[XCAPS20] Map Tournament SIGNUPS

OK, I’m game! Will ping @zhavier with a deck.

1 Like

Waiting on @Akiata’s Deck selection.

Sorry @zhavier that this is late, only just saw this but please can i join? Ive been wanting to try the maps for a while too! Deck if I can join - mono purple

Sure thing, dwarddd. I was hoping @akiata would give a deck before I post round 1, otherwise ill post Round 1 this afternoon.

2 Likes

Eep, sorry for the hold up folks. I’ll go [Balance/Growth]/Finesse.

1 Like

ROUND 1

MYSTICAL FOREST: Whenever you would ready a unit or hero during your turn, you may put a +1/+1 rune on it instead.

1. [XCAPS20] Carpeguitarrem Monowhite vs Bomber678 [Discipline/Strength]/Peace
  2. [XCAPS20] FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth vs Nopethebard Monoblack
  3. [XCAPS20] charnel_mouse [Growth]/Anarchy/Peace vs Shadow_Night_Black Monopurple
  4. [XCAPS20] Akiata [Balance/Growth]/Finesse vs EricF [Blood]/Strength/Growth
  5. [XCAPS20] Bolyarich [Demonology]/Anarchy/Balance vs codexnewb [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse
  6. [XCAPS20] Dwardd Monopurple vs zhavier Monowhite
4 Likes

Quick question about how this map works that is really a question about general codex it just doesnt normally matter:
Is 'ready’ness persistent or does everything need to be readied every turn? For this map that relates to(but the order of the options is switched oops): do i choose, every turn, basically whether i want a +1 rune or to be able to use that card this turn? Or can i keep something ready from turn 2(do nothing with it not even patrol), then on turn 3 it is already ready, so in ready phase i take the rune and then use the card to attack?

To “ready” something is to change it from an exhausted state (“tapped”) to an ready state. Therefore you cannot “ready” a something which is already ready. To gain a rune, the unit/hero must be tapped, and then you can choose to give it a rune instead of making it ready.

3 Likes

Right, so do patrolling units/heroes not get readied the next turn because there were never exhausted (assuming no readiness ability involved)? Sorry for the pedancy but this isnt the way i thought it’d be so i just want to get it right.

Patrollers don’t get readied, no. Neither do cards with readiness that attack, since they don’t get exhausted in the first place.

3 Likes

Sorry to be annoying, but could I be a late sign up? Mono black if so

5 Likes

Ok, marking you down for a Bye this round.

2 Likes

Welcome back James!

2 Likes

We have 4 of the 6 matches unfinished, but as this is only round 2, I think its safe to proceed.

ROUND 2

HARD TIMES MILL: Workers cost an extra [1 gold] to hire.

1. [XCAPS20] Dwarddd Monopurple vs Bolyarich [Demonology]/Anarchy/Balance
  2. [XCAPS20] Bomber678 [Discipline/Strength]/Peace vs FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth
  3. [XCAPS20] Shadow_Night_Black Monopurple vs Carpeguitarrem Monowhite
  4. [XCAPS20] codexnewb [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse vs Akiata [Balance/Growth]/Finesse
  5. [XCAPS20] Nopethebard Monoblack vs charnel_mouse [Growth]/Anarchy/Peace
  6. [XCAPS20] EricF [Blood]/Strength/Growth vs James Monoblack

I randomly got the Bye this round.

2 Likes

(blinks)

Oh, this map is gonna get weird.

2 Likes

As a point of clarification on this map, Rich Earth does not make workers free, despite its wording. Workers are instead 1g cheaper. Consider it functioning as map card effects are applied LAST.

3 Likes

vote: add Round X to game name @zhavier

4 Likes

I’ll add it moving forward.

3 Likes

My meta build is ruined.

4 Likes

With only one match left undecided, I’ll go ahead and post the next round.

ROUND 3!

BIG GAME HUNTERS: Each player gets an extra [2 gold] during each of their upkeeps.

If you thought no gold was rough, let’s see about LOTS of gold.

1. [XCAPS20] ROUND3 Bolyarich [Demonology]/Anarchy/Balance vs Shadow_Night_Black Monopurple
  2. [XCAPS20] ROUND3 FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth vs EricF [Blood]/Strength/Growth
  3. [XCAPS20] ROUND3 charnel_mouse [Growth]/Anarchy/Peace vs Bomber678 [Discipline/Strength]/Peace
  4. [XCAPS20] ROUND3 Akiata [Balance/Growth]/Finesse vs Dwarddd Monopurple
  5. [XCAPS20] ROUND3 James Monoblack vs Carpeguitarrem Monowhite
  6. [XCAPS20] ROUND3 zhavier Monowhite vs codexnewb [Discipline/Strength]/Finesse

Nopethebard gets the bye this round.

4 Likes