[Tournament] eXperimental Codex Asynchronous Fall ~~Swiss~~ Round Robin (XCAFS19)

Standings are virtually finalized (Charnel and Neko are playing their make-up game, but both are mathematically eliminated from top 4), so the next matchups will be:

Group A #1 @EricF vs Group B #2 @Leaky
and
Group B #1 @FrozenStorm vs Group A #2 @bolyarich

The question is simply what decks will be used. I have personal bias as will the other remaining players I’m sure, so I’d like to leave it up to those who have been eliminated w/ a poll (votes from myself, Eric, Leaky and Boly will not be counted)

This is under the assumption that cars are no longer tallying in favor of a given player, so the winning player of each semifinal wins regardless of deck performance (the second poll option allows for eliminated drivers’ cars!). Otherwise we might have to do tiebreakers and it’d get weird and anti-hype. So this is just about “who do we want to play what decks”?

I will add only one stipulation, and that be that for finals, I don’t think players should have to play against their own car (only applicable to the third option). So maybe you would keep the same deck for finals, but if it would be your opponent’s deck, you play their victim’s deck instead? Idk… I think the second option is the most “on brand” as it rewards the “best” decks and allows folks to share in the glory that are eliminated as players, but that’s just me.

Poll closes Friday at 11am CST (UTC-6), get your votes in!

• Players drive their own cars (Frozen on Mono Black, Eric on Nightmare etc)
  • Players use the top performing decks from their own group, even their own (Frozen on Mono Black, Eric on Mono Purple, etc)
  • Players use the car of their groupmate for semis(Frozen on Feral/Growth/Disease, Eric on Future/Peace/Anarchy etc)

0 voters

2 Likes

Aaaaand it’s a tie… Except @bolyarich you’re still in this, you weren’t supposed to vote fam :wink:

Thusly, driving our own cars prevails! GL HF to the remaining players!

XCAFRR19 Semifinals

1. [XCAFRR19 SEMIS] EricF [Demonology]/Necromancy/Finesse vs Leaky [Feral]/Growth/Disease
  2. [XCAFRR19 SEMIS] frozenstorm [Demonology]/Disease/Necromancy vs bolyarich [Future]/Peace/Anarchy

Well it’s an all-black finals! Thanks to everyone who participated, I have flipped a coin on Random.org and regrettably (for me), @EricF will be going first. GL HF Eric, my expectations are low but I’ll do my best to put up a good show and make it interesting for spectators!

1. [XCAFRR19 FINALS] EricF [Demonology]/Necromancy/Finesse vs frozenstorm [Demonology]/Disease/Necromancy
1 Like

That’s certainly a dark conclusion.

4 Likes

Dark Day. The Scourge will triumph

1 Like

No matter what, Vandy wins, and we all lose lol :wink:

4 Likes

Congrats to our winner, @EricF!

Thanks to everyone who participated, I’ll post the sign-up thread for CAWS19 sometime in the next week or two :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Many thanks to @FrozenStorm for grappling with this tournament format.

4 Likes

Yeah I had a lot of fun, despite the deck and matchup rematches.

This format was a lot more fun than I expected it would be. I’d play it again.

Thanks Frozen.

4 Likes

Great tournament, loved playing more matches and also getting to see new specs I don’t play as much.

2 Likes