Ivan vs SPH: 19.5 - 5.5
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::bbb: -> 4.5 - 0.0
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::gwen: -> 5.0 - 0.0
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::gwen: -> 5.0 - 0.0
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::setsuki: -> 5.0 - 0.0
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::chibirook: -> 0.0 - 5.5
Thanks for the set, mate. Great games.

3 Likes

So, due to PAXSouth, @Leontes and @mastrblastr are going to need more time to get their game finished. I don’t know how much, yet, but if you have a match that you won’t be able to play until early next week, go ahead and play it early next week, and well get the final round underway once all the games have been played. (@neigutten, it sounded like you might be in that boat, although if you don’t want to player during your trip, no worries, I’ll just log the forfeit).

flagrantangles wins with tied points against @MR75
:quince::pschip::psfist::grave: 6 points to MR
:quince::psfist::pschip::grave: 4 points to me
:quince::pschip::psfist::grave: 6 points to MR

12 - 12 is the balance. Grave understands how to keep the universe in check!

4 Likes

Thanks for set @flagrantangles!
It’s always a pleasure to play vs you! I like your playing spirit!

So this is my 3rd consecutive tie points match (and 3rd consecutive 3-2 loss).
Maybe am I asking too much to my performance? Or am I a bit too conservative???

Surely +2 point for set winner could be a nice improvement for next run.

2 Likes

mysticjuicer 18 - 8 Hobusu

:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:

ggs Hobusu! you really turned it around in the last two games, made some good adjustments and led me into some bad plays as a result!

4 Likes

What he didn’t mention is that the winning play in both of the last two games involved me pilebunking him in the face! :degrey::psfist:

That was an enjoyable set, both for the games and the banter! I’m eagerly awaiting the video of that one to hear juicer’s thoughts on the game (and to show to some friends). Although, I think @vengefulpickle said he was recording too?

5 Likes

Yes, I’ve been recording the games that I can manage, although I still haven’t figured out how to free up enough time in my schedule to analyze them.

2 Likes

FaceOnMars vs. @snoc
16.5-9?
13.5-11?
none of the above?
(help):confused:

:lum: :psfist: :pschip: :menelker:
:lum: :pschip: :psfist: :menelker:
:lum: :pschip: :psfist: :menelker:

I was really looking forward to this match. Because I have watched so many of his videos. Excellent “inner monologue” commentary.

Fun and tense sets throughout. 1st turn Bonecracker became a little predictable but after that… pure mayhem. Thx.

5 Likes

Hmm… I wonder if there’s a connection between being well known for Yomi videos with commentary and leading with Menelker in this format? :thinking:

2 Likes

I’d say 16.5-9.

I take this opportunity to thank all video makers and commentators like @snoc, @mysticjuicer, @Niijima-san, @MysticDeadman and all others, for their fantastic work!

Keep it up!

7 Likes

Ah, sorry, I haven’t been recording the LLO games, because (1) I’m vain and haven’t been doing well in them, and (2) I’m already behind enough as it is without another tournament’s worth of games to record. :frowning: IMO, the story of this set was noticing that you were playing Aces at a very high rate after powering up for them, punishing that for the first three games, and then losing the next two as you punished my read that you would continue to play that pattern.

I hear you! :smiley: That’s why I like live commentating other people’s matches the most out of all the video content I make: takes half as long (and is twice as interesting), because you can record and talk at the same time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly, I usually just leave my machine recording while I’m doing other things. If commentary happens, it’ll likely be around midnight (when people aren’t playing anyway).

2 Likes

Whaaat?! Juicer not recording a Yomi match? Sacrilige! :wink:

That said, your summary is pretty much accurate to what happened and eventually I can point people to vengefulpickle’s video whenever he gets that up.

3 Likes

Menelker T1 flowchart: if 7 or black face card, then 7 or black face card, else block :smirk:

GGs. you played well, only one I can really chalk up to misplay on my part. Though I’m still sad to whiff DSD playing it raw first turn it was available when I had a dodge and deleted jokers… Gotta throw it out there sometimes though.

Video (currently processing):

4 Likes

It’s true, I’d lead with Menelker too.

3 Likes

vengefulpickle vs @ThreeHeadedMonkey

:persephone::psfist::pschip::quince: +5/+0
:persephone::knockdown::knockdown::quince: +0/+0
:persephone::psfist::pschip::quince: +5/+0
:persephone::psfist::pschip::zane: +6.5/+0
:persephone::pschip::psfist::zane: +0/+3.5
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::zane: +0/+4.5

Total: 16.5-8

Fun games, @ThreeHeadedMonkey!

8 Likes

Fun games indeed! Ahh that second Quince vs Pers game is going to haunt me. Time out at 4 life each… I really should have manned up and thrown in that last combat, but we both went the safe option :stuck_out_tongue:

It definitely benefited you more as you made an amazing run-back to get to that point.

5 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever played against Zane in a tournament match. It was eyeopening and scary. :smile:

5 Likes

Well, your very first game against a Zane and you absolutely destroyed him! Landing a Mistress’ Command while a Zane has a hidden MA in hand is something special :stuck_out_tongue:.

5 Likes