:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :lum:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

ggs vengefulpickle

5 Likes

Hobusu vs @Nopethebard

:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:setsuki: :pschip: :psfist: :rook:
:chibisetsuki: :pschip: :pscrash: :rook: PERFECT!
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:

Final Score: Hobusu 3 – Nopethebard 2
Hobusu wins

A fun set! Highlights include the Rook Perfect and immediate turn 1 Pilebunker Tyrant Crusher to beat turn 1 Windmill Crusher in the first DeGrey game. Thanks to @mysticjuicer recording our match, the question of which of his videos to link this time is easily solved!

6 Likes

migohunter vs @Hobusu

:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:

This was probably the funnest set (and one of the funnest matchups in the game) I’ve played in IYL so far, with a ton of super interesting tech from both sides. Tax and TR setups aplenty, and taking advantage of card reveals. I’ll post my POV video later, come watch if you like to see some spicy mindgames!

4 Likes

vengefulpickle vs @CarpeGuitarrem
3 - 2

:zane::psfist::pschip::zane: A casual 30ish life in two combats started this off nicely for me
:zane::pschip::psfist::onimaru: Orange Rook Bonks Purple Maniac. News at 11
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::onimaru: The classic counterpick is not entirely smooth sailing, but poke/block gets the job done. Also, Oni having no KD on anything but Final Authority is really bad in this endgame.
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::zane: Purple Maniac Assaults Slimy Fish. Fish Squished In Ensuing Carnage.
:lum::psfist::pschip::zane: Only out-of-combat damage is from an A-dodge. Big normal straights do considerable work.

GGs, @CarpeGuitarrem. That was a really fun set.

4 Likes

Anarch Crusher into guaranteed mixup normal…what even is the Zane mirror.

2 Likes

Wakeup crashbomb into goonery, my friend. It’s the Zane mirror life

3 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 - 1 Nopethebard

:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :rook:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :lum:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:

super close matches! that game 1 opening was absolutely brutal. ggs

6 Likes

ohithere 3-2 @Accel

:chibijaina: :psfist: :pschip: :chibigwen:
:chibijaina: :pschip: :psfist: :chibigwen:
:chibijaina: :pschip: :psfist: :chibigwen:

Thanks to Accel for being understanding when I had something come up at work for what was supposed to be our 5pm start. Good games!

6 Likes

I can only hope my next opponent kills themselves with UP half as many times.

5 Likes

vengefulpickle vs @Djister
3 - 1
:lum::pschip::psfist::rook: @Djister clutches it out after several combats of hanging on at 7 - 4 life.
:lum::psfist::pschip::rook: My god, these games are long.
:lum::psfist::pschip::rook: Sooo, sooo long. So much blocking, so little damage, except when @Djister wallops me with CMBs. I do manage to get a sweet perfect 21 off a 4A 10, though. And my hand by the end was disgustingly full of Qs, Ks, and As.
:lum::psfist::pschip::rook: This games sees two successful 7s in the early turns, and again the buildup of Qs and Ks to pressure Rook out of every doing anything but blocking. I undercut some AAs in this match, which makes the final totals a bit more lopsided than the other 3.

My god, I don’t think I could have taken a 5th match, those were long, and stupid intense through the whole set. GGs, @Djister!

6 Likes

I played a really fun set against @undergroundmonorail tonight! :smiley: @mysticjuicer recorded it, so you guys might want to check that video out when it’s available before clicking on the results below.

Here are the results.

Djister vs. @undergroundmonorail

3-1

:rook: > :setsuki:
:rook: < :setsuki:

GGs monorail, and thanks for being so cheerful! I learned a lot from your positive attitude tonight. I’m very impressed and grateful. Thanks for the lesson! :smile:

5 Likes
more spoilers for djister v monorail

of course! win, lose, whatever, i got to play yomi :3

besides, no one can take that game 3 away from me :stuck_out_tongue: ggs!

6 Likes

migohunter vs @mysticjuicer

:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :zane: Lost to the final 50/50 on the K spin, pretty brutal
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: A+++ blue bursted, eat MA to the face, me no care
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: Gold burst bails me out while I’m KD and 8 HP, could make a comeback with it
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: Started out with two jokers but an awkward hand, could close it out after blocking MA and we were both at 40 ish HP

I’ll upload my POV later, but great games MJ. You had MA every game vs Jaina which is 100% the right way to play against her haha. Made me nervous the entire set :scream:

4 Likes

Round 8
Zqxx v @Hobusu
3–0

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::degrey:

First game was super intense and VERY close. I took a commanding lead at the beginning, with about a 50HP life lead, but two combos from Degrey melted my life bar, and we ended up at basically 10 health each for a nail-biting last couple combats. Well-played on both sides!

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::setsuki:

:argagarg: had no chill when it comes to laying the smack down on ninjas today. First turn, @hobsusu dodged, indicating to me that he had no good attacks in hand, so I started going in with lots of pokes and throws. This snowballed into a pretty big lead, with Bubble Shield going up three different times to get lots of free hex damage.

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::degrey:

Hobusu switches back to Degrey. Another strong showing from :argagarg:. A notable highlight of this game is me landing the 4-5-6 straight two turns consecutively, for a cool 30 damage and 2 aces in just 2 combats. Not bad for :argagarg:!

Good games! Thanks for the set.

4 Likes

ohithere 3 - 1 @vengefulpickle

:chibijaina: :psfist: :pschip: :chibilum:
:chibijaina: :pschip: :psfist: :chibilum:

My topdecking draw luck was pretty crazy here at key moments. Thanks for the fun games!

4 Likes

mastrblastr 3 - 1 @migohunter
:geiger: < :menelker: I really walked into this one. Got hit by 35 combo Turn 2 and another 35 combo shortly after. he had god hand but even if he didn’t i was fucked. Was just on wrong level.
:zane: > :menelker: Zane is a grappler and has a hand of 5555777. mono 0.0 throw is a good strat it turns out.
:zane: > :jaina: I dodge maybe 6 tiimes in a row all beating attacks. Nans gives nothing every time my hand is garbage, I keep pinging for 6-7 each combat win, barely close it out with 1 card hand
:zane: > :jaina: back and forth early game get Jaina to 55, raw K and power up for MA but its fake, only have the 3 aces. 9atk beats the 10throw during KD deal 24 and KD. Raw K is blocked, power up for 4th ace and I’m KD now, throw beats dodge.

great games migo as always.

5 Likes

Last game of the set, I should have stuck to near mono attack despite how it went game 3. My hand was all attacks and dodges but ironically the game only went south when the deck started giving me throws. Oh well, it is how it is.

2 Likes

I went against Carpeguitarrem. I’ll hide the results as Mystic Juicer covered the set.

Results

NopetheBard beats Carpeguitarrem 3-1
:chibirook: > :chibionimaru:
:chibirook: < :chibionimaru:
That last game had a successful CMB btw.

GGs @CarpeGuitarrem!

4 Likes
Spoilers for the set

Not just a successful CMB in that last game, a bonked CMB into a powerup and a CMB on the very next turn, with your callout! And then somehow I almost ran it back to steal the win. This set was wild

4 Likes

mastrblastr 3 - 0 @Nopethebard
:degrey: > :rook: x3
all games hard hitting big combos. Kept getting RA’d for 20+ Ended each game around 30hp, he had 1 card hand G3 went GB into GB and then I made a choice to NOT get CMB’d.

GGs!

4 Likes