Casual - robinz ([Blood]/Feral/Present) vs Legion ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy)

i wish :’(
no one has a clear adv so far, imo. now that the moment has passed, i want to tell u that letting all that stuff live, tho gave me a faster cycle than u, so my hands will prolly be better.

1 Like

True - but that works both ways. By not sacrificing my own weak units, I also improved my draws :slight_smile:

os Cala was the right choice, I probably would have gone worker and tower or float 3 (especially with anarchy and sharks in deck) and just built straight to tech 3

P1T6

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Shoddy Glider
Captured Bugblatter

STARTING HAND
Bombaster
Argonaut
Makeshift Rambaster
Shoddy Glider <- lucky technician draw

WORKERS
Bloodburn
Careless Musketeer
Scorch
Pillage

NextHand

Nautical Dog
Charge
Captured Bugblatter

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
draw 1 from Drakk’s death
Shoddy Glider - ($7)
Argonaut - ($4)
Calamandra - ($2)
Shoddy Glider kills Zane, you get 1 gold. Cal to level 3.
Makeshift Rambaster, does 3 damage to your base (now at 9) - ($0)
Shoddy Glider, being shoddy, falls apart at the end of my turn

Float ($0)
Discard 1, draw 2, reshuffle, draw 1

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Argonaut (3/4+1A, readiness, resist 1)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: lvl 3 Calamandra (3/4)
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Makeshift Rambaster (1/2, resist 1)
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 20
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Blood)

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 11
  • Disc: 0
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 8
Thoughts

Well that was a lucky break, getting my Glider from the technician draw (a 1/3 chance). It’s just a shame that Bombaster’s ability doesn’t work on patrolling heroes - otherwise I could use him to kill Zane, then use Glider+Rambaster to either take his base down to 6, or break his tech 2. I’m not sure which would have been better - but this play isn’t legal anyway. (I’m only talking about it because for a little while I thought it was!)

Since I can’t break his Tech 2, I have contented myself with simply picking off Zane and then hitting his base for 3 (I’m definitely going for the base if I can’t actually destroy the tech building). I’ve never gone for just hammering an opponent’s base before - it’s actually pretty fun. I still end up with 2 patrollers, and a Rambaster hanging around in the background. The latter is good, because it means that if he uses his Anarchy Tech 2 stuff to break my Tech 2 (quite likely), I still have a chance to do significant base damage. (Since he won’t have much of a patrol if he plays Monkeys and Lizzos.)

I just wish I had the cards and the gold to start affording workers. My deck is getting huge and my cycling has slowed to a crawl. It’s probably not really possible to fix that now - I’m just hoping to win the game before it really starts to matter! (But 9 HP is still a fair cushion for him if he can start to get board control, or get his Tech 3 up.)

P2T6 this does not look good :confused:

[details=Secrets]

Hand : maraud,fargo,cadet,neop,os
Tech: PG+mokeyl
Thoughts : [/details]

1. Get 8 Gold+scv(9), tech 2 cards
  2. Worker (8)
  3. FAding Argo (6)
  4. Oni (4)
  5. CAdet
  6. disc 2 draw 1 rs draw 3

[details=Secrets]

Workers : 5+plasmo+TS+mox
Discard : tink,sa,ffight,cm,tr
New Hand : maraud,fargo,cadet,neop,os[/details]

Board:

Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: F argo 3/3
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger: CAdet 3/2
  • :exhaust: Technician: Oni 2/3
  • :target: Lookout: nullc 1/1

In Play : Battle suits,

• Base : 9
  • Tech I: 5
  • Tech II Anarchy: 5
  • Discard : 7
  • Deck : 8
  • Workers : 9
  • Gold: 4
  • Hand : 4

Wow, must be some very bad draws for you. I’ve been a little lucky a few times in contrast - like getting Shoddy Glider from the technician draw last turn (1/3 chance).

