Grappling Hook
Might of Leaf and Claw

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($10)
Worker - ($9)
Summon Geiger - ($7)
Recruit Oversized Rhinoceros - ($2)
Geiger casts Now! on Rhino - ($1)
Rhino crushes Drakk and takes 3 damage, my base takes 1 damage, Geiger gains 2 free levels and MoLaC gains a 2nd growth rune
Level Setsuki to Lv. 4 - ($0)
Setsuki swiftly kills Argonaut, you gain $1 and I gain a 3rd growth rune
Patrol as shown below

Float ($0)
Discard 2, draw 4

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Geiger Lv. 3 (2/4+a) (Readiness)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Might of Leaf and Claw (3)
  • Setsuki Lv. 4 (2/3) ($1 to attack, swift strike on my turn)
  • Oversized Rhinoceros (7/5)
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 15
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Growth)

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 8
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 10

[details=Thoughts][spoiler]I think in this situation, letting me keep Tech II was a mistake. Sure, I had already gotten out MoLaC, but most of my options for activating it are bulky Tech II things rather than hasty things. At this point in the game, any benefit I got out of the Tower was icing on the cake rather than an essential part of my strategy, so I don’t mind losing it much.

Now I have two heroes close to maxband, and either of them reaching max would let me swing the game pretty hard (Geiger by flickering my Rhino or something, and Setsuki by drawing Fox’s Den Students to capitalize on MoLac). While I’d prefer to have Setsuki live, I’m set as long as one survives – and Setsuki is more likely to live by virtue of being sidelined and costing gold to attack. If she survives, I’ll add the second copy of FDS and max her next turn. If not… Well, we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.[/spoiler][/details]

1 Like

Oh well. I knew my long break wouldnt do me any good. I even forgot about “Now!” - and my gamble that you probably wouldn’t have any Tech 2s in hand also failed. (Although I didn’t really consider that you’d have gone for the Rhino - an expensive unit with no abilities but big stats did’t seem like what you’d really be after. But it did the job here.) I should have broken Tech 2 (and actually did that on my first plan of the turn), but got too greedy.

I’m actually going to concede here. It’s hard for me to find the appetite to play on in what is now a losing position - in fact, I don’t see how I can kill more than Geiger this turn, which means you get MoLaC activated. I didn’t expect to lose Drakk, and not having that Frenzy and Haste hurts (suddenly my Hyperion needs support to kill Geiger). GG, well played - and thanks for playing this one to a “finish”. I’m clearly going to lose all my LLL games horribly on this evidence - but at least I’ll get back in the habit of playing and might make some better decisions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good game! Honestly, that was pretty close, and it came down to having a good hand to capitalize on still having Tech II up. The whole reason I grabbed Rhino was because it has enough HP that you’d have to work really hard to kill it before it attacks, and I knew that would also mean it could attack with Now! and survive. If you only kill Geiger, then my play would obviously be to max Setsuki, have her and Rhino attack (using Speed of the Fox and/or Shuriken Hail to get enough damage for swift strike if needed), then use the now 7/8 Argonaut in my hand to block. I’d also have teched in the second copy of Fox’s Den Students at the start of the turn, and then odds are good that I’d be getting four 6/6 hasty stealthy ninjas every turn. Of course, I could also play the second copy of MoLaC to make them 11/11…

Taking a break didn’t help, but I think you’ll be OK. I made my goal during RACE to win just once, and I managed to get two wins – especially impressive since I got the prize for hardest opponents! Remember, there’s almost never only one weak player in a tournament. Besides, isn’t that the tourney with random codexes? That’ll make it hard for people to know what they’re doing, so you should be on somewhat even footing.

2 Likes