Keeping the ball rolling after round 2. Indicate in the thread whether you're interested in participating. If you're interested in acting as co-TO, let me know - I'll pick some people from among the volunteers before the event begins.
The tournament won't start until the end of May, so feel free to reach out to people you know who'd be interested.
The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. But it wasn't always this way...
[insert picture of a caped and helmeted hero standing on a tall building, surveying a cyberpunk mega-city here]
'19XX: Round 3' is a double-elimination event with a short list of banned characters.
challonge bracket will go here
Tournament format and rules
- Banned characters:
- Character select: First game of a set is double-blind, thereafter the loser of each game may switch
- Format: Double-elimination
- Timer: Medium
- Set Length: First to Four
- Scheduling: You will have one week to schedule and complete each match, deadline is Monday evening Eastern time. I will discuss who loses in a situation where a match fails to occur with my co-TOs.
- Double KOs: No wins or losses awarded - replay the same match-up
- Server Crash: No wins or losses awarded - replay the same match-up
- Reporting: Either the victor or the vanquished (or both) should post results in this thread.
- Sportsmanship: Be nice!
- Prize: A prize of cash value not to exceed 20 Canadian funbucks will go to the tournament winner (like an indie game on Steam, or some print-and-play game from the Sirlin store, or something)
- If I win, I will release a YouTube video of myself enjoying a delicious ice cream sandwich and fanning myself with a $20. Even if it's cold as fuck.
- Additional prize - the winner will get to choose the word that replaces 'Waifu' in the tournament name for the next event.
Scheduling Tip 1: WorldTimeBuddy.com is an excellent resource for scheduling matches across timezones.
Scheduling Tip 2: If you are posting to the scheduling conversation first, provide a list of dates and times when you are available to play. If you are posting to the scheduling conversation second, pick a specific start time and date for your match from those provided by your opponent. If none work for you, propose specific alternatives.
19XX: Rebel 1 - Fivec
19XX: Waifu 2 - BD_Corro