[Casual] FrozenStorm (Nightmare) vs Akiata (White)

That is a good choice, considering I am holding Meta in my hand right now :wink: Indeed the HH is a tip of the hand that I want three scary demon heroes

Lucky for me, this deck sets up an impossible gambit wherein you have to answer both the Graveyard-fueled Virtuoses, AND the Meta threat, but it takes most of your resources just to stop one of those plans… GG WP!

Game 1 Player 1, Turn 6

P1 [Demon/Necro]/Finesse vs P2 White

Starting Hand

Nimble Fencer
Maestro
Metamorphosis

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (9)
  • Tech 2 cards in (except turn 1)
All Teched Cards

Grounded Guide, Star-Crossed Starlet
Maestro, Metamorphosis
Maestro, Nimble Fencer
Nimble Fencer, Dark Pact
Dark Pact, Bone Collector

Main:

• Midband Garth (6)
  • River moves boulder
  • Garth kills Monk, takes 3
  • **Maxband Garth, fetching Grounded Guide (3)
  • New Fencer, from hand (free), hits your base to 12
  • Old Fencer hits your base to 8
  • Maestro hits your base to 4
  • Skeletons and Bone Collector hit your base to -4, GG WP!

Happy to play another game with whatever decks and configurations you like. We can even swap and I can play the P2 White against the P1 Nightmare, if you’d like to

Ah good game! Very neatly done!

Would love to play another. Can you suggest a deck you might take on that Nightmare deck with?

Without any way to deal with upgrades, Nightmare struggles against Anarchy/Strength/Growth, aka Miracle Grow. It indexes heavily towards Might of Leaf and Claw + Surprise Attack and red starter to quickly charge the Molac, and a charged Molac that the opponent has no way of removing typically ends the game.

Purple Peace decks like Past/Peace/Anarchy and Future/Peace/Necromancy are also a bit of a struggle, as purple starter is really good at playing defensively and Nightmare has no direct unit removal or -1/1 rune source, which makes Hardened Mox + Boot Camp difficult to deal with.

All these decks can be tricky to play, though, both with and against. I think the mono color matchups are the most fun and instructive games to play as you’re learning.

1 Like

I had spotted some useful combinations between purple and peace. Thanks for the breakdown - very interesting.

OK, let’s go a mono colour matchup then. I saw you’d revived the Monocolor Matchup Madness thread - maybe we could pick a matchup and treat it as a warm up and see how we go? Blue vs White looks like it could use some attention? I’d like to give Blue a go. Or otherwise open to any suggestions. Go ahead and start a new game / thread as player 1 with whatever you think.

2 Likes

Sure we can do that! I will create a warm-up thread for us to get the hang of the matchup