[Tournament] 19XX: Ace 4 - Tournament in progress!

vengefulpickle vs @Fluffiness

:quince::pschip::psfist::persephone:
:vendetta::pschip::psfist::persephone:
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::persephone:
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::persephone:
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::gwen: - @Fluffiness pulled this out w/ 1 hp remaining against some pretty brutal Sets hands.

Good games! Best of luck in the rest of the tournament, and maybe we’ll meet again in Summer Smash!

5 Likes

I think it was like this

:grave: :knockdown: :psfist: :gloria:
:midori: :psfist: :knockdown: :gloria:
:midori: :knockdown: :psfist: :bbb:
:setsuki: :knockdown: :psfist: :bbb:
:setsuki: :psfist: :knockdown: :bbb:
:setsuki: :psfist: :knockdown: :bbb:
:setsuki: :knockdown: :psfist: :gloria:

I can check my notes when I get home though

I only played a 3rd game of BBB vs. Setsuki because I mashed the “rematch same character” button. I really wanted to switch.

3 Likes

@sharpobject, you’re absolutely right.

Like I said, blur.

1 Like

Dietz 4-0 Migohunter
:lum::psfist::pschip::jaina:
:lum::psfist::pschip::jaina:
:lum::psfist::pschip::jaina: (He drew out my joker with a combo and then hit me with dodge > AAAA but I lived somehow)
:lum::psfist::pschip::jaina: (Started this match with two 10’s in hand. Ended it with 4 10’s, 4 Aces, and +30 out of combat damage in one turn. Fair game)

GGs Migo
He said he didn’t want to think with Quince and I fully respect that.

Life is rough for someone on fire.

9 Likes

imagehttps://i.imgur.com/c4jt321.png
Jaina play in a nutshell

8 Likes

“No… I can change this…!”

mysticjuicer 4 - 3 Leontes

:argagarg: :psfist: :knockdown: :setsuki:
:argagarg: :knockdown: :psfist: :setsuki:

ggs man

12 Likes

Max has used her powers to escape Summer Smash and gone all the way back to the past of 19xx to save/doom us all

10 Likes

lol oh shit, I completely forgot which tournament was what

7 Likes

LOVE TO SEE THE FISH WIN :heart::argagarg::heart:

Speaking of which…

Losers round 2 - thehug0naut vs @caralad

:argagarg::pschip::psfist::gloria: I got the CP to a coinflip with some random combat wins and a sneaky AA reveal but caralad won it out
:midori::psfist::pschip::gloria: it turns out he hadn’t played this MU before, and now he knows why to avoid it #meltedhearts
:midori::psfist::pschip::bbb: really tense match, but I drew all 4 Qs and a load of dodges so I could control range and put a bunch of damage into robot satan’s face
:midori::pschip::psfist::rook: GRAPPLER FITE - many 10s were smashed into my dragon face
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::rook: I apologised before making this fairly brutal CP, but then caralad nearly proved me wrong taking me to 19HP and very few cards (maybe I attacked a tad too much :wink:). Thankfully I played sufficiently right to take the game (though I did feel a pang of almost sadness punching out CMB)
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::valerie: valerie is very very scary as argagarg, and I think he didn’t anticipate my range shift due to me attacking a few times early on. After throwing one too many dodges, I hit him with an unexpected AA to bring him to 12HP vs 47HP, and I had two 7s and two jokers to close out the set confidently.

ggs @caralad, I really enjoyed the banter and the games. Hope you don’t feel too salty for too long!

8 Likes

Ivan vs UTRALAW - 4 : 1
:jaina::pschip::psfist::argagarg:
:midori::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:midori::psfist::pschip::menelker:
GGs, mate. Nice set.

4 Likes

R2L
MR vs @SouthpawHare 4-2

:grave::psfist::pschip::vendetta:
:grave::psfist::pschip::menelker:
:grave::pschip::psfist::menelker:
:gwen::psfist::pschip::menelker:
:gwen::pschip::psfist::gwen:
:grave::psfist::pschip::gwen:

All games were incredibly close (apart G3 where I was blown away by Mene’s fury)!

Respect and GGs!

6 Likes

MysticDeadman advances over Juushichi.

Copper 4-3 Zqxx

:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :gwen:
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

I ran into his moves until I stopped playing slow moves and throws (and getting my DSDs duffed), and only played fast moves and jokers (and powered up Aces for Queens lest I was tempted to throw). Then he switched to Setsuki, put me to 69 when I blocked a Jack, thus unleashing my limitless power so I bQ-power-upped then throw looped him to 17 before he halted my power with a Ninpo Flash but I closed it out before everything fell apart.

Pleasure to play you, friend

6 Likes

We had a slow Menelker bJ undercut by Chains of Ice. That combat alone was worth the price of admission, to be honest. :joy:

7 Likes

@MysticDeadman 3-4 Fluff

:onimaru::psfist::pschip::valerie:
:onimaru::pschip::psfist::argagarg:
:gwen::pschip::psfist::argagarg:
:gwen::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:gwen::psfist::pschip::valerie:
:gwen::pschip::psfist::gloria:
:lum::pschip::psfist::gloria:

Very fun games, most Yomi fun I’ve had in a while.

GGs!

7 Likes

You know it was a good time when one of the best and most respected players tells me my Gwen is scary. :smiley:

GGs d00d, and good luck to you the rest of the way.

7 Likes

Well, it certainly has been a while huh?

Most Popular Characters in 19XX: Ace 4 So Far

Arg and Sets continue to be the format favourites, and Midori continues to enjoy the best-grappler-in-the-format spot. Interestingly, Lum and Onimaru seem to have switched places since previous installments. Typically the big sword man has had more representation in 19XX, while Lum warmed the bench, but this year something different is happening.

Winningest Characters in 19XX: Ace 4 So Far

Menelker, Midori, and Lum with 60%+ winrates! :open_mouth: Given Midori’s popularity (and Rook’s too, I suppose) I’m not surprised to see BBB with a healthy near-60% winrate as well. Ditto for Arg and Gloria. Without Fivec, Legion, or BD_Corro in the mix, it looks like Setsuki’s winrate has dropped to coinflip percentages.

In unexpected news, it looks like Jaina is actually beating out Onimaru (!), Quince (!!), and Vendetta (!!!) in performance, and just barely losing out to Valerie! Granted, a 25% winrate isn’t much to celebrate, but this represents a pretty stunning record for her… Alexa play Despacito.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Oh hell yeah, it’s lit baby!

8 Likes

get out :sipemote:

2 Likes