As discussed here, I’d like to start an “official” series / data-gathering project to find out how balanced each mono vs mono deck matchup is!
There are 15 matchups (excluding mirrors), which means 150 games to play a best of 10 of every one, so we’ll need plenty of players to sign up to play one or more colors in one or more matchups.
This is the basics of how the project will run:
- Players sign up for one side of a matchup using the spreadsheet below
- Once a matchup is “filled”, those two players start a “warm-up/experimentation” series, playing both sides of the matchup, similar to how @Nekoatl and me are doing with Black vs Blue (see here)
- NOTE: YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE AN EXPERT PLAYER! JUST FEEL COMFORTABLE ENOUGH IN THE MATCHUP THAT YOU THINK YOUR RESULTS ARE INDICATIVE OF GOOD PLAY IN THAT MATCHUP
- Once both players feel “expert enough” to have a good handle on that matchup, they start a 10-game series
- Be sure each side plays 5 games as P1 and 5 as P2, you can alternate each game if you like but personally I’d recommend running all 5 before switching (it’s amazing what little wrinkles you can find!)
- MMM runs as long as it takes to finish all the 10-game series, with a goal of finishing all 150 games by the end of the year
And Some General Guidelines for Rules:
- Please title your warm-up series [MMM1] WARM-UP: COLOR_A (COLOR_A PLAYER NAME) vs COLOR_A (COLOR_B PLAYER NAME)
- Please title your games in the form [MMM1] Game X: P1 COLOR_A (COLOR_A PLAYER NAME) vs P2 COLOR_A (COLOR_B PLAYER NAME)
- Please make a new thread for each game in the series
- Please link to each thread on the spreadsheet, label the link “In Progress” while the game is ongoing, and summarize the win after completion
- General forum Play-By-Post best practices apply: hide secrets in spoiler tags so spectators can see, include thoughts if possible, point out errors in other people’s games politely if you see them, etc.
To sign up, put your username in a blank space next to “Players”
I’ve started things off by signing up for Black against Blue (which I’m hoping @Nekoatl steers against me!) and White against Black (I know there’s lots of Black players out there!) If anyone wants to play the opposite side of either of those, we can kick things off!