[Tournament] eXperimental Codex Asynchronous Fall Round Robin 2021 (XCAFRR21): Mono Color Six Shooter!

Yes please, gives you a place to coordinate expected start time and cadence, lets me know you’re on top of your games :slight_smile:

Reminder to everyone you should be finished with your Pod 1 matches and starting your Pod 2 matches to keep pace of play.

@Juan_Enriquez we need you to come back or let folks know you’re unable to continue. I will have to adjudicate by next week if we don’t hear anything.

If that happens, I’ll be in a group against just FrozenStorm and zhavier :cold_sweat:

That is accurate and would be unfortunate, given the other group had 5

The groups are somewhat irrelevant, we could reorganize due to drop outs.

If you have a clear path forward to re-organize that in an equitable way I’m all ears, I don’t really have the time to work out how that would work

Juan’s games are turn-balanced in each pod, so we could squash the involved games together to make sure we still get to play all six colours. That does give us a lot to do.

2 Likes

@charnel_mouse @zhavier if we don’t hear from @Juan_Enriquez in the next 24 hours, I will throw out Juan’s games & rematch the three of us to get us to 6 games each. It’ll be a little shuffling but we can manage it

Okay here’s a re-roll of Group B’s Juan matches between the three of us:

Group B Pod 4

1. [XCAFRR21] Pod4 zhavier [Truth/Peace]/Finesse vs FrozenStorm Purple
  2. [XCAFRR21] Pod4 FrozenStorm Red vs charnel_mouse Black
  3. [XCAFRR21] Pod4 charnel_mouse White vs zhavier White

this should still give us games on all six decks, LMK if I made a mistake though!

In terms of seeding the next round, I’m open to either

1. keeping it two players from each group, or
  2. Taking the #2 from Group B and the #3 from Group C and having a play-in game

So it isn’t just “well group B had three players, not fair two went to finals”

LMK your thoughts

2 Likes

I’m the newbie, so I might miss a point here, but I don’t think it’s likely that group B second place will end up with only two victories. And I think in group A four victories are enough to be qualified. So all comes down to “are you qualified after scoring three victories?”
In group B that’s definitely the case, in group A it might not be the case.
How about doing this play-in game only exactly if those two both have the same number of victories?

And if you choose to do it differently: I’m perfectly fine with that, sometimes life is just not fair and we definitely are not in a situation where you can achieve fairness as doing a play-in is unfair for the one finishing in second in group B, not doing a play-in might come with an unfair feeling for others…

1 Like

Friendly reminder to everyone that you should be wrapped on your Pod2 games and starting your Pod3 games! Pace of play has generally been good, keep it up!

1 Like

Hey @FrozenStorm , did you already make up your mind about how to proceed with regards to this might-happen play in game (no pressure intended)? If I’m not mistaken it might even come to the point, that group A ends up with three people tied for the third place with two victories and group B also ending up with a tied second place with two victories… Crazy!

1 Like

I have not given it much thought tbh, work has been busy and occupying a lot of brain space.

The more than half the field tied thing makes it complicated though! Not totally sure how to handle that. Probably a mini bracket elim. Let’s finish the last two matches and figure it out from there

2 Likes

How have people been finding the modified Blackhand Scourge? (Or “Black Bash”, as I’ve been recording it under.)

The garth and orpal show is pretty strong IMO, a little more one dimensional than standard Black but still perhaps the best mono (red is close). I may have the only loss on it (and zhav had a dream draw sequence to do it :wink: ), did anyone else lose with it?

Dreamfire’s got two wins against it from Pod 1.

1 Like

To be fair, 4 of dreamfires 6 matches wer against black, and 1 of those was a mirror black match.

I got dumpstered by player 1 daymare, because of course

Well it is indeed looking like we will have our bottom 5 players all tied at 2-4. No real easy way to seed all of them other than a bracket, so I suggest either we:

1. Just do an eight player bracket, randomly seeding those 5 into the lower spots, or

2. Pick one of the five at random and seed a four player bracket as we planned

I don’t have a strong preference, any of y’all?

1 Like

How about going for route 2, but to let the number of victories in the first six games decide who goes as P1?