Youtube videos?

We’re back in business. Shoutouts to Davinci Resolve for not destroying my video or audio content.

6 Likes

Nice game,

Summary

One other mistake I spotted that wasn’t called out was you rebuilt both tech 1 and tech 2 at 40:15, rather then only tech 1.

Other then that was a very interesting game to watch, and certainly shows off styles I would not use by default.

3 Likes

Oh man, totally missed that! Thanks!

Summary

So it’s definitely GG at the point where both my T1 and T2 are destroyed because at that point, due to my aggressive T2 teching. I have exactly 1 Sparring Partner in the cycle at that point, and that isn’t even going to hit the table since thehug0naut now has only 1 tech building’s worth of damage he needs to deal to keep me on tech 0 units and heroes.

It is so common to make mistakes in codex that after my matches I often find myself trying to figure out if we played anything wrong.
One time I figured that Moment Peace doesnt affect heroes.
Another time, forgot to pay extra for resist
Another, missed dealing base damage due to blood tech3 ability.
And dont get me started on Blue’s disable abilities; some target heroes and units, some target only units, some target only patrollers…
Or the classic mistake of spell without hero

You think you already know the cards but when you actually read them you find out your mistakes.

6 Likes

Haha, I feel like this happens to me at least once a game.

2 Likes

Just a quick note that this video doesn’t have analysis-style commentary. It took me too long to find and start learning to use new video editing software. Still, I think this is a pretty cool Present-based build that might be interesting to people. Audio is the in-game call between Danners and me.

3 Likes

That build looks fun! Lots of juicy TD targets.

A line of play I saw at 43:50…

[spoiler]Sideline the elemental
Attack the wisp with Geiger, sparkshot a damage to the Ancient
TD Tricycloid into Hyperion ($8)
Kill Ancient with Hyperion, draw a card
Max Geiger, blinking Hyperion ($4)
Bloom on Hyperion, kill Argagarg, Bigby maxbands ($2)
Brick Thief to patrol ($0)

Smaller patroller, but a full hand, healthier Hyperion, and two maxbanded heroes![/spoiler]

2 Likes

I’ve got about half way through, will finish watching later, just wanted to point this out before I forget.
Nice video btw!

Summary

15:34 Doesn’t play for worker, nor wrong colour hero penalty for Forests Favour

1 Like

Just wanted to say best opener you have made EVER!!! :heart_eyes:

The Match was fun to watch too i guess (just kidding)

I actually didn’t mind having you guys talk about your moves of course we miss out on the commentary but watching a match like this from time to time is a nice fresh take.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Thanks for these mate - always enjoy watching these.

Saw an error: Player 1 cant build his tech 1 on turn 1

1 Like

Matt has been fired. :wink:

1 Like

Last of the usable Codex backlog is uploading right now. Time to record some new games soon!

3 Likes
3 Likes

Just in time!
Ill be watching it soon

1 Like

I think in the next Tabletopia games I’m going to try to do commentary as I’m playing. It’ll help me to focus commentary on each stage of the game as it occurs (so talk about my turn as I take it, my opponent’s turn as it happens, tech choices as I think them through), and it should be more interesting as well, since I’ll be able to catch my surprise at different plays in the moment.

Talking through each turn will also hopefully let me catch errors before they become permanent, and will make the sign-offs more natural as well rather than the “uh I think this is where the game ended, or maybe not, oh wait yes it was okaybyethanksforwatching!” :stuck_out_tongue:

If anyone here would like to be in any of those games, please go ahead and add me on Steam - steam name is mysticjuicer, picture is of me in the classic “duck-face selfie” pose. :smiley: Just like, send me a message saying you’re so-and-so from the Forums, if your Steam ID is different.

6 Likes

Talking and playing remains very difficult! I’ll be interested to see what people think of the next video, compared to the previous ones with the after the fact commentary. This thing ended up taking almost two hours, so editing is going to take a while. Maybe Sunday. At the latest next week.

I have a n idea.
Just keep doing after the fact commentary.
But! Make the original video run at 1.5 the speed. If you can still keep up with commentary and we can still comfortably see what is taking place, increase the speed even more…

4 Likes

HellothisismysticjuicerandthisismeasmonopurplevsthisguywhojustbuilthistechIsoItechedhyperionstodealwithgenjiand

HOW DOES HE HAVE TECH III ALREADY???!

3 Likes

accurate :laughing::laughing::laughing: