Rules Questions thread

Yes. If you cannot attack a thing in patrol, you can attack past it.

3 Likes

Does Community Service trigger Arrive abilities?

1 Like

Yes, it does.

3 Likes

Are patrolling invisible units targetable? They become attackable.

patrolling Invisible things are not targetable.

2 Likes

Is it possible to attach Final Showdown twice on Midori to get the effect twice ? :slight_smile:

It’s impossible to do it for Spirit of the Panda right ?

Final Showdown can be attached twice and all the effects except Readiness stack (your opponent will also have 4 hunters).

Why do you think you couldn’t attach two Spirit of the Pandas? The unit would have +4/+4 and would give 2 gold when attacking.

4 Likes

Ok thanks ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried searching the thread for this but didn’t come up with a result.

Is the following correct?

Opponent has 0 gold.
My Gunpoint Taxman trades with a hero in the Scavenger slot (so they both die).
As active player I can choose that the scavenger bonus happens first.
Gunpoint Taxman steals the gold my opponent just received.

2 Likes

Yes, that is correct.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot!

It seems strange that dying could happen before killing…

1 Like

Dying and killing are always simultaneous, I think… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A fate worse than death.

5 Likes

dude, there is the seacrh function, so is p quick :wink:

How is this situation notably different from how shadow blade operates?

The current rule is:

Shadow blade has two effects on the card, which must all happen before anything not on that card can happen.

Attacking requires everything “on the card of attacking” to resolve before anything related to the attack can happen (so, deal damage / tower / sparkshot / stuff goes to the discard pile)

So, if everything on Gunpoint Taxman has to resolve before other things, how does it steal the scavenger gold?

Everything on the “attack” as defined in the rulebook has to resolve. Gunpoint Taxman is a unit, not a spell or ability.

In other words:

There is no single ability/game action that says “exhaust Gunpoint Taxman, deal his ATK to something, deal that thing’s attack to Taxman. If that thing is a patroller who takes lethal damage, steal 1 gold from its controller”

The essential difference I think, is that Shadow Blade is not what the rules call a ‘triggered ability’, whereas Gunpoint Taxman is. When multiple triggered abilities activate at the same time, the active player chooses what order they are added to the effect queue, but this doesn’t apply to Shadow Blade.

Rules Q from me: One of my heroes dies on my turn. My Opponent has a level 6 Garth, and a level 1 Vandy. Can I choose to give Garth the levels (he can only level up once) or do I have to choose Vandy? The rules say that I ‘can only choose a hero that actually can level up’, which Garth technically can, but can’t benefit from both levels. Any ideas?

2 Likes