Rules Questions thread

Edit: cant delete post on cellphone.

ok I fixed this on the spreadsheet to not say “Weakest”

3 Likes

Does Martial Mastery go to discard before or after reshuffling the deck?

After reshuffling.

1 Like

That’s what I expected. Thanks!

as rule of the thumb, a card goes to disc only after its complete resolution. So u disc one, draw 2 watch at the hand then u discard MM. SAme reason u first discard and then draw when a shadow blade kills ur technician.

2 Likes

i have a question regarding disbale. If i disable a unit one turn then disable it again next turn will it be effectively diasbled for 2 turns? or does it not affect it the 2nd time?

Any time you disable a unit, it is disabled.
You can’t “stack” disables though. If you tried to disable something twice in one turn, it’s still only disabled once.

1 Like

ah so if my friend uses
Octavian
Unit — Behemoth • Cost: 8 • ATK: 8 • HP: 8
⑧, :arrow_heading_down: → Ready Octavian and disable up to eight units and/or heroes. (Exhaust them and they don’t ready during their next ready step. Sideline them if they were patrolling.)
Purple • Present Tech III

on one turn he can do it again next turn even tho all my stuff is disabled? would that disable them for that next turn, which in turn would make me loose 2 turns. Or since it be stacking as that unit is disabled already it woudl not?

yes, he can use that the next turn keeping stuff disabled eternally

1 Like

His turn: Octavian is used - 8 of your units become exhausted, they do not ready on your next turn
Your turn: your units do not ready, but will ready next turn
His turn: Octavian is used again - 8 of your units (even if they are already exhausted) will not ready on your next turn
Your turn: your units do not ready, but will ready next turn
etc.

3 Likes

cuz now ur stuff is simply exhausted, not disabled. Like u can use injuction on the same building for consecutive turns.

It’s worth noting that “disabled” is a special version of “exhausted,” rather than a completely separate thing. So to answer the question clearly, yes you can disable units two turns in a row, but disabling anything multiple times in the same turn is useless.

2 Likes

You might do it to a Rampaging Elephant (who would re-ready immidiately after the first Disable, if it had been ready at the start of your turn

2 Likes

Hi. This is a great game and we’re really enjoying it.

Q: if you don’t have any units to sacrifice, does sacrifice the weak work? Will your opponent still have to sac a unit?

Thank you in advance.

It doesn’t say “if you did,” so you Do Everything You Can. In other words: yeah, even if you have no units to sacrifice, the “each player” part still happens.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve just seen You Tube videos were it looks like the players are creating tokens to be sacrificed for the spell.

They may have preferred the token death to another unit dying. If there isn’t any other unit, it might be Doom Grasp they’re using, not Sacrifice the Weak.

1 Like

Question that arose in my game with @Shax; I maxband Vandy and target his Hardened Mox. Can he patrol it in technician so that, when it would die during my turn, he draws a card?

I don’t think he’d get the Technician bonus, because Indestructible prevents dying. The Hardened Mox would just be exhausted, cleared of damage/attachments, and sidelined instead.

(It’s not just about the wording of Indestructible, btw - dying in Codex means going directly from play to the discard pile. If that doesn’t happen, the thing in question did not die.)

1 Like