In a separate thread, there seems to be interest in getting an IYL run this year. I figured I’d make this thread to put in the thoughts I had about things that need to happen to make it go, so that others can chime in (or take it over, if they want to run it).
So, miscellaneous TODO:
- Get access to https://iyl.challonge.com, and create a place for people to sign up
- @Leontes, do you own that organization? I saw that you created at least one of the tournaments for IYL4.
- Decide on a time frame that won’t conflict horribly w/ other running tournaments
- Post to the SirlinGames forum (use this as the signup thread?)
- Post to http://mssanctuary.boards.net/board/4/yomi
- Post to Reddit
- Get retweeted by the SirlinGames Twitter account (?)
- Get onto the SirlinGames Events page
- Post (multiple times?) to the SirlinGames #Yomi discord
- Post inside the Steam chat
- Make a google calendar to put matches onto so that interested parties can find out when they are happening
- Set up a page with the embedded IYL calendar on it for easy linking
Make a twitter account for tweeting IYL things to spread the word (?)
- Follow @IntlYomiLeague on Twitter!
- Auto-tweet about upcoming IYL matches that are on the calendar
- Create a bitly short-link for the IYL signup page
- Fund a pot (?) (It seems like there was no pot for IYL4, but many of the current tournaments do have a prize pool)
I’m sure there are lots of things I’m missing, so chime in!