Rules Questions thread

Forgotten fighter doesn’t care about how much a unit costs, just its power and tech level

Why do you reference 5 frogs when the only spell that makes them makes 4?

I think that might be the number of Frog Token cards the game ships with (but I don’t have my set in front of me, so don’t quote me on that).

it’s merely an example :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help :smiley:

Hi !
I’ve a question :
If a Crash Bomber is mirrored, does the mirrored Crash Bomber’s abilitie triggers if the original Crash Bomber dies ?

More general : do a trashed unit die ?

No to both questions. A unit only “dies” if it goes directly from play to a discard pile, so if they’re trashed from play, they don’t die. :slight_smile:

So a token never triggers the die effect ?
Because tokens never go to the discard pile

Trash does not trigger “dies” effects by itself. Things that can be trashed: Tokens, Prynn’s Maxband, Geiger’s Maxband and Hardened Mox. Anything that is simply trashed do not trigger “dies” effects. Tokens can die normally though, they just get trashed after they have left play.

3 Likes

Tokens can die. Tokens do actually go to the discard pile if they’re sacrificed or killed, but then they’re trashed immediately because they left play.

3 Likes

Does Quince’s Free Speech stop Cinderblast Dragon and/or Guargum, The Eternal Sentinel from casting spells?

Hi Community here is my quick rules book.
It contains a glossary and some crucial official rulings.

The intended purpose is to give this to new players or keep by you when you play (in case you’re new like me and need a quick reference).

Hope you like it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17900260/CodexRulesSummarySheet_ver1.2.pdf

1 Like

No.
Free Speech: “that player’s heroes. …”

3 Likes

Hello there!

Quick question : it seems silly but I was unable to find the answer to that…
So, when are heroes’ abilities played when they switched levels ?
For instance, take Zane or Onimaru’s Max level abilities. Can you use them only when you reach max level ? Or is it a recurring effect ?

thanks !

1 Like

If the ability reads “Max Level:” then it triggers immediately when the character reaches Max Level, and only when that happens. You can’t activate it any other way.

Abilities that have a cost associated with them, such as “Pay 1 gold” or “Exhaust” you can do as many times as you want, as long as you can pay the cost (and obey any other rules stated).

2 Likes

Hi ! A little question here :
Can I re-summon a hero directly after him having been Origin Storied by my opponent ?

[quote]
When your hero dies, it returns to your command zone and loses any levels gained. It loses all othermodifiers such as +1/+1 runes, too. You can’t re-summon it until after your next turn. (You might turn it face down for a turn to help remember that.)[/quote]

I suppose that I can but I’m not 100% sure

yes u can, since he did not die, nor there is an effect preventing his return like in snapb

3 Likes

You can even Origin Story your own hero, and then resummon it the same turn :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can i get clarification on how Promise of Payment works on cards with boost.

1 Like

Interesting question from the boardgamegeek.com forums that I haven’t seen here before:
Wandering Mimic | Codex: Card-Time Strategy – Deluxe Set

If a flier is out along with 2 copies of Wandering Mimic, and the flier dies, do the Wandering Mimics lose flying? Strictly reading the cards, I don’t know why they would. On the other hand, the memory aspect of what abilities the Mimics have might be a bit much to keep track of.