I just realised that my Calamandra is currently 3/4, not 2/3. Does that change your turn at all?

nope hyjghf

P1T7

TECH
Crash Bomber
Behind the Ferns

STARTING HAND
Nautical Dog
Charge
Captured Bugblatter

WORKERS
Bloodburn
Careless Musketeer
Scorch
Pillage

NextHand

Shoddy Glider
Crashbarrow
Shoddy Glider

Discard

Charge
Crash Bomber
Behind the Ferns

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Capured Bugblatter - ($5)
Cal to Max - ($3)
Cal kills Fargo, taking 3 damage. Your base to 8.
Drakk - ($1)
Argonaut kills Oni, taking 2 damage. You draw 1, Drakk to level 3.
Nautical Dog - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 1, draw 3

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Argonaut (3/2+1A, readiness, resist 1)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: lvl 3 Drakk (1/3)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Nautical Dog (1/1, frenzy 1, resist 1)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Captured Bugblatter (4/2, resist 1)
  • max Calamandra (4/2)
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 20
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Deck: 8
  • Disc: 3
    [B]Gold:[/B]
Thoughts

I don’t know if I could have done better this turn. The best I could find in terms of direct base damage was to take it down to 3 (by casting Charge! on Bugblatter, trading off everything except my Argonaut and Calamandra and his Nullcraft, then doing 3 base damage with Rambaster) - BUT this involved sacrificing the Bugblatter as well as most of my board. If he can break my tech buildings and build up to tech 3 - the former extremely likely given how terrible his previous turn was - he would have every chance of coming back from the 20-3 base deficit. I think I’m better off doing as I have done, loading my patrol and keeping the Bugblatter alive to keep chipping away at that base, or force him to deal with it.

I think I basically win next turn unless he does “deal with it” - either with Prynn, or with his stealthy tech 2 options. In both cases the chances are he will leave my Tech 2 intact. Plus both of his stealth options will die to Bugblatter’s 4HP (although he does have Chaos Mirror…) - so that’s 2 more base damage there. And Drakk does 1 base damage if he dies too (and if he doesn’t I can get Frenzy 1 to everything next turn, or max him and give something haste). So, while I mustn’t be complacent, I feel like this is pretty close to being a win. I wonder why he hasn’t built Tech 3 yet (although had he done it last turn I might have been able to win this turn because his patrol would have been so much emptier).

On seeing my draw - ick. If he breaks Tech 2 I’m not doing ANYTHING next turn. At least I go back up on cards. (Of course if he doesn’t break Tech 2, I can surely finish it with those cards.)

another thought

I keep forgetting about Cal’s topband! That could let me get another 4 base damage as long as she’s on the board. Having just looked, I don’t think it would have let me finish the game this turn - and if it doesn’t then I probably shouldn’t have done it given that I’m down to the bare minimum in cards anyway. But I need to remember it next turn, because it could be the only way to let me finish the game.

P2T7 super draw! should be game in my favor!

[details=Secrets]

Hand : maraud,fargo,cadet,neop,os+monkey
Tech: BC+CMl
Thoughts : [/details]

1. Get 9 Gold+f(13), tech 2 cards draw 1
  2. Monkey (11) trades with bugbatter. my base to 6.
  3. ZAne (9)
  4. surprise attack (4) shark 1 kills argo
  5. zane lv 4(1)
  6. zane kills drakk (2) we both get a gold, zane lv 6 shove dog(1) to scav, another gold (2)
  7. shark+cadet kill ur tech II ur base takes 2
  8. Prynn (0)
    9.disc 3 draw 5

[details=Secrets]

Workers : 5+plasmo+TS+mox+neop+BC
Discard : monkey,fargo,surpr,os
New Hand : CM,tr,PG,money,pg[/details]

Board:

Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:Prynn 1/3+A
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :exhaust: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:

In Play : Battle suits, CAdet 3/2, nullc 1/1,Zane 4/4

• Base : 5
  • Tech I: 5
  • Tech II Anarchy: 5
  • Discard : 6
  • Deck : 2
  • Workers : 9
  • Hand : 5

i made a mistake, for targeting Ndog i have to pay 1.
So i do not worker, the rest is the same.
the change is disc 2 draw 4 and workers 9.
the rest stays the same

now everyting shoud be all right

1 Like

apologies for the delay - as chance would have it, I can’t possibly win this turn :frowning: (I didn’t expect to lose both Bugblatter AND Tech 2 - even then I could still get the win had my draw been more co-operative…)

So now I actually have to think about the best way to proceed. And with the board you’ve got, that’s not 100% obvious. :confused:

1 Like

no offense but i hope ur hand is a mix of drakk spells and TEch II stuff :wink:

1 Like

sorry i seem to have missed a line where nullc was supposed to ping ur tech 1. do u allow for it?

