[Tournament] 19XX: Ace 4 - Tournament in progress!

“Typically the big sword man has had more representation in 19XX, while Lum warmed the bench, but this year something different is happening.”

I wonder what it could be :thinking:

2 Likes

It is a mystery. :thinking:

2 Likes

sharpobject 4-1 @Copper8642

:gloria::psfist::pschip::menelker: Close game !!! Copper ran super low on cards for like half the game. I spent my whole hand to heal to 13 then play Q++ A* for exact lethal.
:gloria::psfist::pschip::menelker: This healing sphere thing seems pretty OP, like what if you just get to draw 3 extra cards every turn forever? Then you can super like it’s no big deal.
:gloria::pschip::psfist::menelker: Oh no where did all my cards go…
:gloria::psfist::pschip::menelker: Overdose also seems kinda OP, like what if ur up 40 life, your opponent basically already lost then. Since u can overdose every turn even if you don’t win combat.
:gloria::psfist::pschip::menelker: Q throw is my hero !!!

Good games!

5 Likes

Dietz 4-3 thehug0naut

:grave::psfist::pschip::argagarg: Grave is a grappler and Aces are his enders
:grave::pschip::psfist::argagarg: Grave tries to keep his silent TPOS so incredibly silent that he dies
:gloria::psfist::pschip::argagarg: Fish vs Gloria vs Midtimer in a three way duel leaves “friendship” the winner
:gloria::pschip::psfist::midori: Gloria holds her own through two dragon forms but doesn’t survive the 3rd
:grave::psfist::pschip::midori: Wait he got TPOS how fast? That doesn’t seem fair.
:grave::pschip::psfist::argagarg: In which Grave gets an incredible turn 3 TPOS and then loses every combat thereafter
:gloria::psfist::pschip::argagarg: A Q-Throw is fine too.

Great games all around

7 Likes

Two dragons stand before you in the losers bracket: one of them only value traps and the other only DPs. You can ask them one question.

15 Likes

I was pleased to take the last game and the set to the wire. GGs all round @dietz

3 Likes

This is one of my favorite posts of all time. I tried to see if I could use the Grant Badge feature for the first time ever, but we don’t have any badges to grant sadly.

The question we’re all asking though; is powering up for a bQ on a 4-card hand only to play bQ two turns in a row a value trap?

7 Likes

R3L MR vs @flagrantangles 4-1

:bbb::psfist::pschip::quince:
Early balanced game with some back and forth. Then Quonce took the lead putting me in the washing machine: however later game, a couple of raw Ks set range for good dmg and dodge at range lowered magistrate’s hand too. We got out of range with :quince: at 11hp: 7throw into 4 closed it

:bbb::psfist::pschip::gwen:
Gwen quickly took BBB life away, till 14hp. Then BBB came back and drew the Jokers he needed.

:bbb::pschip::psfist::valerie:
Balanced game till 40hp each, then Valerie smashed

:grave::psfist::pschip::valerie:
Some early throws lowered Val’s hp, then As and Qs did it

:grave::psfist::pschip::quince:
The truth teller (or lie teller?) is back. Game flew, till :quince: 35hp vs :grave: 25hp KD. Here MM showed me three As, Q, 2, 5, 7, two Jokers. I almost broke his heart when he saw me dodge with a two, so I was confident he wouldn’t have done it (but I was luck: instead, he was really thinking about it) and I pressed wake up TPoS button that hit 7throw.

Got great draws.
Always a pleasure play vs you, respect and GGs

4 Likes

Extremely good post

3 Likes

Dietz 4-3 Xiba

:grave::pschip::psfist::midori: Master and student face off in a close match, but the Sensei prevails on some key dodges late game
:grave::pschip::psfist::midori: Keg Of Dynamite - YouTube
:grave::psfist::pschip::midori: Grave misses a TPOS, but it’s okay because 10 counters 2 three times over
:grave::psfist::pschip::midori: TIME TO REALLY EXPLODE. Big range shift to red pays off huge, game is over in under 10 turns.
:grave::pschip::psfist::argagarg: Grave can’t put on the brakes fast enough and lets J become a turn 1 Bubble Shield, game slips from there
:grave::psfist::pschip::argagarg: Grave BRAVE. Grave use 10s as throws. caveman noises
:grave::psfist::pschip::argagarg: Grave wonders where all the throws went, but thankfully his opponent is not CKR, who silently called gold burst in spectator chat the moment silent TPOS whiffed into KD. Drags to the bare wire of 14 health to 12. Grave is terrified of AA. Fish was more terrified of AAA. Found his throws just in time.

Incredible games, and very well played.

5 Likes

Zqxx v @Ivan
4-3

:argagarg: :pschip: :psfist: :midori: Ivan schools me in an MU I thought I liked.

:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :midori: Rushdown > Inevitability

:gwen: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg: Turns out losing 4 health per turn is not an optimal strategy.

:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg: DIE DIE DIE pauses to breath DIE DIE D– oh, he’s out!

:gwen: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg: DIE DIE D– oh, I’m out.

:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg: Turns out drawing all your good cards and winning most combats is an optimal strategy.

:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina: I do a huge combo on him; he does a huge combo on me; we play chicken at 10 health until I decide to GAPA a single Ace and smack his 10 throw.

Great games!

EDIT: Also I guess I play Gwen now?

8 Likes

Wow Gloria and Gwen taking games on Midori lately

please try this against me, thanks

4 Likes

I’m your huckleberry.

I will lead Gwen in game 1 the next time we meet. Your welcome.

6 Likes

Fluff 4-1 @ArthurWynne

:valerie::psfist::pschip::grave:
:valerie::pschip::psfist::grave:
:persephone::psfist::pschip::grave:
:persephone::psfist::pschip::midori:
:persephone::psfist::pschip::grave:

GGS!

3 Likes

And with that Perse has a positive winrate, and I never have to play her again!

8 Likes

I am glad that chapter is closed. We all have closure now. If someone else plays Perse, they are required to win. We will not revisit this.

5 Likes

RIP Lum’s Lucky Lottery, then? :wink:

2 Likes

I’m just going to put on my dunce-cap now, the one that says “don’t play into Jokers when you don’t need to, especially when your opponent is on low hand!”

1 Like

R4L MR vs @CKR 4-1

:quince::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
Back and forth game, till 25hp vs 13hp: here a honest Q on positive spinning Q hit his throw, but I didn’t have follow up. Scary magic pixel time! Luckily Consent of the Governed hit another wakeup throw

Really good early draws: J after J for good spinning. Late game, with 2 Jokers spent on Sets side, a dodge into full CotG closed it

Quite balanced game, until a 3–>full CotG (almost Sets’ half life) set a good lifelead for Quince.

:quince::pschip::psfist::setsuki:
Here I got a great starting hand (three Js!), I took lifelead till 41hp vs 15hp, then my lethal 67J vs throw, gotta jokered, and finally I gotta smashed…

I took lifelead and managed to keep it.

I got a really good draws all the set, indeed.

Respect and GGs!

8 Likes

That was really solid Quince play. You played a straight up honest Quince most of the time. I did not adapt to this because I expected a shift from you. You used dishonesty at low risk times. Your face down game was on point. Sure, your draws were good. Many times I can overcome that. I can’t overcome good draws and solid play. Well played.

10 Likes