
  • The winners of the playoff conferences will fight in the Yomi Bowl!
Playoff Qualification Rules
  • Playoffs will be seeded based upon season win percentage and tiebreakers
  • Tiebreakers will be in the following order: head to head, individual game win percentage
  • A one game playoff will break the tie, if necessary
  • The first player in each division will automatically qualify, and have a first round bye
  • The second player will also qualify, but will not have a bye
  • Each division will also have one more player qualify for playoffs, as decided by play in matches
  • To determine this, fourth and fifth place will play, then the winner of that match will play third place
  • Whoever wins out of these three players qualifies for playoffs

The actual divisional breakdown and playoff picture will depend ENTIRELY on the amount of signups/player retention in order to provide the best league experience.

Match Rules
  • Medium timer
  • Spectators can see hands is recommended off, can be on if both players agree
  • Rules enforced
  • Double Blind character selection for the first game
  • Standard Counterpick rules (Loser of last game may pick a different character, winner is locked to the same character)
  • No random character select (you may randomly pick your character, but you cannot declare “Random” as your character, and proceed to randomly switch your character after games you win)
  • Players are allowed one five minute break and three pause of thirty seconds or less, unless both players agree to allow it. Violations will result in a forfeit
  • A double K.O. results in a replay, with no win or loss to either player
  • In the event of a server crash, that individual match or round will not count and must be replayed
  • Regular season matches are best-of-5. Playoff matches are best-of-7.
Other Rules
  • Results of your matches will be reported in your respective group thread
  • Match results must be posted in the thread by Sun @ 11:59 pm GMT of the following week (you have two weeks to play each match)
  • On the last week of the season, as well as the playoffs, the match results must be posted by Sun @ 11:59 pm GMT of the same week the match was scheduled
  • Players that no-show twice in same week automatically forfeit
  • Habitual no-shows will result in forfeits. This will be determined by a TO
  • Ties are calculated as half a win and half a loss and will have a 0-0 individual match record
  • Players that forfeit more than one match or tie more than two matches during the season will forfeit the remainder of the season

NB: RULES LISTED HERE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

If you haven’t already, please follow us on Twitter! Matches will also be posted to the IYL Calendar on Google Calendar.

Signups (17)
  1. vengefulpickle
  2. Nopethebard (4p-5p EST)
  3. ArthurWynne
  4. Ivan
  5. Caralad
  6. TonyHole
  7. Castanietzsche
    8. mysticjuicer
  8. migohunter (PST)
  9. mastrblastr
  10. CarpeGuitarrem (EST)
  11. Cypher
  12. flagrantangles
  13. SouthpawHare
  14. _ed (1200-1600 EST)
  15. cpat
  16. CKR (6p-10p EST)
  17. Zejety
6 Likes

I’m in. LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
In a bit over a month.

5 Likes

Can’t say no to IYL!

6 Likes

Sign me in, pls.

EDIT:
My timezone is UTC+2.
Preferable time - around 8.00 - 9.00 pm UTC.

5 Likes

Can I finally make an IYL Final? Find out next time, on Dragonball Z.

Also in

5 Likes

You have my sword!

(And my signup)

5 Likes

I’m in ! :grin:

3 Likes

Sure, I’ll dip my toes back in for IYL!

5 Likes

I’ve come to defend my title so I better see a lot of strong competition.

Signing up :v:

6 Likes

can’t disappoint migo. i’m in

5 Likes

Actually, sorry, I think I should back out of this. I’ve been having second throughs, and I’d rather not quit after it’s started.

6 Likes

Maybe you can show up as the secret boss after the winner is decided, like Akuma except with better fashion sense.

6 Likes

Swagkuma the Master of Mystui no Juice

3 Likes

To unlock him, throughout IYL the winner must perform 3 perfect rounds, not drop a set, and finish a round with an A move 10 times.

5 Likes

This one-off dumb joke I made is growing to the point where I want someone to make a custom Yomi fighter of mysticjuicer now, haha!

4 Likes

Put me down, time to throw down again!

5 Likes

It’s been a long time since my last IYL. I’m in!

5 Likes

Begin the mast pingage, by frequence of IYL attendance!

First off, the diehards, who have been in all four of the forum-hosted IYLs:
@CKR
@flagrantangles
@Hobusu
@snoc
@SouthpawHare
@MR75

2 Likes

The consistent, three of four IYLs:

@ClanNatioy
@Fluffiness
@GutterOwl