[XCAPS20] Map Tournament SIGNUPS

First Round Map shall be…

MYSTICAL FOREST: Whenever you would ready a unit or hero during your turn, you may put a +1/+1 rune on it instead.

3 Likes

Awesome. 5/5 Baron ftw

question: if the unit/hero is already ready, does it get a +1 rune for free or does it need to be exhausted to get it instead of being ready?

It has to start exhausted, but doesn’t need to be actually able to ready.

Sparring Partner is very cute.
Disabling effects, slightly more costly.

So, for example, if I Arrest a patroller, on your turn you DO NOT get to put a +1 rune or ready it. The following turn you would get to make that choice though.

Disable (Exhaust it and it doesn’t ready during its next ready step. Sideline it if it was patrolling.)

Sparring Partner is the obvious exploit of this map (2g, put a +1 rune on sparring partner, assuming he’s exhausted), and to a lesser extent Rampaging Elephant.

2 Likes

If the group would like extra map ideas to throw into the pool for rounds 2+, I did just post 9 new map ideas I created (proxied up) for play with my IRL play groups here.

Thought I would throw that out for discussion.

2 Likes

I’m guessing not for this tournament, but cool to see!

2 Likes

Thanks, but yea, not for this tournament. Perhaps in the future!

2 Likes

so I get to choose to have a free boot camp on my mox every turn? sign me up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Almost, as long as you don’t use the mox for anything. Boot camp lets you do it after attacking with it.

which is true, but also requires peace, a hero and teching them. Might actually use ready or not in the round…

1 Like

Also on that note, you could use boot camp AND mox for maximum runes… ooooOOO. :smiley:

4 Likes

You could even use double Boot Camp + map feature to get an indestructible 4/4.

POKe. Looking for some more signups, but also, @Bryce_The_Rice, still waiting on a codex from you.

Could we get the deadline in the original post?

1 Like

In hindsight, one advantage of revealing the first round’s map is that we can take any late arrivals.

4 Likes

just saw this. dm’d @zhavier if it’s still possible to join.

1 Like

Yup! Signed you up.

1 Like

OK, I’m game! Will ping @zhavier with a deck.

1 Like

Waiting on @Akiata’s Deck selection.