Youtube videos?

Pros of the next video: it’s a really back and forth game, I learned a lot from it.
Cons of the next video: it’s an hour and forty minutes long.

3 Likes

I’m not seeing any cons! :wink:

6 Likes

Let me know what you think of this format versus the after the fact commentary videos, if you have an opinion one way or the other. I definitely feel like there’s more tension and suspense in this format, but there’s also less “lessons learned” commentary. This format is also going to result in longer videos, which probably doesn’t matter all that much to the audience here, but the people that just go to my YouTube channel might be less interested in (“oh god no, I am not watching nearly two hours of Codex”). Still, would be interested in people’s thoughts.

thehug0naut don't read this until we've rematched

If you’re not thehug0naut and you haven’t watched the match yet, I would recommend doing that first. That way you’ll maybe have your own ideas of where things went wrong, and what you would have done and why.

[spoiler]So, because of editing, I ended up watching this match about 4 times. Here are the actions that lost me the game, I believe, ranked in order of their impact (from biggest impact to smallest):

• On the turn that I played and maxed Setsuki, I should have played and maxed Rook instead. Rook in squad leader would have all but guaranteed me a stable foothold in the game. Without hero removal, he would have had to deal with Rook honestly, which would have at the very least significantly reduced the strength of his board.

• I should have gone for Ninjutsu tech II instead of Discipline. Mind Parry Monk protects against exactly two things: Shadow Blade and the offensive use of Fairy Dragon’s feather runes. Because of the limited amount of evasion in Finesse/Demonology/Balance, I think Porcupine and Glorious Ninja would have been much more valuable, in preventing him from trading effectively. I think Fox’s Den School would have been a monster for me as well, especially for making both of those tech II units horrifying threats against Vandy on his back line.

• I should have teched Versatile Style earlier, even if I only ever use it to disable a Fairy Dragon or heal some damage from my base or one of my tech buildings, and definitely to pre-empt Vandy getting her ultimate off.[/spoiler]

1 Like

I probably won’t be able to watch this until tomorrow, but I’m looking forward to it!

1 Like
to mysticjuicer

how did Grave get 4 damage on him at the end. did you forget you left mimic alive?

1 Like
Summary

Yeah, I forgot to remove the damage when I decided not to attack the Mimic on the previous turn. Luckily it didn’t make any difference to the resolution of the game.