Sure. (But why Tech 1 and not base?)

1 out of 5 is something, 1 out of 18 not much :confused:

You got it. Hence the rather pathetic turn. I don’t think you can do lethal damage this turn (you could have enough between your hand and board, but you won’t be able to afford to play it all) - so I guess you might have an interesting guess as to what exactly to kill/break :slight_smile:

PS - I think reaching 20 cards in my deck should earn some kind of special achievement. Teched cards are completely irrelevant now but I still haven’t got to 10 workers…

P1T8

TECH
Now!
Murkwood Allies

STARTING HAND
Shoddy Glider
Shoddy Glider
Crashbarrow

WORKERS
Bloodburn
Careless Musketeer
Scorch
Pillage

NextHand

Captured Bugblatter
Kidnapping
Bloodrage Ogre

Discard

Charge
Crash Bomber
Behind the Ferns
Captured Bugblatter
Argonaut
Nautical Dog
Crashbarrow
Shoddy Glider
Shoddy Glider
Now!
Murkwood Allies

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + scavengerx2 - ($10)
rebuild Tech 2
Geiger, to max (Rambaster leaves and returns, to no effect) - ($4)
discard 2 cards to give Cal stealth - she does 4 damage to your base (now at 1)
build a Tower - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 1, draw 3

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: max Geiger (3/4+1A)
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:
    In Play:
  • max Calamandra (4/2)
    Buildings:
  • :heart: Base HP: 18
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 4
  • :heart: Tower HP: 4

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 5
  • Disc: 11
    Gold:
  • Gold: 1
Thoughts

So close to the win, but now I think there’s a genuine danger of losing this :frowning:

I think I have to discard 2 cards to give Cal stealth - because she probably won’t be there next turn and doing 5 damage might be tricky now, whereas I’ve got a fighting chance to sneak one in somehow. So I’m only drawing 3 again. I considered building a Surplus, or patrolling Geiger in technician - but mostly I’m scared of lethal damage from him next turn, so the more HP I can put in his way the better. I’ve built a tower instead - not because it will be any good against his stealth options (since I have no patrollers he can’t easily kill with his non-stealth attackers), but because if he can’t get lethal he might just kill my tech buildings instead, and if I can ping attackers it might keep him just short of lethal until I can somehow find the one damage I need. (I now wish I hadn’t workered pillage!)

It’s ridiculous how many ways I could have won this turn, despite his unexpectedly good turn. Behind the Ferns would let Rambaster attack his base for the last 1. Crash Bomber could just go down in the patrol zone, leading to a win if he gets killed - and if he gets bounced by Prynn I can just keep replaying him (although he could break Tech 1, so this wouldn’t count as an “instant win”. At least Drakk can fill that role next turn, with only Origin story preventing me suiciding him the following turn. Plus if I get any sort of playable unit at all I can max Drakk and give it haste. I’m now at the point where I’m “all in” on a base damage strategy, and if I can’t find that last damage I will just lose.

So, can he kill me next turn? What’s the worst case? Assuming he maxes Prynn, he has 11 damage on the board. But 5 of that will have to go into killing my Geiger, so he really only has 6. Sounds like I’m quite safe - but he can increase that in any number of ways: Surprise Attack again for another 6, Chaos Mirror to add 3 (swapping Nullcraft with Cal), Monkey for 3, Lizzo for 4. Of course he can’t afford to play all of that - and it “only” addes to 22 (4 excess), so the chances are I live for a turn. Then I’ve got to hope that Drakk helps me out in a big way next turn. (OK, I’ve got Kidnapping and Ogre - 2 cards I can play no matter what. But Drakk’s topband looks like being the only way I can win this one soon. I’ve always said it’s his best ability :wink: )

dude, tech II is down… so no geiger. plz redo

1 Like