Casual: Isotope X (Blue) vs Hobusu (White)

Yeah, I surrender.

1 Like

Good game! Iā€™ll have to look at what your hand was like the first couple of turns, but the only huge mistake I saw was leaving Onimaru where I could kill him. Was there a reason you patrolled that way?

I actually figured there was a Senseiā€™s Advice coming, which would have let you kill him with the Fox Viper alone unless I gave him the armor. That likely wasnā€™t the right valuation, but it made sense at the time.

Looking at your hand that turn, if you were really worried about that you probably should have played Porkhand Magistrate. Sure itā€™s expensive, but it has 3 HP. Even if it wasnā€™t Squad Leader, I couldnā€™t have killed it without Senseiā€™s Advice or midband Rook. The best way to prevent Rook from becoming an invincible terrifying engine of destruction is to never let him get free levels from your Heroes dying. Sometimes easier said than done, but without the free levels itā€™s hard to justify paying enough gold to get him out of topband, and as the game goes on 2/4 stops being impressive.

Anyway, are you up for a rematch tomorrow, @IsotopeX?

1 Like

Sure, I need some practice to figure out how the hell to play Blue (though my initial impression is that I donā€™t like them).

1 Like

Alright. Would you like to switch who goes first or keep it the same? Iā€™ll let you decide.

I like discipline, yet never tech FM cuz i find it useless. Could you please explain to me what role he has in your game plan? I am always eager to learn! Fwiw in your shoes i would have teched either vigor adept or MPM instead

In this case it was more about experimenting, but the idea was to make already hard to kill things (like Rook) even harder to kill. I played it that turn instead of YLD because his one surviving unit (Overeager Cadet with +1/+1 rune) was one damage short of killing Grave in Squad Leader, so heā€™d have a slightly harder time killing him and it would also be a better blocker. It wasnā€™t going to make a huge difference either way since I had Birds ready and Earthquake in my next hand, but that was the general idea.

1 Like

hmmm, usually i prefer YLDs cuz force opponent to bring out stuff or die, MPM to avoid any kind of targeting, VA actually just if i need a body (usually i do not). Idk if u know but thunderclap is rlly good against blue because can sideline the so cheap cadets, most illusions, and since it can target even non patrollers (do not ask me why, itā€™s just like that) can pop even side lined illusions/mirrors

Well, I did say I was experimenting! Iā€™m not sure how useful Mind-Parry Monk is against mono-blueā€¦ How many things does it have that target my stuff, especially if they go for Peace Tech II?

I definitely considered Thunderclap, but I believe it costs the same as Birdā€™s Nest, so I was worried that it might be in my hand when Newsman was blocking it.

MPM prevents boot camp, killing through dreamscape/hallucination and the goddamn mind control (still scarred by that). I always fear the combo drill sergeant+dreamscape

I could see Focus Master being solid against direct damage, so things like Fire, Present (with my lovely lovely Tricycloids), Anarchy, Demonology, like that. Against Blue, probably not so much. Probably.

But same way, MPM doesnā€™t seem to be a high priority against Blue either. ??

1 Like

Yeah, if I go Discipline again, Iā€™d be more likely to use a combination of Dragons and Adepts.

In case you missed it because of that whole discussion. :wink:

Letā€™s let fate decide. I randomed a 62.

ā€¦
ā€¦

So did I. What now? :sweat_smile:

Edit: Rerolled and got a 7.

A glitch in the Matrix. Because my rerollā€¦and I shit you notā€¦was 7.

1 Like

:astonished:

Third timeā€™s the charm? 82.

97!

P1T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Porkhand Magistrate
Bluecoat Musketeer
Traffic Director
Manufactured Truth
Lawful Search

WORKERS
Bluecoat Musketeer

NextHand

Arrest
Jail
Spectral Aven
Building Inspector
Reputable Newsman

Discard

Porkhand Magistrate
Manufactured Truth
Lawful Search

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($4)
Worker - ($3)
Traffic Director - ($2)
Quince + Mirror - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Mirror (0/1)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Quince Lv. 1 (1/3)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Traffic Director (1/1 untargetable)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]

[B]Buildings:[/B]

• :heart: Base HP: 20

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 5
    "

Letā€™s try something a little differentā€¦

Player 2 Turn 1

Starting Hand and Workers

STARTING HAND

Senseiā€™s Advice
Safe Attacking
Fox Primus
Aged Sensei
Smoker

WORKERS

Fox Primus

Next Hand

Morningstar Flagbearer
Fox Viper
Grappling Hook
Savior Monk
Snapback

Discard

Safe Attacking
Senseiā€™s Advice
Smoker

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Summon Grave - ($2)
Recruit Aged Sensei - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 3, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Grave Stormborne Lv. 1 (2/3+a) (Sparkshot)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Aged Sensei (1/1)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:

• Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3
  • Gold: 1
  • Workers: 6
Thoughts

If I counted correctly, he canā€™t do more than 3 damage this turn, so Grave is safe. Heā€™ll be easier to level at first, and Sparkshot will make flooding the patrol zone harder.

"P1T2

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Spectral Hound (Tech I)
Brave Knight (Tech I)

STARTING HAND
Arrest
Spectral Aven
Reputable Newsman
Building Inspector
Jail

WORKERS
Bluecoat Musketeer
Arrest

NextHand

Porkhand Magistrate
Lawful Search
Jail
Brave Knight (Tech I)
Reputable Newsman

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Tech I - ($3)
Building Inspector - ($2)
Quince summons another Mirror - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Traffic Director (1/1+1A untargetable)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Mirror (0/1)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Mirror (0/1)
  • Quince Lv. 1 (1/3)
  • Building Inspector (1/1 Buildings cost 1 more)

• Deck: 3
  • Disc: 0
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 6
    "